Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
but italian league for last 5 years :eek: :lol: very competitive :thumbsup:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
iirc didn't he force a move? He had a clause to get out if he wasn't playing and he used it at like 18 or 19 years old.

can't really say because I don't know the details, but its safe to assume they let him go like they did with other players.

FaRa13

Kuq e Zi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Ballack, Pirlo, Gerrard, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi
so maybe dev1l or madridista can shine light, cause i'm basing this on a small viewing size where i wasn't watching with total focus...

but is mourinho planning to use coentrao as a Side mid/Winger? Today he was used as a CDM but it didn't seem like any problem. Is Mourinho planning to use him as a type of player to turn a 4-3-1-2 into a 4-2-3-1? From what I saw he was playing something similar to that. Something similar to what elano offered brazil under dunga and something they'll need to beat Barca.

It's unlikey you can beat barca with a 4-2-3-1 if ronaldo is one of your wingers. He just won't work defensively the way etoo/apndev did for inter. You also have less defensive CMs than zanetti/xabi alons. you'll always be giving up an advantage to barca's CM. That is unless you create a pure 3 man with some shadow work for ozil/ronaldo.

I kind of figured Sahin would be that guy but Mourinho does value Coentrao highly, and what i saw, i really underrated his passing before he came. He can play in CM and can give the width on attack.

Maybe we all underrated his total footballing ability as it seemed stupid to sign a LB for that fee when you got marcelo...

He just did that today because khedira wasnt available. I dont think Mourinho will switch anything from the expected. 4-2-3-1. Possibly khedira or sahin and benzema or higuain. I really doubt he will change his 3 attacking mids, they play well together.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
OMG King Kobi all love barca

entire USa loves barca :star: even the president :beer:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lol @0:40- lebron and messi

he's like 3 times the size of leo

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We dont need to hear "LaLiga is shit" 24/7 every year.
Barca & Real will do the same in each league so i rather hear Barca & Real ruined their league with their supremacy.
We used to have money & am sure none of us was complaining when we used to invade the market with our $.
Its their time now so we better try to keep or shut the fuck up.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
if epl is on E channel....la liga is disney channel

:lol:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
any team that plays bartha/real will get destroyed 90% of the time, and thats no fun.

I admit, not as much with RM but with Barca? The fun is how they go abt destroyin teams.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Here we go with another year of hearing all the idiots talking shit about laliga.
Barca this & Real that :o
They are that good no matter what league you play them.
Idiots : if only they play in all mighty SerieA.
Great team like ................ napoli ? :lol:

Coentrao was all over the place & his thorough passes were unexpected :eek:
Kaka :proud:

We dont need to hear "LaLiga is shit" 24/7 every year.
Barca & Real will do the same in each league so i rather hear Barca & Real ruined their league with their supremacy.
We used to have money & am sure none of us was complaining when we used to invade the market with our $.
Its their time now so we better try to keep or shut the fuck up.

Dude no one said anything about La Liga being shit since you posted ur last post about it :lol:

And serieA will replace "cheaters" program ;)

Good one :thumb: ..Berlu and Zamparini to host :lol:

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
Barcelona vs villareal coming up next, just seen their line up, and I really do feel sorry for our boys when we play them, I would settle for a draw in both games with barca

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Barcelona (3-1-3-3):Valdes; Sergio, Mascherano, Abidal; Keita; Iniesta, Fabregas, Thiago; Alexis, Pedro, Messi

Villarreal (4-4-2): DiegoLopez - Zapata, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Oriol; Marchena, Bruno, BorjaValero, Cani; Nilmar, Rossi

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Barcelona (3-1-3-3):Valdes; Sergio, Mascherano, Abidal; Keita; Iniesta, Fabregas, Thiago; Alexis, Pedro, Messi

Villarreal (4-4-2): DiegoLopez - Zapata, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Oriol; Marchena, Bruno, BorjaValero, Cani; Nilmar, Rossi

Guardiola = Bielsa wannabe :D

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
): Valdes; Abidal, Mascherano, Busquets; Keita, Fabregas, Iniesta, Thiago; Pedro, Alexis, Messi

Great lord .. Barca is playing with 1 defender ..

And they will win almost every game this season in the league except the classico with this lineup.

Mash and Busq as CBs and Kieta, Cesc, Iniesta, Thiago in the mid.

Xavi, Puyol, Pique in the bench :):):)

We r so goin to be schooled by this midfield. :) Uncle Seedorf and co will have a rough time:(:(:(

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Wow Thiago <3 amazing

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Lovely advantage rule enforcing there.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
We r so goin to be schooled by this midfield. :) Uncle Seedorf and co will have a rough time:(:(:(

thats why you don't try to match them in a passing game.

BTW, nothing i hate more than efeatest attitud.e It's why a veteran team like milan or inter2010 r more suited to face barca.

seedorf, gattuso, mvb, nesta... these players dont give a flying fuck who barca is and dont play scared. 50% of battle won there..

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I dislike Barca so much it's crazy.

And it can't just be me who thinks that players just go there and look worse immediately... Fabregas, cut your hair.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Was nice of Villareal to let him walk to the edge of their box and shoot unchallenged.
I think only you and Sven can understand me, but don't you feel like good defending skills are a dying breed these days? It angers me how much space teams leave at times (in general not just in here, but everywhere, with very few exceptions), how much freedom near their area and how much of a pussies defenders have become when it comes to marking/tackling (they go back and back instead of trying to confront their opponent). I guess the introduction of possession as a way of defending is part of this (hence why you can use DMs CMs as CBs and be succesful), but geez, if you're the one that isn't in control of possession (as well 99% of teams are when they face Barcelona) you have to do go back to basics and actually defend (or is that people are now to afraid of the Xavi's in the world that will make you feel bad for using defensive tactics?)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I dislike Barca so much it's crazy.

i actually admire pep. The level of insanity he's taking his tactics to is awesome. Guy's one of more innovative coaches we've seen in a long time.

But I am not scared of them and that attitude annoys me.

They are best team in world, but not unbeatable. "they will rape us 5-0" attitude is pathetic

Serno91

Cassanata
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From AC Milan
Rossi :eek: :eek: Amazing control, without Valdez's hand, it would been a goal.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think only you and Sven can understand me, but don't you feel like good defending skills are a dying breed these days? It angers me how much space teams leave at times (in general not just in here, but everywhere, with very few exceptions), how much freedom near their area and how much of a pussies defenders have become when it comes to marking/tackling (they go back and back instead of trying to confront their opponent). I guess the introduction of possession as a way of defending is part of this (hence why you can use DMs CMs as CBs and be succesful), but geez, if you're the one that isn't in control of possession (as well 99% of teams are when they face Barcelona) you have to do go back to basics and actually defend (or is that people are now to afraid of the Xavi's in the world that will make you feel bad for using defensive tactics?)

i'd say it's a more a combo of constant roster changes and zonal marking.

There are few defenses which stay together for years- so that speaks for itself.

But with more zonal schemes, players don't think to just go for tackle and hold there position. They often get caught in no man's land... giving up space behind and not making a tackle.

Everyone needs to watch a nesta highlight real on how to be positionally strong and DECISIVE in tackle.

of course if everyone thought and acted as quickly as him with such technique, well... then there would be a lot of good defenders.

edit: sometimes you gotta not think and just react and murder someone. Pepe gets it..

Last edited:

Schedule