German Bundesliga Thread

E

Esoteric

did you watch the game ??? Have you watch most games his played this season????? Guy is shite ...just poor technique ..no body strength ...bad decision making...wastes chances...no upper body strength ....rensing made some saves a keeper should ..most of it was straight at him and the poor finishing made him look better than he is .....only two saves were WC ...the rest should've been goals

Götze-best ever :thumbsup:

technique is very impressive, he also has some strength but he's a forward playing in a midfield-esque role, so ofcourse he's going to face some difficulties. By the time he really adapts to that position, which in fact might never happen, he will always show poor decision making, but he's still vital because Kuba can't offer what Kagawa did, so they need to compensate that by having two striking players that provide more directness in the play.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
technique is very impressive, he also has some strength but he's a forward playing in a midfield-esque role, so ofcourse he's going to face some difficulties. By the time he really adapts to that position, which in fact might never happen, he will always show poor decision making, but he's still vital because Kuba can't offer what Kagawa did, so they need to compensate that by having two striking players that provide more directness in the play.

Not quite sure who you are refering to here ...guessing Lewansh!tski :rolleyes:....very impressive technique??? really...If I had a drink everytime he loss the ball (note LOSS - Not tackled) ,I wouldn't be alive right now :proud:...he has no strength whatsoever ,GOETZE is much stronger than him.....I've hated on him for a while now even when he does play CF..search my posts ....don't agree that he is vital they could've lined-up with GOETZE :proud: in his position and play Kuba out wide

------------Barrios--------
KG--------:proud:GOETZE:star:--Kuba

not quite sure about the situation concerning Zidan is as he would be a much much much better option...heck even Oddo at CF would be better than him :rolleyes: n/j

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rubbish, if Bayern bottle it at home against Inter then he could be gone, but they wont so he will stay.

The upper management conceded defeat in the title race a few weeks ago and last weeks loss to the league leaders was the final nail in the coffin. Now, they have targeted 2nd place in the league as a minimum and a deep run in the CL.

The CL as you know depends on the teams luck, should they draw Schalke/Valencia, Shakhtar or United then i would fancy them.

In the league they have to keep winning and also play a game against Leverkusen and hope they can get 2nd.

If he fails this at the end of the season he could be shown the door.

Bayerns defense is dog shit. Can you honestly not see them conceding a couple of away goals?
It will depend on how many the manage to score.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Bayerns defense is dog shit. Can you honestly not see them conceding a couple of away goals?
It will depend on how many the manage to score.

Are you an Inter fan?

They [Bayern] didn't concede when Inter was at home so what makes you think that they will concede 'a couple of away goals' in Munich?

And yes, i can honestly tell you that they wont score more than 1 goal, Bayern just need to score the first goal to put the tie to bed, which eventually they will.

Btw, in the San Siro, Bayern hit the post twice and made JC produce some nice saves. This shows that Bayern has taken the game to Inter, question really is, can Inter survive Bayern's onslaught?

SN: Ranocchia is most likely out of that match.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Are you an Inter fan?

They [Bayern] didn't concede when Inter was at home so what makes you think that they will concede 'a couple of away goals' in Munich?

And yes, i can honestly tell you that they wont score more than 1 goal, Bayern just need to score the first goal to put the tie to bed, which eventually they will.

Btw, in the San Siro, Bayern hit the post twice and made JC produce some nice saves. This shows that Bayern has taken the game to Inter, question really is, can Inter survive Bayern's onslaught?

SN: Ranocchia is most likely out of that match.

Why is it when you talk about a rival team, it makes you a fan of that team?

I think Milan will probably go out to Spurs on Wednesday, but does that make me a Spurs fan?

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
Saw Dortmund play today, it wasn't their greatest performance but a wins a win. Incredible defensive record, only conceded 14 goals. Sahin was awesome as usual, it makes me wish he was at Milan but their whole team is excellent. Dortmund haven't offically won the leauge but we all know they will. Pretty much secured after week 9. Credit to Borissua Dortmund, i hope they don't sell any of their players because i know they will do very well in the CL, they can beat anyone. Dortmund are my second favorite club to the only Milan club ;)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why is it when you talk about a rival team, it makes you a fan of that team?

I think Milan will probably go out to Spurs on Wednesday, but does that make me a Spurs fan?

Nothing like that, i've seen you defend Inter before so im just casually asking as you ignored certain facts about the first leg.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bayern are in wretched from.

1-0 down to 3rd placed Hannover.

