SAPL Discussion Thread

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
@Sonny.Bill.Williams

You predicted twice in the Week 28 CL/EL Thread...I used the most current prediction

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
There are no games this coming weekend, I will post Round 30 next Monday 25/3. :)

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Don't wanna point any fingers here, but I'm pretty sure I'm intitled to 8 points this week, and not 7. What gives?

My predictions:

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=1689604&postcount=4

18:00 Catania - Udinese 2-1
20:45 Bologna - Juventus 1-2

12:30 Siena - Cagliari 2-2
15:00 Milan - Palermo 2-1
15:00 Torino - Lazio 1-1
15:00 Sampdoria - Inter 1-1
15:00 Fiorentina - Genoa 3-1
15:00 Pescara - Chievo 1-2
15:00 Napoli - Atalanta 2-1
20:45 Roma - Parma 3-1

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Don't wanna point any fingers here, but I'm pretty sure I'm intitled to 8 points this week, and not 7. What gives?

Sorry dhorasoo, my bad, fixed now.

Guys, it's a good idea to check your results each week, unfortunately mistakes may go undetected.

Waiting man :thumbsup:

It's up now :)

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
I have posted the next 2 rounds.

I am moving house, starting tomorrow, and it's going to take a while to organise a new telephone/internet connection. I can get online on my phone, but not as easy to create and edit threads.

I will update scores when I am fully back online.

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti

I am moving house, starting tomorrow, and it's going to take a while to organise a new telephone/internet connection. I can get online on my phone, but not as easy to create and edit threads.

Good luck bro! :thumbsup:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

Good Luck man and Congratulations ;) :)

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Goodluck and congrats ulladullau

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Four of the final round games have moved to an earlier time than originally posted.

They are:
Sat 18/5
20:45 Sampdoria - Juventus
Sun 19/5
15:00 Bologna - Genoa
15:00 Atalanta - Chievo
15:00 Torino - Catania

All others stay the same. Please get your votes in before the first match, if you wait too long then the games that have already started won't count.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
@ulladullau

Not very important but in the week 38 topic you have the Sampdoria - Juve game twice because of the changed game times. :)

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Last game for the SAPL has been posted.
Two point up for grabs. Just like the earlier knockout games, result will be taken as at the end of extra time (if there is any).

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
It is less than a month now until the start of the Serie A season, we will start with the first round of the Serie A, not the CL qualifier game.

I am going to implement this suggestion by necro..

For next season, can we consider giving points for correctly predicting the Goal Difference?

Say, I predict Juve vs Milan to end 1-3.

A. If the match ends 1-3, I get 3 points.
B. If it ends 0-2 or 2-4 or of a similar scoreline with the same goal difference of -2, I get 2 points.
C. If it ends just in a Milan win of any other scoreline with a different GD, I get 1 point.

I hope to see as many as possible participate, and a lot of new faces :)

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
What about people predict a draw result? How is the point system?

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Predicting the correct score if it is a draw = 3 points
Predicting the draw correctly but getting the actual score wrong = 2 points (since goal difference will be correct)

This is how I assumed necros suggestion would work.

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So predicting the draw have higher chance to get more points than predicting a win since you either get 2 or 3 points for the correct result.
Let say I predict 4 matches 1:0 for home win and the result is 2:0 for home win, so I get 4 points. And the other hand people predict 2 matches for 1:1 draw and the result is 0:0 draw, so he gets 4 ponts. Is it fair?

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes it seems fair. Those two are not the same kind of situations. Predicting a 0-0 and the result being 1-1 is a better job than predicting a 1-0 and the result being 2-0. It deserves more points I think. You have basically predicted the "Difference in quality" between the two teams accurately in the first case and not accurately in the second case. You only say 1 team is better than the other in the second case.

Upto Ulladullau to decide whether to go for the 2 points for GD situation or not. I find it much better.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually i'm aware that predicting a draw is harder than a win, like you said it's harder to spot the balance quality between two teams. It just that point comparison for 4 matches bother me a bit. That said i'm okay with the new point system, interesting.

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
I am happy to go with the new system, it was brought up a few months back and all the comments were positive.

That said, I may be jumping the gun, I haven't passed it by David yet...

EDIT...David has given his blessing :)

Last edited:

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can't wait to play! :star:

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Where do we actually place our predictions?

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
Wait until about a week before the first round.

I will post a thread with the weeks games and you can post your predictions after that.

We predict Serie A, Coppa Italia (Starting the round when Milan joins) and the Italian teams games in the UCL & EL.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe it's an idea to put all the rules into a seperate topic, or at least in the first post of this topic. Just a suggestion. :)

ulladullau

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta and Silva
After a bit of discussion in the Italian Football Thread, I have decided the following:

Reward for finishing first in the SAPL this season will be a choice between a shirt like I am making for last seasons winner, pic below

RnB_SAPL-Badge-BLACK_zpsac3a0ab2.jpg

Or, since people are obviously hesitant to give out their postal address over the internet, a gift voucher to acmilan.com to the same value as the shirt costs to be made and posted, which is around $50AU (Second and third will get a $30AU voucher :) )

Winners choice :)

NB: I will have to ask David about a coloured name change for the winner.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
^^ That`s awesome of you, i will try to play this season also:D

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm SO going to win.

(yeah who am I kidding :lol:)

Will definitely play! :)