Italian Football Thread III

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
As I expected, Genoa will be great to watch this season. Kouame has taken to the Andreazzoli football like a duck to water, and Pinamonti could be the hot name in the market by the end of this season. They are going to cause many big teams serious problems.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I want them to win anyway, until we get our shit together. If we miss out on 4th, which is likely lets be honest, want to see atalanta get it instead

My god.

Do you have a single optimistic bone in your body?

"Roma will smash Genoa" ... and they draw 3-3.

Just pessimism. You make it look like Ash is permanently on MDMA

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My god.

Do you have a single optimistic bone in your body?

"Roma will smash Genoa" ... and they draw 3-3.

Just pessimism. You make it look like Ash is permanently on MDMA

How the fuck do you expect me to be positive after our performance?

If we lost like we did last season vs naples then fair enough (I was actually really positive then and thought we were unlucky to lose)

But this performance was awful

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well shits looking good for Inter, but anyone who has an unbiased view realises that they're miles ahead as things stand. Conte is a truly great coach and he already has his team roaring... As for Lukaku, I can see him doing really well for them outside of just goals.

Also gotta love all the people who have just dismissed Sensi as another Bertolacci. Leo had his eyes on him for so long for a reason.

Gotta hope we catch up.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Lukaku did well but it's not surprising. He goes on these hot streaks and can always score against the lesser teams. His problem is his record vs the big teams (1 in 17 vs PL top 6) and he goes on goalless streaks.

He's definitely good enough to be considered a good player for a team like Inter though. I don't think we sold him because of a lack of ability, it was more of a stylistic issue. I did see him bully the defender a few times last night which was refreshing to see. He seemed to lose every physical duel he had for us.

Looking at the Serie A landscape, he'll probably cement them as a top 4 team but he has a very definite ceiling. Certainly nothing for Juventus to fear even if Inter beefed up their midfield and defense behind him.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Italian reports claim #MUFC defender Chris Smalling is close to joining #ASRoma.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Smaldini will be Roma's best defender. Wouldn't mind him at Milan instead of that random Brazilian cb

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I missed the Lazio match last weekend but apparently they were brilliant. Milinkovic-Savic and Luis Alberto back to the levels of two seasons back it seems. Anyone saw?

I’m starting to rethink about them now. Kept all their good guys, didn’t make any significant signings. I’ve always felt continuity to be the best thing in football if you need to improve.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I watched the Roma match instead, so I didn't see Lazio. You are right though, they have continuity, same coach, and a system they have played for years. They've always been "just there", although I think they are doing well considering they take all 3 competitions seriously.

They're a good team, and is SMS gets back to the level of 2 years ago, it will be great for them. They also finally improved their right wing-back position as Lazzari, although not top class, is a very tricky player, and light years ahead of someone like Marusic. Their defence can always be a problem, but with Correa now settled and a starter, that attack looks really good. Correa-Immobile with SMS and Luis Alberto behind them. Caicedo isn't great, but he is able to chip in with some goals when Immobile is injured/out of form.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lazzari is an excellent player. I think he'll be great for them. I'll definitely catch the derby.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Serious knee injury for Chiellini

Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini has been diagnosed with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will require surgery.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Serious knee injury for Chiellini

Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini has been diagnosed with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will require surgery.

This will be a huge blow for them. Rugani and Demiral need to step up.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
No chance of t hem selling us the Turk now.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Juve dismantling Napoli with average lineup. Conte the only hope to save Serie A.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
That’s Serie A for you

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Ligt demonstrating why Chiellini will be a huge loss for Juve. Two errors two goals. What a comeback.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3-3!!! Third De Ligt mistake!!!

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Donnnnn Carrrrlloooooo

Schedule