Pressure will build if the score remains the same on Van Gaal. They are so short from the team they were last year.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Bayern are in wretched from.

1-0 down to 3rd placed Hannover.

Pressure will build if the score remains the same on Van Gaal. They are so short from the team they were last year.

This way the are on their way to get no CL next season. Bayern and no CL is humilating for them, and if that's not enough already, the CL final will be in their own stadium next season.

It will be very tough to finish second for Bayern; Leverkusen are a very good team. If they fail to finish 3rd (quali CL), then it's very humilating.

Changing the subject: Gladbach played a good first half. They were better than Hoffenheim. Igor should have scored. Great chance, noobish miss/fail. :head:

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
2-0 they are losing now.

I think he's a goner personally, expect somebody new to take over for the Inter game.

I don't think the hierarchy wants to see Bayern go out and fuck up the only competition left for them. Surprising though as Van Gaal is normally a very good coach.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Losing to Hannover, though they are a good team this season, still Bayern should do better. Losing vs Hannover, wow, CL is very very far away now. Hannover CL next season? (Though quali...) I didn't see that coming...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3:1 not watching the match but cant blame them, they have one eye on Inter. Subs like Van Buyten and Ottl are on. Van Buyten is slow as fuck. They clearly dont care about this game.

Edit: They will finish third atleast, cant see Hannover keep this up.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
3:1 not watching the match but cant blame them, they have one eye on Inter. Subs like Van Buyten and Ottl are on. Van Buyten is slow as fuck. They clearly dont care about this game.

Yeah but they lost against Dortmund and Shalcke before hand which isn't good enough as well. You really think this is because their minds are on the Inter game?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah but they lost against Dortmund and Shalcke before hand which isn't good enough as well. You really think this is because their minds are on the Inter game?

We know their coach is attack-minded and their defense is a mess but firing him just before their biggest match of the season is the right call. Maybe from your perspective it is, seeing you favor Inter in the tie but in the neutral perspective its not.

He has the chance to knock out the current European champions and your acting as if loses to Dortmund and Schalke mean that they wont get CL at all. Please dont condemn the team or the coach unless the season is coming to an end or unless they are in a major injury crisis or something.

And yes, to answer your question, their mind in on the Inter game right now else LvG wouldnt take out his best CB and a playmaker to play second fiddle options. Clear indication there, would be surprised if Leo doesnt rest a few players himself.

sammyvine

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We know their coach is attack-minded and their defense is a mess but firing him just before their biggest match of the season is the right call. Maybe from your perspective it is, seeing you favor Inter in the tie but in the neutral perspective its not.

He has the chance to knock out the current European champions and your acting as if loses to Dortmund and Schalke mean that they wont get CL at all. Please dont condemn the team or the coach unless the season is coming to an end or unless they are in a major injury crisis or something.

And yes, to answer your question, their mind in on the Inter game right now else LvG wouldnt take out his best CB and a playmaker to play second fiddle options. Clear indication there, would be surprised if Leo doesnt rest a few players himself.

I rate Van Gaal. I just don't think Bayern will give him time or risk going out to Inter when you consider their poor results recently.

It's only fair though that he finishes the job till the end of the season or after the Inter game at least. He got a win @ the San Siro so he deserves to manage the team in the 2nd leg.

I don't think Leonardo will rest players. Inter will not win the CL imo, but they may have a chance of winning Serie A (although I think Milan will win it). It's not like they are out of it like Bayern are in Germany. It will be silly and arrogant of him to rest players imo.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really really hope Bayern sort out their problems before the Merda game,I WANT MERDA OUT OF CHAMPIONS ;)

I'm convinced Bayern will get through; I said it pre the first leg. They have a problem in 1. Bundesliga, not in CL. :D

Maybe they have an eye on the CL match, but they were facing H96 today: their main opponent for 3rd place (lowest spot for CL hopes)... verrrrry important match. Not caring about the game, I don't believe that. Bayern cares for all games. Surely vs a rival for CL.

I've never rated Van Buyten.

Well, I expect Bayern to finish top 3, but losing vs H96 makes it a whole lot tougher. Could have been a crucial game. Let's see if H96 can keep it up. Won't be easy top 3 for Bayern.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe they have an eye on the CL match, but they were facing H96 today: their main opponent for 3rd place (lowest spot for CL hopes)... verrrrry important match. Not caring about the game, I don't believe that. Bayern cares for all games. Surely vs a rival for CL.

Well, I expect Bayern to finish top 3, but losing vs H96 makes it a whole lot tougher. Could have been a crucial game. Let's see if H96 can keep it up. Won't be easy top 3 for Bayern.

