French Ligue 1 Thread

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
for sure.

i still can't understand this happened. especially from his perspective.

was it because of the money? i think real/barca/man city would have paid the same wages.

was it because he wanted Milan to get as much money as possible? again, i think bigger teams than PSG would have paid the price.

this is all so strange.

TS himself was OK with staying here. He had a lengthy contract and the only way he could leave was if Milan wanted him to.

So that's why he has gone to PSG instead of City or Barca. If he wanted to go to those clubs, Milan wouldn't let it unless they offered the 42 M.

But the most important part is, we wanted to offload Ibra. Ibra had no costumers, so we agreed PSG's offer for TS just because they promised us they'll do whatever they can to sign Ibra, which they are doing.

TS was kinda betrayed, because he has to play in a club that he doesn't care for that much. But he is making a lot of money, so financially TS is living a dream now.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
PSG has won just 2 league titles? :eek: The last one in 94? :eek: And they bring Carlo of all people to win league titles? :D:

:lol::lol:

Exactly .. Leo miss milan family atmosphere :proud:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Betrayed is when you end up on a cross for kissing a dude you knew for 3 years :lol:

9 million per year betrayal. Jesus I hope my company betrays me like that :eek:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Will Ance win the league title now , thats the question :lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Will Ance win the league title now , thats the question :lol:

you got this buddy ..

I miss EDI so much .. I think he was a very nice Czech :thumbsup: h once invited me to prague when i was an asshole :eek:

Good man.

I miss wild vs Edi, but wild gets personal :o

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Javier pastore as LCM?? Sacre blue! Zio stronzo should keep an eye on him, bound to fail there hard with his shitty work ethics.

Ancelotti should seriously quit football if he fails to win the league this time.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Javier pastore as LCM?? Sacre blue! Zio stronzo should keep an eye on him, bound to fail there hard with his shitty work ethics.

nah it'll be the 4-2-fantasia
mickey_mouse_in_fantasia.gif

Leo!

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Maxwell and Ibra reunited!!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Well, that is what a good management team does, i like how only TS and Ibra are the two players on massive wages. The rest are nicely tucked in under the 5m per season mark.
You sure? Just cause they don't pass the 5m doesn't mean most of them aren't exaggerated to say the least...only Jallet's and maybe Lavezzi's and Motta's are somehow reasonable. Then again it's not surprising they have no other way to bring on players than to go ******** on salaries.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
motta/maxwell/sissoko/menez are overpaid.

but not too crazy, not like flamini getting 4.5.

and ibra+ts are not?

the only player on good wages is lavezzi. it's strange that he couldn't get more, he'll probably ask for a raise next year.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
shit league

shit management by PSG

getting a well-coiffed brazilian everyone knows in europe is an expensive translator with 0 football knowledge to write million dollar qatar-gas checks......WOW SO IMPRESSIVE

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
silva and ibra are extremely underpaid.

besides, isn't silva's wage 7.5 + bonuses? and they still havent revealed ibra's wages.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Alex salary 4,2 mln after tax? Sissoko 3,8 mln?

Totally like Mexes and Flamini.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ibra...extremely underpaid?

ok

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
shit league

shit management by PSG

getting a well-coiffed brazilian everyone knows in europe is an expensive translator with 0 football knowledge to write million dollar qatar-gas checks......WOW SO IMPRESSIVE

you know, fuck qatar, but I'm tired of people singling out man city and PSG when they spend.

they have every right to spend and do whatever they want, are they twisting berlu's arm to accept? nope, berlu is rich as fuck.

leonardo is doing a fine job, 65 million for silva + zlatan? great deal. Look at his other signings, menez/alex/sirigu etc, very good players bought for very good prices.

although he massively overpaid for pastore, I guess 30 for lavezzi is fine in this market.

other clubs are spending 75 million pounds on carroll/downing/henderson, I don't see anyone saying anything.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex salary 4,2 mln after tax? Sissoko 3,8 mln?

Totally like Mexes and Flamini.

IMO alex is a very good CB, very nice partner for silva.

lugano flopped hard, always knew he was overrated.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
arbas loving arabs :o big deal

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
do they have every right to spend whatever they want??

whats teh deal with the fair play?? lipservice? or are there just ways around it via sponsor/investment groups?

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
ancelotti playing in a 4-3-3? in what planet is this?

he will pull a xmas tree on this team.. he will put matuidi instead of menes.. if not now.. soon.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
do they have every right to spend whatever they want??

whats teh deal with the fair play?? lipservice? or are there just ways around it via sponsor/investment groups?

yes they do, just like berlusconi did in the 80s/90s and early 2000s.

just like abramovic has been doing since he took over chelsea, 50million pounds for torres just a year ago.

just like RM have been doing since they club started.

look at jube, they make less revenue and more losses compared to Milan, yet they're spending far more than anyone in italy, why? sugar daddy angelli.

as far as I know, you can get around it if you own companies that can give your club big sponsorship deals, which is a smart and simple way to get around it.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i dont really think its that simple....

also seems to be isolated with man city--psg doing these fishy ownership-sponsorship deals. thats why people give them shit. how much money have man city spent? seriously..how much?

was a FFP regulation thing around in the 80s/90s? also...its quite...stupid to compare berlusconi's milan spending during the 80s/90s economy with middleast football spending in 2012 economy. surely you can recognize this.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you are a racist?

but it was cool in 1700s .. omg flawless logic :proud:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
man city are in the PL, so their means of income will be much easier now with out the sheikhs help.

btw, apparently he told mancini that he can buy players from the money he gets from selling ones he doesn't want, which would also make sense on why city haven't made a single signing so far.

sooner or later, city will depend on themselves.

anyways, there's nothing fishy about city, they got etihad sponsors on their shirts and the airline also bought the naming rights of the stadium.

again, I dont see you giving liverpool with their american owners shit for spending 75 million pounds on carroll/henderson/downing.

or giving RM/chelsea/barca any shit either.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i dont really know anything about man city other than theyve spent like 300 millino pound on transfers and wiped 300 million pounds off debt...this when financial regulations should presumably be taking effect soon.. IDK bro

liverpool?? who the fuck is liverpool...spending 75 million on shitty british players?? that doesnt compare at all man. chelsea...whatever...same thing as man city...idk about them other than they spend a shit ton

as far as RM/barca...they can lick my taint

sorry for haiting on all ur favorite teams bro

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
PSG is spending cause of the FFP...
Currently they have the revenue of a mid-table french club, nowhere near of the top clubs. That's their biggest concern now, not debt like Milan. They need to improve this revenue as fast as they can before the FFP breaks and limit their investments.

They're doing it by buying stars and building a team to make presence in CL.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really have problems with clubs spending crazy, it's their choice, I will also laugh my ass off when clubs like liverpool make those type of signings.

personally, I'm just tired of hearing people singling out man city and psg, man city made everyone stfu anyways, already got a league title + cup in a short time amongst very strong competition.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
PSG is spending cause of the FFP...
Currently they have the revenue of a mid-table french club, nowhere near of the top clubs. That's their biggest concern now, not debt like Milan. They need to improve this revenue as fast as they can before the FFP breaks and limit their investments.

They're doing it by buying stars and building a team to make presence in CL.

exactly.. in another words.. estao fazendo caixa.. when they get real again.. they will sell thiago and buy 3 good players for they squad.. without break any rules.