Ancelotti's comments........

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
Off the official milan website:

According to Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, 'Milan deserved to win because they did well and held a grip on the game for 90 minutes. They were just unlucky and were not able to take the goalscoring chances they created.' Then he adds: 'We must be more continual and quickier to break through the opponents' defences who close down their ranks against us. But I don't believe that the team are in crisis. Now we are to face Borussia Dortmund and, more important, Juventus. It's essential to win against them, it's a final for us. We must defeat them, if we want to join back in the race for the Scudetto.'

"But I don't believe that the team are in crisis."

wtf? can't he even recognise that there is a problem

Draw against Perugia
LOSS against Perugia

win against lokomotiv
DRAW AT HOME against lazio
win against torino
win against lokomotiv
DRAW AT HOME to atalanta
DRAW AT HOME to chievo
loss to real madrid
DRAW against a 10-man reggina

that's not good enough for milan. we should have won every single one of those games, with the possible exeption to the real madrid game. yet, ancelotti's still bullshitting on about our scudetto chances :head:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This guy just never gives up. In a way, it's honourable, but in another way, it's just annoying. He just needs to admit he completely screwed up the 2nd half of the season :rolleyes:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
think about it, u cannot say "we do have lots of problems here in milan" in front of press or media.... first, bad in image, second, will drop team's spirit significantly, third, it'll screw lots of things including more players to leave, etc...
ancelotti does suck about attacking and even himself knows it, that's why milan management filled up milan squad with more attacking talents rather than the defensive minded players plus lots of stars... but still our mr.carlo cannot maximize this huge potential....
he has the same comments every week; is it about playing to win, is it about playing with determination, or is it about scudetto, it does not matter again since he can only say good things to prevent him from losing the job...
i do respect the guy, but recent milan's form really makes me think that this guy is a total ******** if we couldn't even win against a 10 men relegation team...
one thing i can only say, i miss that 0-4 won against depor, or 6-0 against torino.... hell, we played like there is no tomorrow.... but now we play like we have already won everything.... which is shitty...

Reaction score
Untitled,do you expect that Carletto says"Yes! we are in crisis and every thing is finished."?
It is natural that he wants to show everything is good in Milan and there is no worry.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No coaches and/or players on any team can admit pubically that there's a problem. That's just something that they cannot do.

Yes, I miss the good 'ol days of the Deportivo and Torino matches too... There's obviously *something* wrong. I think it's beyond player x or y or z performing like crap. They all have at some point of the season, but they won games. They've stuggled before against defensive teams but they somehow managed to get those precious points, just like Juve and Inter-nazi-onale are doing right now. So what *is* it?

1. They're tired [apparently, they've played the most games among the Serie A clubs]
2. They don't respond to the coach like they used to
3. The rumours of fighting are true
4. The other clubs have figured out their schemes are found a way to neutralize them very effectively
5. I've been jynxing them since becoming a member of this forum

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hi to all!

I write for this forum not so long. But I have been checking this forum for a lot of time.
And what I want to say - that the biggest part of massages in this forum is written maybe by some naive children. Just look to what you wrote - Milan will win, Milan is great, if Milan did not win today - the team was just unlucky and we will obviously win next game and it is for sure.
But mostly nobody tell about real things, about real situation. And if you are interested I will tell you what is going on with the team. Milan has the real stars and a very good players but it has not the TEAM. It is not player's problem but there is a big, big problem with coach. When I heard a year ago that Fatih Terim is fired and the new coach will be Ancelotti I said to me - that is the end for Milan and no matter what kind of players they will buy. Look what this respectable coach did with Juventus. By the way Juve a couple years ago has collected probably the best squad in the world. We all have seen what Ancelotti did with them.
As I think Milan has shown good performance with Terim even if they had some not good games. Why was Terim fired after couple draws and why Ancelotti is still Milan&'s coach after these nightmares? Besides Milan played very badly last season and anyway Ancelotti was not fired. Milan played badly this season too. Yes you all began to scream - common look what they did in the start of the season! I tell you what.
Milan played badly compare with the players it has. Ye, there was a couple good games that's all and in the other game Milan was a bit more lucky as opponent team.
Please people look in the eyes of truth - look how Milan plays it is just terrible.
I always said and I am saying once again Ancelotti is not a coach. And he has no right to be the coach of Milan. The faster Berluskonni understand it the better it will be for the team and for the supporters. I do not believe that Milan will get even semi final of Ch. L. and get second place in Seria A. All that they can is to win in Italy cup. But it is the real shame and disgrace having such fantastic good players.

