The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?
Real Madrid - Winners 53 64.63%
Barcelona - Winners 39 47.56%
Valencia - Top 4 31 37.80%
Real Betis - Top 4 13 15.85%
Sevilla - Top 4 19 23.17%
Real Sociedad - Top 4 12 14.63%
Atletico Madrid - Top 4 55 67.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-05-2015, 20:13   #18061
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoldfarts View Post
I don't want him making runs constantly...he just never makes them
I'm not talking about reading his own team's game...he can't read the opponent's game that's what I'm talking about
He can't dribble..we've been over this ...I mean sure he can pull off the occasional one sometimes but he's not a master of it or anything
I'd say he's a worse dribbler than Pato in his best day and we know how Pato lost what little dribbling skills he had(not to mention he was never a consistently good dribbler)

Don't mention the 2005 final...the only thing I remember from him that match was that he missed the penalty

Yeah he's terrible under pressure but everyone knows this
Part of why he's terrible is cuz
1.He's slow(like literally slow...plus he likes to take his time on the ball)
2.He's short and can easily be beaten physically
He can dribble bro. He's not a samba type dribbler or a Maradona type but he can dribble and juke very well. Yeah he missed that penalty but so did Sheva who really didn't do much that match. He should have finished that one chance where the gk rebounded the ball to him after initially saving his header. At least Pirlo assisted Maldini, gave the pass to Kaka who then passed to Crespo for the goal, and was involved in the buildup. Pirlo fucked up in marking Gerrard for the first goal but had a good game. Sheva on the other hand just straight up pulled a "Henry" in that big game.

Pirlo ponders too much when he has the ball and it's the reason why he didn't succeed as a trequartista in his earlier days. He can push people off or trick them when he has the ball while facing forward but he has issues when the player is chasing him from behind. That's when you expose him. Pressure him Gattuso style from behind and he fucks up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Allan,

you've basically acknowledged all of my issues about P!rl0. I think the "completeness" argument ends here. It's fine to be a fan, even a diehard, blind fan of a player. Lord knows that this describes me perfectly about R9.

However, it's not ok to ignore facts. Hope you don't ignore these arguments.
In any case, completeness is very overrated in player assessments. It's just a talking point, used mainly by English pundits to pat themselves on their backs with respect to less brilliant players. Brilliance, is all that matters and, in most cases, it doesn't matter how when it comes.
I think we lost the plot while discussing Pirlo here bro. When I said those players were more complete I meant their overall skills were above Xavi's skills. Not that they have everything (running, technique, defense, etc...) that a complete midfielder does. Don't get me wrong Xavi is brilliant in a possession based system but he has trouble carrying that high level of play into other systems and tactics. The other players I mentioned I would take over him played in different teams (including same club team but different players aka Barcelona pre-2008) and were able to contribute a lot to their teams. Even baldie Zidane did a lot for Madrid in the UCL despite being inconsistent at times.

Quote:
don't know what the facepalm is for.....to be brutal, Pirlo has barely stood out (positively) in any of our most high profile games. He was utter shite in Istanbul and was no help to Gattuso who was getting owned by the diving shit that is Steven Gerrard.

He was an absolute bystander for L30's 4-0 defeat to Inter.
The one game he had to step up and shine with his supposedly magical free kicks vs Arsenal in 2008 he skied every one of them towards the San Siro roof....not to mention being a bystander in that game as well.

fuck Pirlo
I won't judge Pirlo in Leonardo's team since we know it was a mess. Our midfield was static as fuck in our last years and desperately needed dynamic midfielders, which we got in Pirlo's last year at Milan and he started playing a lot better. I still am disappointed with the shit Pirlo said about Milan but I recognize he's a talented footballer.

