2012 fifa ballon d' or

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I don't like the word better, its debatable, there's been a drop in quality in defense, that's pretty obvious for example...overall, to me, its simply different. And people don't like different, they appreciate "different" when somehting new and different shows up, which like I said, within 10 years this guy will be saying the same thing, "10 years ago football was better"

the game is simply faster and more physical.

By nature, less technical, or less obviously technical (yes messi is a technical magician, but he does is way too quick. Ask any x-player not named Pele, they'll say he's among greatest ever technique-wise. Ball is glued to him)

it goes without saying, im pretty confident you put up say.... mid 90s juventus or late 90s madrid v. these teams they';d get beat up, and out run. (And i'm not going into 80s). Thats because the shape players are in now is just so much better. Faster, they wouldn't hang for 90

so then you argue, well what if those sides were here now with this training. They'd probably be able to play faster... but it'd also appear less technical.

A lot of players wouldn't be doing a lot of what they did cause pace is too high.

-

my point is their are physical factors you can't overcome

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

By nature, less technical, or less obviously technical (yes messi is a technical magician, but he does is way too quick. Ask any x-player not named Pele, they'll say he's among greatest ever technique-wise. Ball is glued to him)

it goes without saying, im pretty confident you put up say.... mid 90s juventus or late 90s madrid v. these teams they';d get beat up, and out run. (And i'm not going into 80s). Thats because the shape players are in now is just so much better. Faster, they wouldn't hang for 90

so then you argue, well what if those sides were here now with this training. They'd probably be able to play faster... but it'd also appear less technical.

A lot of players wouldn't be doing a lot of what they did cause pace is too high.

-

I don't disagree with that. I disagree with the word "better", though obviously there's been improvements in work out, and medical stuff, which makes this current crop on a level that its hard to match up (hell think of Carlo's Milan being outran and outmuscled by Deportivo in 04', Deportivo played in the way teams play nowadays).

But I just find it different not better.

We can argue that we have no clue how this players would do in the 1990's world without the technology and training improvements, and without the current set of rules (we've gone through this, yes, there's physical monsters nowadays, but come on there's not even a player on Billy's level of "dirtyness" who could get away with it most of the time, Pepe is the only one people look like that, and he ain't really that dirty, he's just crazy).

So you know, what is truly better? There's no real answer, fact is, football evolves and it'll continue to evolve. And it had to evolve to what it is today because of the quantity of games there's. Quantity of games we've demand to see.

Hell the football we grow up with (you know the one all the late teens, 20 somethings are crying for), I'm sure our parents were all like "the players at my time were better, they were more technical, and less of physical freaks" etc.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

-

----------------Ronaldo--Sheva------
---------------------Totti--------------
----------Seedorf---Gattuso---Pirlo
-------Maldini---Nesta--Canavaro-----Cafu
-----------------Buffon------------------

I would like to see Barca or whoever match this guys and not get get trashed.Our here to make it more easy:

Beat Milan or Juventus 2003.

@manutd fan:

It was for the ballon d`or, but he had not a better case then what Kaka did for Milan.But do agree that him being behind Messi that year was a joke.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
----------------Ronaldo--Sheva------
---------------------Totti--------------
----------Seedorf---Gattuso---Pirlo
-------Maldini---Nesta--Canavaro-----Cafu
-----------------Buffon------------------

I would like to see Barca or whoever match this guys and not get get trashed.Our here to make it more easy:

Beat Milan or Juventus 2003.

When did that team ever play together?

Just as easy I'd take....

---Ronaldo---Ibra--messi

-----Xavi---ddr---iniesta

Alba--kompany--silva--alves
-----------Cassillas

V it. These players just don't happen to play in teams you like or serie a

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
When did that team ever play together?

Just as easy I'd take....

---Ronaldo---Ibra--messi

-----Xavi---ddr---iniesta

Alba--kompany--silva--alves
-----------Cassillas

V it. These players just don't happen to play in teams you like or serie a

Totally missed the part where i said Milan or Juventus 2003 did you?

Also yeah i would wager that best 11 wont beat the one ive put up .The quality of the football nowdays has not improved, especially in defense.

A late 90`s, 2000 to 2005 team is atletic enough to handle todays game.I agree that a 80`s one would get battered ,but that was not my point.

There are far fewer talent players in all areas around the pitch this days.The game did not evolve that much as you think.The fact that theres a lot more players that have better stamina this days, shows that even little clubs decided to hire good physicians.

Top teams have had this since the late 90`s, its nothing new.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
My last Gen Team would be:

-----------Ronaldo--Sheva------
--Ronaldinho--------------Kaka---------
-----------Davids---Vieria--------
Serginho---Maldini--Nesta-----Cafu-----
-----------------Buffon----------------

Buffon aside...All AC Milan :o
Simply untouchable....by halftime any current gen team would default the game :o

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Ronaldinho kaka :lol:

behind sheva and ronaldo :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
that team wouldn't see the ball.

good luck chasing 4-5 ball playing mids vieira and davids while your front 4 stands around.

unless of course.... you're putting sheva at CB for deep attack :o

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyway... what are we defining as last gen? Like 96-06ish?