Please people look in the eyes of truth!!! :head:

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
the media will dig up dirt and make up stories no matter what. and by now problems are so very, very obvious that there's no way anymore to cover them up, just leading to more speculation and more media circus. it would have been best to address problems right when they became chronic a couple of months ago and deal with them offensively, i.e. *stop* the bigtalking and stupid press conferences after every training session (issuing a press release once or twice a week would suffice but since berlusconi is part of the circus this ain't happening, i know) and concentrate on working on solutions immediately rather than stage this sad out-of-proportion media show and try to fool the public and themselves forever. they've been doing themselves such a disfavor as too much precious time has already been wasted trying to keep up that crumbling phony facade!

Regarding the adverse effects on self-confidence, it doesn't suffer by recognizing, analyzing and resolving a problem, it suffers due to lack of success resulting from downright silly coping-through-denial strategies that multiply the problems rather than minimize them.

last night rino + rui have actually for the first time admitted that problems exist, so i see a changing approach and hopefully this will reflect on the spirit and eventually performance of the team...

Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ancellotti rteceives rash criticism around here, but some of you guys forget how a great Milan player he once was. A great player doesn't automatically become a great coach, but for that, he deserves respect.

Why did he get the job ? If Sacchi, Berlusconi and Galiani think he is a good coach, I think we can believe them. Those guys can be trusted and know what calcio is all about.

Some say we got a fantastic team, that should win everything possible. I simply don't agree. Our defense is good (thanks to captain Maldini and Nesta) but not great (Kaladze as a terzino cannot be compared to Maldini, and Simic to Tassoti or Panucci) ; our midfield absolutely needs a top form Rui COsta, or it becomes a non-creative one. Rivaldo is a great deception : the man is selfish, slow, and he scores very few goals.

Remember that we had the same coach a few months ago when we crushed La Corona and Bayern München. I really think the only reproach that can seriously be done to Carletto is not making Sheva play. I think - and I'm sad about it - that Sheva will quit Milan at the end of the season. I don't see what else he could do.

Reaction score
Maybe there is no problem with the team, or maybe they are the perfect team, but the main crisis milan faces is the coach. i wonder why milan board likes him i mean last season with Fateh Terim the team perform a perfict attacking matches but after a few ties the board decided Fateh is not good for the team and now they found there lost with a very profisional coach but his only profisional in loosing and making up reasons behind there defeat. i realy hate Ancilloti sence he was with Juve and if he was so good why Juve let him go. another thing the game with real we could've won if the coach put a good plan and tactics but i think he made milan lose because he is planning to coach real in the future. i realy don't trust him specialy after the message he sent to real before the game.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
haven't you guys ever played CM and then when the newspapers ask you if you are challengers for the no.1 spot ?? and when you are optimistic and say yes i think we can manage a league-gold your boss and the fans get pleased?

:D pretty good comparision aye?

in this case, we are still not happy, but we would've been even more angry if he'd said "we suck, we are going to lose everything, i might aswell quit this shieet"... hehe, don't you think?

emre

Primavera
Reaction score
You say he does not even relise there is a problem. But this is not the case.
He relises there is a problem, but he is saying it is not a crisis. think about it. Every team goes in and out of form. this is just a slump in milans form, probably due to some tactical errors, but still, milan will bounce back. I know it, You all know it, Carletto knows it, Galliani, Sacchi and Berlusconi know it, and Juve and inter know it.

that is why they are not saying milan is out of the title race yet. If we do not beat Juve, we will be out. I believe in Milan, I always have and I Always Will.

FORZA MILAN!!

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Ozmosis said:
haven't you guys ever played CM and then when the newspapers ask you if you are challengers for the no.1 spot ?? and when you are optimistic and say yes i think we can manage a league-gold your boss and the fans get pleased?

:D pretty good comparision aye?

haha yeah very true! although at the moment ive lowered the clubs expectations to "respectable league position" and am constantly drawing matches, finishing lower mid-table :D :rolleyes:

its all about playing the Media really.. they'll jump on any negative comments and blow them completely out of proportion, thats what sells them their medium, and gets them ratings. If a manager (in this case Carlo) plays down the crisis we ACTUALLY ARE IN! then the papers will tend to not bother about this, seeing everything is rosey. Media only really pounce on controversy and negative feelings internally at clubs. Thats why Carlo has been very wise to play down our recent poor performance, its also good for the players to hear their manager still has confidence in them. :)

Schedule