Man I hate remembering that match in 2005. The midfield didn't man mark correctly and we got punished for it in those few minutes. The first goal I remember Stam and Nesta had their man covered but Pirlo didn't cover Gerrard as he was coming in to the box The second goal Seedorf didn't cover Smicer and gave him too much time to shoot. The last goal I won't even comment since that wasn't a penalty. That cunt Gerrard dived.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 20:52   #18062
milanoldfarts
Banned

Nevermind samba dribbling...he can't dribble consistently therefore he ain't good at dribbling
I won't call anyone who's not good consistently at dribbling a good dribbler

Honestly I didn't mind Leonardo that much as coach
We played some sexy football...not really his fault that Pirlo is a static bitch and that Dorf was an old fart
We had some ridiculous losses with him,he wasn't a good tactician but the reasons I mostly hate him is that he joined Merda and was claiming that he was happier with them than he was with us for 14 years...that pissed me off

Fuck him for ruining Huntelaar by playing him in RW and fuck him for starting oldies like Pirlo,Ambro and Dorf over Flamini though
Fuck him for playing Borriello so much too...god was Borri so bad...kept missing 4-5 100% chances every match and then he scored some lucky bs goal and people thought he was playing well...fuck that shit

Last edited by milanoldfarts; 25-05-2015 at 20:55.
milanoldfarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 21:11   #18063
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
He can dribble bro. He's not a samba type dribbler or a Maradona type but he can dribble and juke very well. Yeah he missed that penalty but so did Sheva who really didn't do much that match. He should have finished that one chance where the gk rebounded the ball to him after initially saving his header. At least Pirlo assisted Maldini, gave the pass to Kaka who then passed to Crespo for the goal, and was involved in the buildup. Pirlo fucked up in marking Gerrard for the first goal but had a good game. Sheva on the other hand just straight up pulled a "Henry" in that big game.

Who assisted the second goal ????

Sheva had a goal wrongfully ruled out for offside.

How about the rocket freekick ???

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 21:59   #18064
milanoldfarts
Banned

allan u tripping dude...Sheva assisted 2nd goal for Milan(Crespo's first goal)
IIRC Sheva also had some chances in extra time but blew them

Pirlo was just gifting ball left and right to Pool with his blunders...and he was getting overran a lot as he usually does against teams with fast players
Old 25-05-2015, 22:05   #18065
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Nevermind samba dribbling...he can't dribble consistently therefore he ain't good at dribbling
I won't call anyone who's not good consistently at dribbling a good dribbler

Honestly I didn't mind Leonardo that much as coach
We played some sexy football...not really his fault that Pirlo is a static bitch and that Dorf was an old fart
We had some ridiculous losses with him,he wasn't a good tactician but the reasons I mostly hate him is that he joined Merda and was claiming that he was happier with them than he was with us for 14 years...that pissed me off

Fuck him for ruining Huntelaar by playing him in RW and fuck him for starting oldies like Pirlo,Ambro and Dorf over Flamini though
Fuck him for playing Borriello so much too...god was Borri so bad...kept missing 4-5 100% chances every match and then he scored some lucky bs goal and people thought he was playing well...fuck that shit
I remember Borriello missed a lot of chances yet he scored those crazy bicycle goals

I really don't want to remember the Leonardo days. I used to get so mad watching that group of oldies play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

Who assisted the second goal ????

Sheva had a goal wrongfully ruled out for offside.

How about the rocket freekick ???
Sheva assisted the second as he was falling over

However, throughout the match Sheva moved around a lot but he had bad touches and in several occasions took too long to shoot on goal. Kaka and Crespo played better than him in that final. Crespo especially. Worked hard, held the ball up well and tortured Liverpool's defense that night.

That was a strong freekick btw but he unfortunately aimed at the gk instead of the sides. I just wish he would have scored that rebound, he would have been a hero despite the meh game he had.
Old 25-05-2015, 22:06   #18066
Xudong
AC Milan Legend

@Allan_Somewhere: I think Shevchenko was just really unlucky. He had three goals disallowed in three most important matches. The early goal ruled for a Rui Costa offside in the 2003 Final; then he scored our 4th goal in the 2005 Final that could really sealed the victory (that happened a few minutes into the second half and the scoreline would become 4-0) but was wrongly disallowed; Of course, you can always blame his ridiculous miss a few minutes before the OT was over, but that's just fate; then in the 2006 Semi, his perfectly fine header ruled off for a non-existent foul on that Pussyol.

