The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The term is not over, man. He is playing on a high level and he comes from the primavera.

He had some good forms in the past but he is nothing special, soon will start leaving players unmarked or cause penalties/red cards. I think I've seen him enough for 4-5 years to know his limits well.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Agreed. Newcastle costs much cheaper than AC Milan. That's why Arabs just buy smaller clubs. That strategy though needs a rethink. Man. City was bought around 2007. We are in 2020, they haven't won a CL. PSG was bought a few years later, same issue no CL. Unless they dont care about winning CL, they care more about other aspects.

If you want to buy a club and wins a CL, buying a club like AC Milan is the fastest route because we have the history, legends that we can bring in to guide the players and rich experiences

I'm pretty sure they care about winning CL, but there is just no soul in both clubs. No history, no legendary stadium, no trophies, no identity and so on. As a player, you can feel that, the shortcoming reflects on the field and it's all just about making a shitload of money. And if it's not at PSG or City, then it will be somewhere else, so there is no emotional connection with the club and I think you need that to go the extra mile

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh he's actually playing CB right now for Bologna

Gonna tune in

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Is Tomiyashu a fast player. I have seen him play but can't evaluate if he is fast.

We need a fast CB if we play high press. Look what happened to Bayern. They got trashed 4-1 to nobody club because Alaba and Boateng were to slow. They pushed up to the halfway. They got beaten because Hoffenheim simply kicked the long ball to their runners.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, I'm so stupid.

Yes.

Oh, wait. It seems that Elliott knew this, and that they had actually setup various organizations to take over Milan because they knew of the risk involved with the guy who couldn't pay shit back, pushing him to make the corporation in Luxembourg, so that they could easily take over the club, because in Italy, the laws take years.

No they didn't. Stop with that nonsense.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they care about winning CL, but there is just no soul in both clubs. No history, no legendary stadium, no trophies, no identity and so on. As a player, you can feel that, the shortcoming reflects on the field and it's all just about making a shitload of money. And if it's not at PSG or City, then it will be somewhere else, so there is no emotional connection with the club and I think you need that to go the extra mile

Yes, exactly.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does Tomiyasu really have a good potential to play CB?
CB is a position where you can't afford to have converted or average player

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He had some good forms in the past but he is nothing special, soon will start leaving players unmarked or cause penalties/red cards. I think I've seen him enough for 4-5 years to know his limits well.
He will improve if he sticks around, unless he goes the Sciglio way.
I think we havent seen enough of him. :D

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. Milan is a brand that is huge, and has been run like shit, and that was the problem with B&G in the 2000's, they didn't do the marketing work that was necessary to take advantage of the strength of the brand.

Just listen to our marketing professionals talk about what they took over:

?It is probably too much to call it Stone Age but [AC Milan?s] commercial team was definitely 10 years behind the Premier League and probably two, three years behind the top clubs in Italy,? says Casper Stylsvig, the club?s new chief revenue officer, and a former global sponsorship director at Manchester United.​

They've just started to engage in social media with earnestness, player memes (that bring awareness of players and personalities, which drive attention, which bring in sponsorship money) can only emerge when you have players who perform. If we weren't winning, Kessie being called Presidente isn't funny. If Hakan and Kessie sucked, the fusion dance shit wouldn't be funny. Winning cures everything.

And yes, I was talking about the past--but we're not talking about Grande Torino. We're not talking about some 80's and 90's nostalgia, like, people know Milan.

Theo is a kid, and he's talking about Maldini being his idol and the best to ever play his position. Why do we talk about Milan, as a brand, being this old time mythology that no one knows about.

The financial potential of Serie A is massive. That's why Commisso is buying Fiorentina, and why he wanted to buy Milan. It's why Friedkins bought Roma, again, because they probably couldn't buy Milan.

