Diego López Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So awful that people keep forgetting that without him we would probably will be playing serie B right now.

So? That was last season, and we thanked him for that

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Now I get it why was so awful with the ball at his feet. Injury affected him.

xDxMxSx

Banned
Reaction score
Had the same injury, painful stuff.

Last edited:

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like his actions towards Diego Costa came to bite him in the ass.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like his actions towards Diego Costa came to bite him in the ass.

:fp::lol::lol::lol:

Nothing against you or your lover Noceguy, however when Costa kicked Skrtel ribs, I wished Skrtel would beat the shit out of Costa UFC style. You Know it is bound to happen someday.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
:fp::lol::lol::lol:

Nothing against you or your lover Noceguy, however when Costa kicked Skrtel ribs, I wished Skrtel would beat the shit out of Costa UFC style. You Know it is bound to happen someday.

Costa has to be the most disgusting player. I cant stand Suarez but I can admit that not every play Luis is being underhanded. Costa doesnt seem to have an honest or honourable bone in his body.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Diego Lopez' agent: "Diego won't move from Milan in January and I don't understand why there is much talk about an imminent departure."

Diego Lopez: "How did I receive Mihajlovic's decision to start Donnarumma? With a lot of calmness. I have a lot of confidence in myself."

Well said :thumbsup:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Former AC Milan goalkeeper Giovanni Galli has urged his old club not to sell Gianluigi Donnarumma.

The young goalkeeper is being linked with a €38 million move to Chelsea.

Galli told TMW: "They always say that in Italy you do not play young players and once they play then we see these problems. Rather give them Diego Lopez.

"It's nice, but it should also give pause. Young players in Italy can grow here, but then we must not give in, otherwise we are worth nothing.

"Even (Graziano) Pell? was lost without thinking twice now and he could've been used by a lot of teams. Let's keep our players that we have."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
After two seasons at Milan, Diego Lopez is set to join Chelsea. In a very recent development, the Blues are close to agreeing to a three year deal with the former Real Madrid keeper- once Begovic is sold they will acquire him. Diego Lopez is set to start the next chapter of his career in the Premier League.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
good gk, but we may got phenomenon

CrNjVkqW8AAZerp.jpg:large

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a loan until end of his contract? Or is he coming back?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Respect and all the best!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even this "big dick :gt:signing" turned out to be another flop we can't get rid of.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Even this "big dick :gt:signing" turned out to be another flop we can't get rid of.

He's moved hasn't he?

At the time, it was a great signing on a free. Blaming G for this particular situation is ridic.

His career tho.. From Real madrid 1st keeper to getting benched and forgotten by 16 year old in two seasons.. ouch.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's moved hasn't he?

Not from the payroll.

He has become another Matri or Nocerino. They "moved" too, on season-long loan stints, while still receiving parts of their salary from us.

At the time, it was a great signing on a free. Blaming G for this particular situation is ridic.

I wasn't against this move, although I expressed concerns about his salary and contract length. 2.5m is not a lot, but it was 2.5m+bonuses that reached up to 4m or maybe even more. Looking at the club's financial reports, it doesn't seem like you need to do anything to activate most of the bonus clauses(our bonus payments were bigger than Juve's in the last one I checked which I think was for 2014). The fact we can't find a club willing to pay his full salary also points to this.

Anyway, the thing is that this was supposed to be his Magnum opus of the end of his career - his greatest work in the Condor era. The time when he signed a world class keeper, who was under a contract, for no transfer fee, while riding a bicycle!

And yet even that turned out horribly.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Not from the payroll.

He has become another Matri or Nocerino. They "moved" too, on season-long loan stints, while still receiving parts of their salary from us.

I wasn't against this move, although I expressed concerns about his salary and contract length. 2.5m is not a lot, but it was 2.5m+bonuses that reached up to 4m or maybe even more. Looking at the club's financial reports, it doesn't seem like you need to do anything to activate most of the bonus clauses(our bonus payments were bigger than Juve's in the last one I checked which I think was for 2014). The fact we can't find a club willing to pay his full salary also points to this.

Anyway, the thing is that this was supposed to be his Magnum opus of the end of his career - his greatest work in the Condor era. The time when he signed a world class keeper, who was under a contract, for no transfer fee, while riding a bicycle!

And yet even that turned out horribly.
Not turning out as planned =/= turning out horribly. Lopez wanted to leave, he was loved by the fans.

StarFrog

Banned
Reaction score
Lopez is a good player. Some bad luck though. That he find the bench in Real and Milan has not really to do about his cspability as goalkeeper.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Good player shame that injury And rise of donnrumma just end his carrer at milan
Grazie lopez

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not turning out as planned =/= turning out horribly. Lopez wanted to leave, he was loved by the fans.

He has become another flop that gets paid to play for some other club. Umm, yeah, it turned out horribly. Not as bad as Matri's, but still horribly.

The club, and the fans who had sense, also wanted him to leave since he earns way too much to sit on our bench

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
He has become another flop that gets paid to play for some other club. Umm, yeah, it turned out horribly. Not as bad as Matri's, but still horribly.

The club, and the fans who had sense, also wanted him to leave since he earns way too much to sit on our bench

Then you and I have a different definition of 'horrible'. He had a phenomenal first season. It's luck and unfortunate timing that someone like Donna came through. Lopez was dipping in form you could tell and were not going to bench Donna, very few keepers out there imo would justify benching Donna.

The thing was just he was on too high of a wage and he didn't want to sit on the bench. Having him as a bench player though would be amazing. It's not his fault luck and ambition struck a wedge between him and the club.

Had you said this about Menez, much as i love him, i would be inclined to agree

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Lopez is a Class act. We got him free. He played well till his injury. He's willing to leave the bench and go play in a lower level club. Nice comments upon departure too.

Good story all around.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
love his message to milan fans
he seems love being at milan
class player

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Apparently still doing well in Spain past couple years. Doubt if he'd want to come back though. We disrespected him starting a kid over him. He's a damn good goalkeeper.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think espanyol already bought him permanently few weeks ago

yaohan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lopez was good while he was here and he is a professional.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
Diego is the man. i remembered he saved a penalty on debut vs Lazio and thinking "finally a good GK for us". does not deserved to be benched by fake kid

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
took a massive hit today. i don't think I've ever seen somebody fall like that after a hit before

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Jesus Christ.

Looked like he got hit by Prime Tyson.

Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

Schedule