Gimme (all in their prime)...

-----------------Ronaldo (98 version)
---------------Dinho--Totti (03-06 version, any version)
---------Zidane--Davids--Pirlo (circa 98-01, anytime till 03, 04-06)
Zambrotta--Nesta--Cannavaro--Thuram (post-02, anytime, anytime, anytime)
------------------Buffon

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Ibra is 100% better than RVP.

Ibra is a complete striker. Skill, strength, power and finesse.
Ibra is a play maker and a lethal finisher.

RVP is only a finisher.

:lol: did u watched arsenals games last season and united this season. the man is simply beasting the epl right now. Carrying united on his own in some matches. :fp:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
@manutd fan:

It was for the ballon d`or, but he had not a better case then what Kaka did for Milan.But do agree that him being behind Messi that year was a joke.

He did. A very good case.

Best player in the EPL when the league was at or close to its peak, 23 goals, 20 assists. He was still a winger then as well - the freedom of movement wasn't fully there until the following season.

In terms of success (which always plays a part), he won the league, made the final of the FA Cup, semi's of the CL and was one of the best players in the 2006 World Cup.

The two semi finals + Milan winning the CL were the major reasons behind Kaka winning the award, rightly or wrongly.

A lot of people argue that 06/07 was actually Ronaldo's best ever season.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
Eziz ‏@Number10Role

Thiago Silva and Gabon's coach confirm they voted for Ronaldo in Ballon D'OR but instead FIFA counted the votes for Messi! Oh God.

Plus, Colombia's coach tried to vote for Falcao - FIFA awarded it to Messi. Buffon voted for Ronaldo - awarded to Pirlo.
--

fifa :fp:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
:lol:

No. I hope they let Messi keep those Balloon D'ors

take it back from him after 5 years :proud:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Tomas Rosicky: ” I swear that I’ve voted for Cristiano Ronaldo,but FIFA gave my votes tomessi! ”

Gianluigi Buffon also has voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, but FIFA gave the vote to Pirlo.

Thiago Silva (PSG): “I gave my vote for Cristiano Ronaldo but my vote according to FIFA is given to messi. It sad what is happening”

Journalist from Indonesia says that he voted for Xavi, but of course his vote was attributed to messi

José Pekerman, ” Ofcourse that Ivoted for Falcao! But FIFA said that I voted for messi which wasn’t like that. I don’t know what’s going on,but I didn’t votedfor Messi!

Lukasz Piszczek: “Messi was not on my list. How did he beame my third choce?”

This is sad, corrupt FIFA.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wow, funny how nobody cares...

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
It's not that nobody cares, it's just that most of us figured that there is something fishy already but now there's evidence...

So... Thanks!

Last edited:

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Tomas Rosicky: ” I swear that I’ve voted for Cristiano Ronaldo,but FIFA gave my votes tomessi! ”

Gianluigi Buffon also has voted for Cristiano Ronaldo, but FIFA gave the vote to Pirlo.

Thiago Silva (PSG): “I gave my vote for Cristiano Ronaldo but my vote according to FIFA is given to messi. It sad what is happening”

Journalist from Indonesia says that he voted for Xavi, but of course his vote was attributed to messi

José Pekerman, ” Ofcourse that Ivoted for Falcao! But FIFA said that I voted for messi which wasn’t like that. I don’t know what’s going on,but I didn’t votedfor Messi!

Lolwut? Is this true? :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lol, i googled balon dor, those quotes and A LOT of things related to it... can't find ANY source

Well done mr. milanista :lol:

-

ridiculous backlash at messi. "messi was not in my top 3" Well if he wasn't you should lose your vote

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Friend sent it on facebook. Appearently T.Silva wrote it on Instagram, which is false. The others I don't know, I didn't ask because I thought I was annoying... But he said he read it somewhere.

NIRossoneri

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It's also bullshit, Piszczek didn't get to vote, he isn't the Poland NT Captain.
Buffon voted for Pirlo, then Messi then Ronaldo.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Yeah, this is fake...

I posted it today too :fp:

I agree with Senatore though.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
France Football has announced it will retake control of the Ballon d’Or starting from next year.
The French magazine founded the award in 1956, but the award merged with FIFA’s World Player of the Year award in 2010.

However, France Football has announced that it is ending its partnership with world football’s governing body, effective as of the next award which will be the 61st.

Under the FIFA system, the award was voted for by journalists, national team captains and national team Coaches, but it’s not yet clear how the award will be adjudicated going forward.

The magazine has announced that it will reveal the new structure of the Ballon d’Or in its next edition, which hits newsstands on Thursday.

Messi will carry on winning it... don't know about Ronaldo.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Higuaín the prick cost Messi this year's Ballon d’Or. Fucking hate him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
large.gif

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Love him to bits tbh.

GON-ZA-LO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw euros > some mickey mouse tournament played in soccerland

To be honest, Ronaldo wasn't even one of the best performers for Portugal in winning the Euros.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
fuk da messi and his ballon dors