Diego López Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He didnt spend. He's far too clever to spend when market situations present themselves without fail every single time.

2.5 million plus bonuses in wages for 4 years is spending... He could have easily spent that on a Pandev or whatever and neglected our GK issues like he has done for almost a decade.

We wont pay a transfer fee to Madrid, but there will be some bonuses.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
2.5 million plus bonuses in wages for 4 years is spending...

We wont pay a transfer fee to Madrid, but there will be some bonuses.

That's salary. You have to pay salary otherwise you'll be jailed.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Omg don't be a moron mesbah

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He didnt spend. He's far too clever to spend when market situations present themselves without fail every single time.

Still Galliani isn't a magician and free transfers aren't a legitimate method to building a winning team.

We did get lucky with De Jong, Montolivo and Diego Lopez, but Galliani's other freebies were nowhere near Milan quality.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I know navas and casillas aren't very big but fuck lopez looks huge . so happy with this purchase.

seriously when we got agazzi it looked doom and gloom and then BAM ..real went full ****** .

this guy unlike a lot of keepers has very good positional sense and it's not simply about athleticism . at the end of the day athleticism looks great but declines quickly

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of him before RM, but his time at RM he was hands down WC.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Pretty much a WC player.

Very impressed. Still surprised this has actually happened, and so fast too.

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Training with Casillas, Lopez and Navas. The fitness levels seem quite different between Casillas and the other two.

Huh?

Real Madrid choosing Casillas over Lopez!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Epic Fail!

Even my grandma looks more frightening than Casillas and even my uncle looks more fit than him. :lol::lol:

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan had a horrendous pre-season giving out so many goals.
For once Galliani made a right deal at the right time.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Now I am no longer taller than every player on the Milan squad :(

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
a short GK's game is all about agility and jumping
I was referring to our favorite new super moderator's interpretation of the video as being representative of the three keepers' respective fitness levels.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Yup. Tallest was Gabriel at 193

i can understand why u like ronacchia :lol:. tbh, i dont mind him either, he is much better than mexes and zapata, thats for sure.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Fantastic keeper, I wanted him to stay and Casillas to leave but club politics means he will be shown the door. Class act, outperformed San Iker for two years. One of the best keepers in the world, Milan did well to get him.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fantastic keeper, I wanted him to stay and Casillas to leave but club politics means he will be shown the door. Class act, outperformed San Iker for two years. One of the best keepers in the world, Milan did well to get him.

Si senior, I was a huge fan of hin when he played for RM and considered hin as one of the Top 5 GK in the world… really really really glad we got him

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I don't no what the hell is up with Madrid, but they just put out the best keeper in La Liga last year IMO. I didn't even think it was possible he would come here.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Good business by B & G.

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse"

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I wonder why no other team offered money to real for him

He would be worth at least 10M

Chubby carlo and a first option to refuse on el pato or descilgio

They dont need money spanish citizens are rich and they want to release him soon.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
personally, i really like this move... one of the better signings we've had in recent years. I am also a big fan of Abbiati, however in the last 2 years he hasn't really instilled confidence in the squad and is very prone to errors, with a few a world-class saves here and there.

Hoping for some consistency from Diego Lopez. I just wonder, would Abbiati want to stay and be on the bench? He's a Laziali, and with Marchetti wanting out, maybe we could get some cash for him that we could use elsewhere? Plus he has wages of around 2.5-3.5m, somewhere in between... so he's getting paid more than what half the squad is earning. It'd be wise to sell Abbiati, he's still a very good keeper.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Top GK. Loved that save against Dortmund!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Grazie Galliani for giving us Lopez!! Terrific signing, can't wait for Armero and Lopez to be officially presented as Milan players

Schedule