Signature
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 22:09   #18067
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
@Allan_Somewhere: I think Shevchenko was just really unlucky. He had three goals disallowed in three most important matches. The early goal ruled for a Rui Costa offside in the 2003 Final; then he scored our 4th goal in the 2005 Final that could really sealed the victory (that happened a few minutes into the second half and the scoreline would become 4-0) but was wrongly disallowed; Of course, you can always blame his ridiculous miss a few minutes before the OT was over, but that's just fate; then in the 2006 Semi, his perfectly fine header ruled off for a non-existent foul on that Pussyol.
You bring up a good point Xudong. He did get unlucky but he also missed a lot of chances. Yes fuck Puyol. When Di Maria made him do a split I was so damn happy

What if those three goals were overruled by the same referee?
Old 25-05-2015, 22:18   #18068
milanoldfarts
Banned

Quote:
I remember Borriello missed a lot of chances yet he scored those crazy bicycle goals

I really don't want to remember the Leonardo days. I used to get so mad watching that group of oldies play.

However, throughout the match Sheva moved around a lot but he had bad touches and in several occasions took too long to shoot on goal. Kaka and Crespo played better than him in that final. Crespo especially. Worked hard, held the ball up well and tortured Liverpool's defense that night.

That was a strong freekick btw but he unfortunately aimed at the gk instead of the sides. I just wish he would have scored that rebound, he would have been a hero despite the meh game he had.
Meh it was still way better than Ancelotti's last 2 shitty seasons...at least we were playing sex football and we beat Madrid 3-2 on Bernabeu
Dinho was immense that season becuz we built team around him

Fuck u Allan...Sheva was not a Champions League Flop that's Ibra
That assist to Crespo is better than the Pirlo hockey assist you're trying to make a case for LMAO

Sheva was also regularly scoring goals against big Champions League teams and he scored against Jube in '03 final but was wrongfully disallowed
He also scored the decisive PK that same match...he was just cursed in '05 I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
This
And it wasn't Rui that was offside the reason...Linesman said that he blocked Buffon's view(but that wasn't the case since he got out of Buffon's sight before Sheva shot)
Sheva definitely peaked a bit too early when he failed at Chelsea at age 30 but in those years with Milan he was at the top of his game and regularly destroyed Big Teams in UCL
Sheva was not exactly the problem in '05 final..it was not his fault we conceded 3 goals
He missed the PK(which broke my heart ) but so did Serginho...we were really unlucky
Old 25-05-2015, 22:20   #18069
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:

shut up

It was a great pass from Kaka for the second goal. Simple but so deadly. We dinked our way to 2 goals

Agree Crespo definitely had the better game.... Sheva looked a bit nervous before the kickoff tbh. Or was that his usual face.

Typical Sheva freekick.... flew like a rocket.... he didn't have much to aim at tbh. It was a great strike considering the players were charging in at him.

Sheva will always be a hero to me. Maybe a lot of that is down to the fact I seen him tear up Europe in his Kiev days. Hat trick at the nou camp demolition of Wengers Arsenal.

Signature
Quote:
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Old 25-05-2015, 22:22   #18070
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Whoa Whoa Whoa

Who called Sheva a UCL flop ????

Dude could easily have won it with 3 different teams.

Signature
Quote:
Old 25-05-2015, 22:31   #18071
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:

Pirlo ponders too much when he has the ball and it's the reason why he didn't succeed as a trequartista in his earlier days. He can push people off or trick them when he has the ball while facing forward but he has issues when the player is chasing him from behind. That's when you expose him. Pressure him Gattuso style from behind and he fucks up.

I think we lost the plot while discussing Pirlo here bro. When I said those players were more complete I meant their overall skills were above Xavi's skills. Not that they have everything (running, technique, defense, etc...) that a complete midfielder does. Don't get me wrong Xavi is brilliant in a possession based system but he has trouble carrying that high level of play into other systems and tactics. The other players I mentioned I would take over him played in different teams (including same club team but different players aka Barcelona pre-2008) and were able to contribute a lot to their teams. Even baldie Zidane did a lot for Madrid in the UCL despite being inconsistent at times.

I won't judge Pirlo in Leonardo's team since we know it was a mess. Our midfield was static as fuck in our last years and desperately needed dynamic midfielders, which we got in Pirlo's last year at Milan and he started playing a lot better. I still am disappointed with the shit Pirlo said about Milan but I recognize he's a talented footballer.

Man I hate remembering that match in 2005. The midfield didn't man mark correctly and we got punished for it in those few minutes. The first goal I remember Stam and Nesta had their man covered but Pirlo didn't cover Gerrard as he was coming in to the box The second goal Seedorf didn't cover Smicer and gave him too much time to shoot. The last goal I won't even comment since that wasn't a penalty. That cunt Gerrard dived.
OMG you.....I .....can't even....

