CL: AC Milan (4) - Arsenal FC (0) 15/02/2012

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Yeah, RVP, hope he gets injured

That's kinda harsh...

I hope Milan gets through whoever is playing or not. Wishing for injuries is a weak thing to do, and lacks respect to that person.

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
this two games are not for ambrosini and van bommel... if they play we will face serious difficulties. lock them in the closet.

dynamic, pacy, relentless, fresh and skillfull midfield for this games is a must.

FORZA MILAN :star:

Agreed. Having them is like having 10 players. Might as well start without a proper holding mid at all.

Aquilani, Seedorf, Nocerino
Boateng

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
That's kinda harsh...

I hope Milan gets true whoever is playing or not. Wishing for injuries is a weak thing to do, and lacks respect to that person.

Not like it's not gonna happen again. Just a matter of time.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Agreed. Having them is like having 10 players. Might as well start without a proper holding mid at all.

Aquilani, Seedorf, Nocerino
Boateng

Seedorf is capable of being a proper mid. I hope he can do it against Arsenal. That midfield seems like our best if all are in form that game. In Champions League Seedorf surely will. So this midfield is my choice. Seedorf offers more attacking and playmaking skills than Van Bommel. And against and since that game against Spurs, Seedorf has proven himself in that position.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Let's do this! Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have fucked us over in the past Champions League draws and now we have to come back and show Arse it won't be an easy ride!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
No Seedorf
No Ambrosini
No Antonini
No Gattuso

Then we'll be fine :D

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
I'm weak and don't know about respect so God please get Antonini injured.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
:fp:

our midfield this season is a trillion times better than the one that lined up against tottenham first leg

if i can remember outright, it was flamini-silva-gattuso

now we * if we have no injuries*... noce-vb-aquilani

silva is needed at cb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all know that! dm, he can play well... but our defence needs him!

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
:fp:

our midfield this season is a trillion times better than the one that lined up against tottenham first leg

if i can remember outright, it was flamini-silva-gattuso

now we * if we have no injuries*... noce-vb-aquilani

silva is needed at cb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all know that! dm, he can play well... but our defence needs him!

No, no no.

----Ibra----Pato-------
------Robinho----------
Noce-Montolivo-Boateng
Silva-Nesta-Mexés-Abate

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Kinda pointless to predict the favorites for this game right now...

It's 2 and a half months away. Injuries happen, players drop or regain form, new players come in.

Still, drawing Arsenal definitely isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. We could've gotten Bayern or Madrid. Our performance against Barca will give our players the confidence needed to win this match.

Let's just hope no one get injured.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play please dont let rvp play

He's only on form for 2011. ;)

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
We can pass them easily, it is not big deal, but our problem that when we will jump to the next level, then, we must have Proper AMF + Dynamic CMF (if flam is out for longer period or for sale) + LB.

Falkryr

The Champion !
Reaction score
If we cant pass Arsenal this year when they are down to their weakest point then let just forget the whole CL thing

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
seedorf will start for sure, no matter how shit his form is. probably zambrotta as well.

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so worried about RvP if I was Milan, Milan are lucky that RvP's neither particularly quick or strong, he's just very good technically, and literally does everything you'd want a centre forward to do in every phase of play. Nesta and Silva are two of the best CB's in the world at reading the game, they're on a different level to your average PL defender.

My fear would be Walcott, he's given Barca a lot of trouble in recent years and if Taiwo can't fit in at LB that could be a big problem.

This is a weaker Arsenal team than anything they've assembled this millenium though, I fancy Milan to take it. And this is the one team in England that Ibra can succeed against.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
^^Agreed about Walcott, his pace will probably be the biggest threat for us. Imagening him vs Antonini (tacticly awfull) or Zambro (way to slow) is just painfull..

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
4 years ago, Pato made his CL debut against Arsenal. 4 years on from that day, Pato scored only like 4-5 goals in CL? Shows how much he hasn't improved, goals per game still around the same level, maybe a tiny bit better.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
we have this.

robben van p is the only player to worry about.

Time for italy to put english teams out lol

hopefully Ivan will be fit till then to fuck him badly:cool::D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Tricky draw. I got to admit, this is one of my fav arsenal sides. Considering what happened at beginning of season, they way wenger's settled the ship and they are still in position to get top 4. Kudos.

A few tactical adjustments i've noticed. He's switched to more of a 4-1-4-1. Packing midfield a bit more. And he's been using more defensive FBs. Vermaelen wide a little, Koncesky, Djourou etc. I wonder if that'll stay but it's given him more solidarity.

