Sandro Tonali Thread

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Folks aleady writing him off because he didnt blow the opposition out of the water in his first few games? /fp

Didnt know we had some world class scouts in this forum.

Dude is 20, hasnt played a lot of games yet with the team and is coming off the bench. Of course, he will take time to settle in.

Kessie was the same and pretty sure it took some time for Bennacer to settle in too.

Kid is not highly rated just because of some flashes here and there. Give him time.

In fact, I dont expect a lot in his first season. I wasnt for signing him for the ridiculous numbers being thrown around. But for 25m, thats a pretty good deal.

Its really hypocritical to clamour for youth but then become impatient just because they dont meet your lofty expectations immediately.

And also Bakayoko - lol. Sure, he had a period of 10-15 good games under Gattuso grinta football in a 3 man midfield. But the fact that he has flopped literally everywhere else should give some indication. Regardless, this isnt a Tonali or Bakayoko scenario. Last I checked, we got Tonali and trykng to get Bakayoko too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
"flopped everywhere else"

Lmao. He literally only flopped at Chelsea for a year.

Both his loan spells were a success but the asking price was too much to redeem by the bum clubs.

Tonali vs bakayoko ? No contest on who is more important for Milan to return to UCL.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Ppl are writing off tonali based on what?

10 mins of garbage time football?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That?s all full of shit. Tonali was ranked high in most major stat categories last season, even amongst all top 5 leagues when compared with similar players in his age range. He was not terrible from open play, Jesus Christ.

Which stats?

I'm a stats nerd, but most stats reveal the tactical role than rather than the quality. The stats that are tweeted are often very misleading.

He makes a lot of key passes...most are from set-pieces.

His passing accuracy is extremely low for an anchor or CDM. Some would interpret it as he's a shitty passer, but I think he was attempting difficult passes too often.

Someone posted that he is one of the most accurate dribblers in Serie A, but he made far less attempts than Bennacer and Locatelli who also had higher accuracy rates.

You seem to base it all on stats, but I'm going by the 6-7 Brescia matches I watched when I say he was awful in open play. The Brescia side which he literally pivoted were awful from start to finish and a lot of it had to do with their midfield. No bright points, strong finish or mitigating factors like Bennacer's Empoli.

Anyway, my expectations of him are extremely low and I still suspect he will fail to meet them. Montonali is a name that might stick :head:

I compared him with a young Montolivo as a form of compliment. But I'm starting to regret it.
He could be a Poli.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is no point to compare with Locatelli since he was the one who wanted to move.

I wasn't complaining about the Locatelli sale.

I was comparing an 18 year old Locatelli with a 20 year old Tonali in the anchor role.
Tonali should be considerably better than the 18 year old Locatelli, if he is Da Milan.

It is too early to judge Tonali now. We don't bring him to be a starter, he should be our first backup, a reliable one.

Yeah....but is he a reliable backup?

We'll see, but Bakayoko would be a much safer bet.

Folks aleady writing him off because he didnt blow the opposition out of the water in his first few games? /fp

Where did I even mention the Bologna performance?
Or write him off?

I've expressed doubts about Tonali since he was a Brescia player in Serie B.

He was awful in all of those 20 or so minutes he has played with the Milan shirt, but that's not why I don't like this deal.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never watched tonali before. But calm your tits all you keyboard guardiolas.

We gave hakan 3 season and a cheating wife before he started producing good performances.

This kid played a total of what? 30 mins for us?

Relax...

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
"flopped everywhere else"

Lmao. He literally only flopped at Chelsea for a year.

Both his loan spells were a success but the asking price was too much to redeem by the bum clubs.

Tonali vs bakayoko ? No contest on who is more important for Milan to return to UCL.
His second spell at Monaco was a success?

Thats news to me

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
pioli said things about tonali... few days ago...
about his physical condition...

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I wasn't complaining about the Locatelli sale.

I was comparing an 18 year old Locatelli with a 20 year old Tonali in the anchor role.
Tonali should be considerably better than the 18 year old Locatelli, if he is Da Milan.

I don't want to get into debate who is better between Tonali and Locatelli. I only want to emphasize that Tonali has something that lead an interest from Maldini and co.

Tonali had already 1 full season experienced in Serie B (he was 18 years old) and again a whole season games in Serie A (19 years old). He was called up by Italy (senior team) in 2019 (19 yo). In comparison, Locatelli got call when he was already 22 years old (in 2020).

Yeah....but is he a reliable backup?

Time will tell. He is still very young and came to Milan when the team have already two strong figures in positions Tonali could play in.

We'll see, but Bakayoko would be a much safer bet.

Absolutely agree with this. Milan tried to get Bakayoko first before seal the deal with Tonali but we all know how hard to get Bakayoko from Chelsea. In addition, we are still trying to get the Frenchman to Milanello. So, it should not be Tonali vs Bakayoko.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Jesus, a tad harsh given he has played a whopping 20 minutes.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We need a 3rd midfielder with Tonali being the 4th choice. He is no where near ready to be our third choice midfielder at all. Even Krunic played better in the last games

He might need a full season to even get up to speed so we need a 3rd midfielder ASAP

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Never watched tonali before. But calm your tits all you keyboard guardiolas.

