Stam and Pippo to go under the knife?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
This is bad news again. Pippo surgery again and Stam has been one of our most impressive players this season even if he has played a few matches.

I think Milan have to buy someone in January just for precautionary reasons.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/news.html ---->SOURCE

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
IMO Milan bought Stamm three years too late and before the season started I said that this is the year when our old players will all start to break down. Whoever we buy for both up front and in defense had better be less than 25 cos I'm kinds fed up with seeing players on the wrong side of their careers come to Milan and break down.

Does anybody seriously believe that our defense will last the entire season without anorther couple of big names breakding down?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
It's so unfortunate that they both had to go to surgery.
Stam only hinted what he can for Milan in that home game against Barca. We must really buy some new defender/striker

Matteo Ferrari and Carlos Tevez. But I don't wanna turn this thread into another "which player should Milan buy during the transfer windo in January".

I don't think we can survive this season without a new defender. I mean we got Stam after releasing Laursen, so right now we're 1 defender short. Not to mention Billy is too old. So the only guaranteed names in central defense is Maldini, Billy and Nesta (Billy and Maldini combined age : 78). Maybe it's time we play Coloccini more often, warm that kid up and rest the older ones.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Sad for both, both our starting players and Stam is so important to our team, as is Pippo when on form :D

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
I agree.Stam is very important for our defense,look at the first match against Barca...

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Rivaldo-11 said:
Sad for both, both our starting players and Stam is so important to our team, as is Pippo when on form :D

yeah when he is in form which is very rare lol if he gets a few offsides not 10 a match then that will lead to good signs

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those 2 weeks went by too quickly. How about an extension ? :o

---

Anyway, Pippo will be out until late December according to the predictions of the medical staff of AC Milan, which I don't trust anymore, and Stam will be out until February.

Great.

Truly great.

I hope Milan will finally realize that signing players who are on the wrong side of 30 + ditched by their previous team holds too many incalculable risks. I also hope Galliani will go on a honeymoon with the wife his money bought + never come back. He is clueless :o

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
On this Croatian site I read that Stam will be back after new year, and Pippo will be back somewhere in february, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Those 2 weeks went by too quickly. How about an extension ? :o

---

Anyway, Pippo will be out until late December according to the predictions of the medical staff of AC Milan, which I don't trust anymore, and Stam will be out until February.

Great.

Truly great.

I hope Milan will finally realize that signing players who are on the wrong side of 30 + ditched by their previous team holds too many incalculable risks. I also hope Galliani will go on a honeymoon with the wife his money bought + never come back. He is clueless :o
Galliani's success with Milan over the last 19 years is extraordinary. You are the one who is clueless.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
acm7 said:
Galliani's success with Milan over the last 19 years is extraordinary. You are the one who is clueless.
Perhaps you may want to change to the Galliani avatar. Just a suggestion.

I had a feeling this sort of day would come. The rust is building up on the previously fine-tuning vehicle known as AC Milan. :head: :rolleyes:

Just a note...It sounds like if these two both return in February.....that will still be ebfore or right about the time we will face our first CL knockout phase opposition.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
On this Croatian site I read that Stam will be back after new year, and Pippo will be back somewhere in february, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Yea, yahoo.it apparently had the dates wrong first ;) According to newer reports, Pippo will be out for 3 months, Stam for 2.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Omg, I was hoping that it wasn't gonna be more then 2 months : (
WE NEED A NEW STRIKER!

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
WE NEED A NEW STRIKER!

I agree 100%,in january.
But they said we will wait for pippo.... :head:

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
bad news .....we need them....that 2 players

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I don't mind not getting a new striker in January as Pippo should be back, but I think rewarding him with a contract until 2009 is a huge mistake. He's already old and breaks down too much. Granted when he's on he lethal, but signing him for that long is a mistake. So long to signing Fernando Torres or any other young striker as now Sheva, Tomasson and Pippo are all here for the next 4 years. Sheva is fine, but Tomasson and Inzaghi could prove to be a liability in the future.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
players

Men we really need stam now that our defense have been giving some problems lately.I think we need a youthful striker and cassano is d guy for us.Obviously crespo has been useless to us and tomasson has been inconsistent and super pippo is just getting injured as he gets older.we need a cassano!!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is the crucial time of the season, how can you say we do not need a striker when Crespo and Tommason aren't scoring ?!

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
We must make us of the January transfer.

But the problem is we need a backup striker who's lethal enough and (not just some stand in striker) to replace pippo (and Crespo if we decided to let him go next season) but won't sulk whenever pippo is back (or JDT start scoring again) and have to warm the bench.

As for Stam, we must condition Coloccini for more big games.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
About Pippo : on belgian site today : Pippo underwent a succesfull surgery in Antwerp today , done by doctor Martens. He will be out for 3 months.

About Stam : a very usefull player which we really need but overplaying at his age (long season + european championship) caused that he only played 1 game in the league this season, a real shame.

About the theme : we need a striker : I read in the Gazetto dello sport that Galliani and Braida had a serious talk with the lads of Parma about a january transfer for Gillardino.

We gotta reinforce our team, we didn't do so during the summer, so Berlusconi has to get his wallet out of his pocket or we won't play any role of significance this season.

Forza Milan