Im not really worried about Bayern, they will finish 3rd place. It wont be easy but Hannover are going on a roller-coaster ride soon.

589c3dd3df5b423603b74c7e797c0a51.png

Tell me how many points do you think they can get from their remaining fixtures. I'd say at most 12 to 14, anything more that this and the CL spot is theirs.

I looked at Bayern's fixtures, they have only 1 or 2 tough games but they could get at the most 18 to 20 points from now till season end.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im not really worried about Bayern, they will finish 3rd place. It wont be easy but Hannover are going on a roller-coaster ride soon.

589c3dd3df5b423603b74c7e797c0a51.png

Tell me how many points do you think they can get from their remaining fixtures.

I eye them as favourites vs all of them, bar Dortmund .............and Gladbach :D

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I eye them as favourites vs all of them, bar Dortmund .............and Gladbach :D

Are you joking???

favs away to Koln and Hamburg??

I want an honest opinion :o

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Nice! Bayern losing. They shouldn't finish higher than 3rd as they are the only German club who goes serious about playing in UCL, though I expect Dortmund to come good in next season's UCL.

And I wonder where that parasite Raul will move once Schalke fail to finish in European places.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Are you joking???

favs away to Koln and Hamburg??

I want an honest opinion :o

Well, those two games won't be easy for H96. That's true. Calling them favourites there is maybe not accurate. One game Dortmund are obvious favourites, two games are also tough, others H96 are favourites. Not looking too bad for them.

I was more thinking about what game I think they can win rather than being obvious favourites. Those two games can go either way, my mistake.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
neverkusen score again, 2-0 renato

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Time Not Quite Up For Louis Van Gaal, But Bayern Munich Are Looking At Replacements
Bayern Munich coach Louis Van Gaal is fighting to cling on to power, and his job, as the club lines up replacements after losing three games in a row to equal an 11-year record.

The 3-1 defeat against Hannover has left directors at the club fuming as they risk missing out on the Champions League places. Van Gaal has lost confidence from the board, and the club will be moving forward with plans to replace him, but they are taking time.

TZ, the Munich-based newspaper, claims Uli Hoeness and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge are in agreement to fire the 59-year-old Dutchman, and would have done so already, but the market for alternatives is quiet, leaving the chiefs with options and time to redesign plans.

Matthias Sammer's name was thrown into the hat, though Hoeness is not his greatest fan. Their Champions League clash against Inter is also stopping the men in control from pulling the trigger.

Bayern are currently 1-0 up on aggregate against the champions, and sacking the coach could unstabilise the team, putting their hopes to qualify for the quarter-finals at risk.

Balance of Power

The feeling in Germany is of striking the balance between league progress and Champions League ambition. Hoeness is desperate not to let qualification into Europe's elite competition slip for next season, given the 2012 final will be in Munich, but he also knows sacking Van Gaal now could endager their current aims ahead of the Inter return.

It leaves a waiting game in Munich, until at least after the Inter clash when Hoeness and Rummenigge would have a clearer vision on the future. Dialogue is expected in the boardroom with one of the names flying around being Otmar Hitzfeld.

Hoeness likes the former Borussia Dortmund coach, and he could be appointed in the summer, when Van Gaal is expected to leave, unless the timing scenario changes.

Former Inter and Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez has been linked with the club. However, his limitations in speaking German would be an unwelcome obstacle. Frank Rijkaard's name has been mentioned, but he seems occupied with taking on a role with Sporting CP of Portugal.

On Friday the Dutchman confirmed he was in talks over a role in Lisbon. Martin Jol seems an outside choice. Former Bayern star Mehmet Scholl, and Lothar Matthaus, are also names gaining column space among several German papers, but the strong favourite seems Hitzfeld.

Leverkusen's Jupp Heynckes's friendship with Hoeness puts him in the picture, however he appears keen to avoid the pressure a top role at Bayern commands.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Update 20.20 CET: Hoeness has confirmed to Sky that Bayern Munich will not make a decision on the future of Van Gaal on Sunday.

Rummenigge and Hoeness discussed Van Gaal's situation with sporting director Christian Nerlinger during a five-hour meeting earlier on Sunday. The Dutch gaffer will meet the Bayern chiefs on Monday to learn his faith.

Tomorrow could be D day, though i doubt they will do anything until after the Inter match.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Would be stupid to let go Van Gaal before the CL match. Van Gaal got Inter in his pocket. I predicted it before the first leg.

Schedule