We gave hakan 3 season and a cheating wife before he started producing good performances.

This kid played a total of what? 30 mins for us?

Relax...

Lol! Thenebra is awesum.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
We need a 3rd midfielder with Tonali being the 4th choice. He is no where near ready to be our third choice midfielder at all. Even Krunic played better in the last games

He might need a full season to even get up to speed so we need a 3rd midfielder ASAP

No.. we need a 3rd AND 4th mid and Tonali can be our 5th! or even 6th! He is nowhere NEAR ready to even touch this pitch with his big toe!!!

Give the dude a break. He's a little nervous and unsure right now literally playing for his childhood dream club, you can see the nerves for sure. Give him some time to drop the nerves and we're likely to have a dynamite player on our hands pushing to start eventually. Gotta break him in sometime and might as well be sooner than later so he finds his feet faster.

How long did Hakan and Kessie suck ass before all of the sudden they're playing great? What about Calabria and Rebic too? A little bit of time bb, just chill

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Wtf. This guy is a bigger defensive liability than Pirlo without any offensive flair.

That last chance Glimt was entirely down to him. :fp:

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
No.. we need a 3rd AND 4th mid and Tonali can be our 5th! or even 6th! He is nowhere NEAR ready to even touch this pitch with his big toe!!!

Give the dude a break. He's a little nervous and unsure right now literally playing for his childhood dream club, you can see the nerves for sure. Give him some time to drop the nerves and we're likely to have a dynamite player on our hands pushing to start eventually. Gotta break him in sometime and might as well be sooner than later so he finds his feet faster.

How long did Hakan and Kessie suck ass before all of the sudden they're playing great? What about Calabria and Rebic too? A little bit of time bb, just chill

Why are you being emotional about this? Tonali is currently awful and lost on the pitch. He looks clueless and has no idea what he is supposed to do.

He needs time and is not ready to come into our team in place of Kessie or Bennacer if they need to rest, injured or are suspended.

How is that hard to understand?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Remember Bakayoko's first few games here? Give hime time ffs

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
never watched tonali before. But calm your tits all you keyboard guardiolas.

we gave hakan 3 season and a cheating wife before he started producing good performances.

this kid played a total of what? 30 mins for us?

Relax...

lmfaoooooooo

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tackling accuracy

Van Bommel in Scudetto season: 81.4%

Bakayoko 18/19 season: 70.3%

Kessie career so far: 64.3%

Bennacer in Empoli: 68.8%

Montolivo entire career: 68.4%

Locatelli as an 18 year old in 16/17 season: 69%

Poli in Milan: 57.3%

Notice the higher accuracy for anchors/holding midfielders.

Tonali 19/20 season: 50%

Tonali in Milan:

giphy.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
How many minutes has be played?

You cock-sucking cockroaches :lol:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Wtf. This guy is a bigger defensive liability than Pirlo without any offensive flair.

That last chance Glimt was entirely down to him. :fp:

Why did we pick him up :fp:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
No, how many minutes in serie a for milan

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
Tackling accuracy

Van Bommel in Scudetto season: 81.4%

Bakayoko 18/19 season: 70.3%

Kessie career so far: 64.3%

Bennacer in Empoli: 68.8%

Montolivo entire career: 68.4%

Locatelli as an 18 year old in 16/17 season: 69%

Poli in Milan: 57.3%

Notice the higher accuracy for anchors/holding midfielders.

Tonali 19/20 season: 50%

Tonali in Milan:

giphy.gif

Holy fuck he got burnt so bad in that situation. I was so happy they missed that golden chance in stoppage time. I would only put him in if we are winning by at least 2 goals :lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, how many minutes in serie a for milan

17 awful minutes in Serie A for Milan.
20 awful minutes in EL for Milan.

3019 mostly awful minutes in Serie A for Brescia.

37 minutes for Milan is a short sample, but that is not the only sample we have of him.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Remember Bakayoko's first few games here? Give hime time ffs

Excellent example. Many forgot his first games with Milan.

Tonali is just 20 years old. Relax. Give him time.

We are also chasing one more midfielder.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Why did we pick him up :fp:

I remember the story when moggi messed around with an inter scout pointing at a random player and saying how good he was. A few weeks later that player was at inter flopping hard.

Did inter just do a moggi on us?

Conte with an excellent decision to go with vidal over this guy. He would have cycled 3 clubs before tonali would become useful for inter.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not writting him off but it's right in front of our eyes why he's so cheap and juve still passed on him and went for McKennie :lol:

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
So he's played the equivalent of less than one half of a game (over two games) and users are complaining about him?

Are you all morons?

Schedule