The midfield and attack has been pretty consistent-

RVP
Gervinho--Arteta--Ramsey--Walcott
Song
Defense

I'm not a fan of Gervinho, the others work well. Arteta settled. Ramsey is a quality all around player. Walcott is quality.

My major fear is their ability to slip behind our midfield/fullbacks and out pace up.

I wouldn't be so worried about RvP if I was Milan, Milan are lucky that RvP's neither particularly quick or strong, he's just very good technically, and literally does everything you'd want a centre forward to do in every phase of play. Nesta and Silva are two of the best CB's in the world at reading the game, they're on a different level to your average PL defender.

My fear would be Walcott, he's given Barca a lot of trouble in recent years and if Taiwo can't fit in at LB that could be a big problem.

This is a weaker Arsenal team than anything they've assembled this millenium though, I fancy Milan to take it. And this is the one team in England that Ibra can succeed against.

Walcott on counter is fear #1.

My second fear is RVP's ability to join in build up and then late runs from midfield. Our LB cannot stay with walcott and MVB would struggle marking ramsey or arteta from midfield

--

all and all, I'm impressed by wenger's ability to adapt. They are beatable. A new LB would go a LOOONG way.

For me, the keys for milan defensively will be MVB + LB. Neither of which i have faith in.

In attack, i think aquilani and robinho need to have big games. Robinho's ability to drift will get them out of position, and aquilani coming up unmarked should be able to pick out his passes.

Well and zlatan not acting like a bastard.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
need to register Pippo. the English hate himm

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Who would you guys say is a stronger team, this year's Arsenal or last year's Spurs?

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Pedro or his evil twin sister as thread opener???

Ikr, first thing that came to my mind :lol:

Still, can't believe how much PL-Fanboys look down at Italian football. If it's not SPEED SPEED SPEED then you're basically shit, fucking simple-minded morons :fp:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Walcott on counter is fear #1.

My second fear is RVP's ability to join in build up and then late runs from midfield. Our LB cannot stay with walcott and MVB would struggle marking ramsey or arteta from midfield

--

all and all, I'm impressed by wenger's ability to adapt. They are beatable. A new LB would go a LOOONG way.

For me, the keys for milan defensively will be MVB + LB. Neither of which i have faith in.

In attack, i think aquilani and robinho need to have big games. Robinho's ability to drift will get them out of position, and aquilani coming up unmarked should be able to pick out his passes.

Well and zlatan not acting like a bastard.

I agree about Walcott.
We had all sort of problems in our left defensive side this season already. Problems with cover from the midfield, problems with formation, problems with the (lack of) ability of the LB's... There's 2 months and a transfer window to fix it though.

We're also more vulnerable to counter attacks this season than last one (when ironically, we got knocked out from CL in a counter).

I can see us getting control of the ball from the midfield and our forwards performing. I can also see them hurting us from counters/pace.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Who would you guys say is a stronger team, this year's Arsenal or last year's Spurs?

irrelevant really. Last years november/dec milan was strongest.

But we were in our worst form at ucl time.

This arsenal side is improving and can peak. Mostly what scares me is their strengths (attacking down right side) go at our weakness (LB). And their CF can do same things zlatan can in build up, which'll expose mvb

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
We're also more vulnerable to counter attacks this season than last one (when ironically, we got knocked out from CL in a counter).

Gattuso my friend is sorely missed. It's not surprising how much worse MVB and even Thiago look this year (or with national team in thiagos case) than last year with milan. Gattuso makes everyones job easier.

And it's not surprising, the goal they got was a counter down opposite side of gattuso. Would never have come from their left.

I can see us getting control of the ball from the midfield and our forwards performing. I can also see them hurting us from counters/pace.

i dont recall us controlling ball once v. a decent side.

Jube, Napoli, Barca..

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players

This arsenal side is improving and can peak. Mostly what scares me is their strengths (attacking down right side) go at our weakness (LB). And their CF can do same things zlatan can in build up, which'll expose mvb

If we don't buy a decent anchor in the winter (which I highly doubt), then I'd play Seedorf in MVB's position, call me crazy but I'd rather have Noce on the left side because I'm 100% sure Seedorf will start anyways. Taiwo would've been our perfect solution for LB against Arsenal because of his speed and athleticism but we will probably play Zambrotta :fp:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

It can't be an excuse, but one can't overlook the injury crisis we had. Just gotta remember we finished the second game with a midfield of
Strasser - Seedorf - Merkel