How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Aquilani
Montolivo-V.Bommel-Boateng

???????? Good, but not CL worthy.

Monty/Aquilani would be great IMO, but along with someone else. (Kaka would be fine i guess)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
he's a slightly better fit. but imo the duo would be awesome mezz'alas.

Yes, but I'm slightly more confident about Monto. Considering Taye Taiwo will most likely be attacking half the time, I would like a guy with a better work-rate than Aquilani to cover that side along with MvB.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
So Cassano looked good tonight, given he's on far lower wages do people think we need to spend big bucks on Kaka? If Kaka comes and Binho and Cass are benched I cant imagine they will be happy, even if they do rotate in now and again... With our current front line everyone knows the score and gets decent game time, surely Kaka is just one more problem for Al?

Just get 2 midfielders, propper midfielders please... Unless we are selling one from Binho or Cass?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yes, but I'm slightly more confident about Monto. Considering Taye Taiwo will most likely be attacking half the time, I would like a guy with a better work-rate than Aquilani to cover that side along with MvB.

i think aquilani's work rate is underrated. I mean he did function in a 2 man for majority of season and win most tackles for jube.

And then you got boateng, gattuso etc. so it's not like they both need to start all fixtures

i don't mind idea of montolivo, aquilani, boateng, mvb midfield. It's seems allegri doesn't want a trequartista but 4 mid's interchanging. Or atleast 3 of them interchanging, with anchor holding it together. Similar to what italy did today with pirlo, montolivo, de rossi, motta i suppose. I don't doubt the 4 could function as milan midfield, just a matter of lining it up and getting right understanding,

@Marco

Cassano was happy cause it was his home town and he got to wear the armband. Who wouldn't be happy?

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Marco

Cassano was happy cause it was his home town and he got to wear the armband. Who wouldn't be happy?

my point is that people are screaming for a CAM when I'd rather we keep what we have upfront and just buy Monty and Aquilani... If we keep Cass and if Binho is to get game time, which I think he deserves, why do we need Kaka?

I just think if we dont have money lets address midfield, not CAM where we have players that can work in there.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Remember when Senatore and I were the only ones who said that he would be a good signing for us and most disagreed and called us morons? Good times.

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
we NEED to get monty and aquilani BOTHHH!!!

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Remember when Senatore and I were the only ones who said that he would be a good signing for us and most disagreed and called us morons? Good times.

mate a few folk thought it, I got ridiculed for saying we'd get Taiwo and not Coentrao or Criscito... I've said time and again Pirlo and Gatt were NOT World beaters when they came here, we made them World beaters!!!

Monty needs a step up in quality and Aquilani needs to stay clear of injury, if both can achieve both those things there is no reason why they cant develop into at least very good players.

WC players are few and far between and mostly out our financial reach, but we can build a WC team if not a squad of WC players... By team I mean a well oiled, well drilled group of players that compliment each other and when playing well and with luck can beat anyone or challenge anyone ;)

We have a history of adding WC players when we can, but building teams that can win things when not signing WC players... We are building just now, we added WC last year :tongue:

Then next year I suspect some WC talent... Hopefully :cool:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
The biggest priority obviously is LCM. One of Monty/Aqua will do.
But I don't get why people want both of them, when you could also buy a AM with that money.
Sure Boa/Robinho/Cass can play Am but they wil never excell in that position.
There are reports Kaka could be bought for 11m.
I really don't want Kaka back, but it would make more sense to buy Aqua/ Monty and Kaka than Aqua AND Monty.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
uncle rico, thriving in a more box2box role

pique is worlds best?

Its because After Scirea, Gentile, Baresi, Maldini, Bergomi, Tassotti, Fachetti, Billy, Cannavaro,Nesta we have people like bonucci, chiellini, criscito as italy's sure shot starters :fp:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Monty > pirlo

sign him please

U must be joking.. As good as monty was in this game Pirlo is one of the greatest deep-lying playmaker in the history of football.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
can the mods somehow find who has been knocking Monty and Aquilani all Summer yet from here forth say we should sign them after the Spain game :tongue:

Still dont want aquilani ..:D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
U must be joking.. As good as monty was in this game Pirlo is one of the greatest deep-lying playmaker in the history of football.

i am first in the class because i am the only in there.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i am first in the class because i am the only in there.

not really if u watched a bit more football.. but anyways its ur opinion u can call strasser the greatest ever if u want i guess.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
i dont want them both !!!
Am not impressed by both of them and i dont think that thay are a perfect solution and long term solved midfield issue that we goth after Pirlo left.
I dont want Kaka back also !!!
I rather wait for Ganso.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
not really if u watched a bit more football.. but anyways its ur opinion u can call strasser the greatest ever if u want i guess.

ok batman

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

why-so-serious-1.jpg

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Aquilani will break. Montolivo won't.

Bring in Monty + Kaká or Cesc (preferably Cesc ofc) and we're all set for every competition. Simple as that. I'll slap Galliani if we end up with nothing (he can't seriously expect everyone, both players and fans, to be satisfied with the current midfield in Milan, he simply can't) but I have faith for now.

I just don't want to re-live having to sit every game, grinding my teeth and becoming all nervous just because our midfielders almost always fucked up one way or another.
When Seedorf is our best MF at the age of 35 something's not right..

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
And I am the best right wing GK in the history of football.
Am sure since there isnt no one in the world who play in that spot.
If you didnt get the point then dont bother to reply.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

till crouch came through i was the best bean pole DM striker

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
]And I am the best right wing GK in the history of football].

Nah... that's abbiati :lol:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
on fifa I play this for Italy

Balo
Cassano-Rossi
Monti-Pirlo
Rossi
Back 4
Buffon

works

I think monto would make a good unrestricted CM with boateng, played good game today, would be great buy

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think monto would make a good unrestricted CM with boateng, played good game today, would be great buy

Yessssssssssssss

article-0-04266A2F0000044D-63_468x286.jpg

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Just give it up.

He outplayed Spain's midfielders around him.

And they are the best of the worlds midfield.

Some of your criticisms of Pirlo are valid but drop the blind hatred.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pirlo , Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Montolivo and Aquilani have tried and failed to be one, D'Agastino, Scholes,Fabregas, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Gunter Netzer, Wolfgang Overath, Socrates many a times played as one, Riquelme, Redondo, Jean tigana.. etc etc etc.. moreover the Sweeper/libero of old used to do the same job almost but with more defensive responsibility

btw u might find more info abt what a deep-lying playmaker is here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmaker

Last edited:

Schedule