So, in summary...by YOUR own words...in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON, you admit that:
1) P!rlo was shit at marking Gerrard - the driving force behind the comeback
2) Missed a fucking final penalty

....yet somehow he ...and I quote:
Quote:
had a good game.
There is NO HOPE for P!rl0 fans ....NONE!

also, let's not get it twisted....his indirect fed Maldini for the first goal sure.
The second goal was the Sheva-Kaka-Crespo triumverate that somehow didn't keep ( )
And the third was pure Kaka's brilliant pass followed by the typical smooth Crespo finish Once again, fuck P!rl0

Shit on Seedorf for giving his marker space all you want....P!rl0 didn't even get close to fucking ANYBODY (look @ about the 3:00 mark)

for the penalty he doesn't even move....leaving Nesta alone to chase Alonso

Last edited by leaf; 25-05-2015 at 22:42.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 22:47   #18072
milanoldfarts
Banned

Oh man Leaf...just watched that video...just look at Pirlo staying there when Alonso missed the PK like as if it was no big deal...hate his attitude

And that header by Sheva in ET 2nd half...fuck Dudek...I will never hate a Goalie more than him in my life

I really hate how stupid we played in that 2nd half...we were just letting them hold the ball and staying in defense and very badly at that...nobody pressing them...we were just giving them time on the ball and all the space necessary...Carlo's "tactics" were wack...disgusting...he was trying to hold the result...he was playing like a coward...what we should of done instead is press and attack in 2nd half too not invite them to our goal wtf

Last edited by milanoldfarts; 25-05-2015 at 22:51.
Old 25-05-2015, 22:52   #18073
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
And that header by Sheva in ET 2nd half...fuck Dudek...I will never hate a Goalie more than him in my life
This cunt easily surpasses Dudek

Signature
Quote:
Old 25-05-2015, 22:55   #18074
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:

Buffon was just doing his job (trying to make a save). Blame the ref for allowing a ball that clearly passed the line to be disallowed.

Dudek on the other hand broke the rules of the shootout.
Old 25-05-2015, 23:01   #18075
milanicious
AC Milan Icon

Seriously blaming Pirlo for Slippy's goal ? I mean look at Staam

There was an interview in which Maldini said that he was about to warn Staam of Slippy but decided not to.

Blaming him for Alonso's goal is just ........
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 23:08   #18076
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
Buffon was just doing his job (trying to make a save). Blame the ref for allowing a ball that clearly passed the line to be disallowed..

Signature
Quote:
Old 25-05-2015, 23:13   #18077
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Why does Ancelotti struggle so much in domestic leagues? He's won 3 league titles in 15 odd years managing Juventus, Milan, PSG and Madrid.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 23:21   #18078
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
Why does Ancelotti struggle so much in domestic leagues? He's won 3 league titles in 15 odd years managing Juventus, Milan, PSG and Madrid.
2 titles in his last 5 years... Maybe the struggle is over

But in his own words he loves the Cup more.

Signature
Quote:
Old 25-05-2015, 23:24   #18079
milanoldfarts
Banned

Quote:
That's Ladri though...that's a whole other case of worms...they had the refs with them...Linesman clearly saw that it was in but was pretending to not have seen it...fucking Ladri di Merda

Dudek's saves were legit on the other hand...and that too on a CL Final...fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
Cuz he's not that great of a coach
He flopped in France LMAO...had to sign Ibra and Silva to win it next year

Oh how I wish we had Capello in that 2nd half of 2005...he would have kicked Pirlo's and Dorf's ass...in fact they would probably be benched most of the time under him
Old 25-05-2015, 23:30   #18080
leaf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanicious View Post
Seriously blaming Pirlo for Slippy's goal ? I mean look at Staam

There was an interview in which Maldini said that he was about to warn Staam of Slippy but decided not to.

Blaming him for Alonso's goal is just ........
I'm not really blaming him for either goal. The Smicer one, sure.
But it's his overall lack of interest in everything.....this in a fucking CL final
If this was a Dinho or a Muntari we were talking about....you'd have heard more stinging criticism. But alas it's an untouchable golden Lombardy boy