You guys keep talking about what Milan's revenues or social media numbers are, right now, but the potential is massive for Milan. That power of the brand is massive, and again, winning cures all. If Milan starts appearing in the CL, then you're going to have announcers talk about "Milan's history." If we start winning big games in the CL, people will talk about the mythology of Milan, Milan DNA, all that crap, but it just builds a narrative. Sports is pushed by narrative, by story-lines, otherwise they're just fucking sports games.

Why does women's tennis have popularity? Because there are great stories there. You have great rivalries. The Williams sisters brought in great interest, racial undertones, and so many other factors.

The NBA was literally dogshit, people didn't watch the games lives, and then Magic Johnson and Larry Bird came in and they created a story for the league. They literally saved the NBA, and brought it up in America, before Michael Jordan made it explode.

Senna versus Prost? Their rivalry was great.

What does Milan offer TV audiences? A narrative. History. Great players. So if Theo becomes the next great LB, Maldini being the man who brought him in, expect stupid pre-game shows on that. Leao becomes the next Mane or Son? He has the personality to catch interest, they'll start comparing him to Ibra. And it goes on and on.

Milan is a massive brand, and that is built on winning. Milan is about winning, about European success, which Berlusconi realized was far more important than Scudetti, because he knew he had to reach for larger success.

God, I can't believe I have to explain this basic-as-fuck reality about sports as a business.
Serie A has so much potential but it's run so poorly. You already have the big clubs with Milan, Juve, Inter. Then Roma/Lazio/Napoli that are just below. If run properly, Serie A would have 5-6 clubs able to truly compete for scudetto..something only premiership can offer at the moment. It has the potential of again being the most compelling league in the world in terms competition and storylines. A well run serie a means a greater buying power for even clubs like Atalanta, much like the smaller clubs in epl that can outspend some big clubs in other countries. I have no clue though if Serie A is able to sell itself like premiership or if they even have the knowledge how to restructure and market their product properly.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Please for the love of God stop, you are completely clueless.

There are less people watching NBA in the last decade than in 1974, well before Bird.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

In the 1970's, the networks put the finals games on tape-delay.

It wasn't until 1982 (after Magic and Larry became the face of the NBA) that the games were cast live, consistently.

There are a million documentaries that have highlighted the simple fact that Larry and Magic saved the NBA. I'm honestly dumbfounded that you are disagreeing with me on this.

And I'm supposed to be the person who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yes. Which is why the global brand took such a dive.

But hey, I saw two guys at an airport wearing AC Milan jersey so.....

Yeah now you shit the bed.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the 1970's, the networks put the finals games on tape-delay.

It wasn't until 1982 (after Magic and Larry became the face of the NBA) that the games were cast live, consistently.

There are a million documentaries that have highlighted the simple fact that Larry and Magic saved the NBA. I'm honestly dumbfounded that you are disagreeing with me on this.

And I'm supposed to be the person who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Sam, leave it. The poor guy has issues

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Samaldinho's points make more sense than yours buddy. So sad that you don't see the brand's value of the club.

I quoted facts and numbers that show Juventus eclipsing this club by miles.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't interest me.

So and so wanted to buy this club but didn't doesn't interest me.

Potential is nothing until someone does something with it.

Elliott purposely loaning money to someone they knew wouldn't pay them back in order to get into sports management (something they have zero experience with) is the stupidest thing I've read in a while.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
very poor quality rumours, farmer league targets, rocawear discussion, no milenkovic or chiesa

pure VERGOGNA

tumblr_mm5iwk7aT71r4etbjo1_500.gif

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Riccardo Bigon, Bologna's sporting director:" We wouldn't want to sell Tomiyasu, but if sensational offers arrive we will take them into consideration. We'll also need a technical evaluation to find substitutes, it's not very simple."

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The stream I have for the Arsenal-Liverpool game has no fake crowd noise, but my God, the 1,000 fans they allow in Italy makes such a huge difference to watching the game.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MN - Milan, agreement with Hauge. All you need is the agreement with Bodo / Glimt: the point

looks like we are haggling over 5mil:lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Hauge will be Congos favourite player in 2022.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If Hauge happens it has to be one of the quickest transfers in Milan history lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule