Champions League & Europa League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Hardly. Ajax are nothing special these days. Auxerre finished 3rd in the French league, so I doubt they're that strong either. Madrid was a bastard of a draw, but the other two aren't especially hard.

Did you just take that out of context? :D

He said Madrid itself will be mission impossible, not the group.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Did you just take that out of context? :D

He said Madrid itself will be mission impossible, not the group.

So I did, my bad.

Ignore my post.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Madrid "mission impossible" and after the game it will be "i told you they are nothing special, they suck etc." Barcelona aka diving midgets are mission impossible :D Madrid maybe got Mourinho but that doesn't mean they are scary as other top teams..Mourinho is a great coach but there is a long way to make that team great or whatever.

Penalty doesn't go down to the stats as a shot on goal?

don't know, maybe is some mistake

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Rafa's cracking up, he's cracking up, he's cracking up...

Ive said from the beginning all the man needs is time..to royally screw them over.Im Rafa we trust!

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Haha, no sixtuple for Inter.

While naturally I'm glad to see them lose (even if it's to a Spanish team), their performance gave me a genuine belief that we can wrestle the title away from them. Knee-jerk reaction maybe, but they were poor even against Roma. An ageing group of players who won everything there is to win (well, apart from the mickey mouse Club World Cup) in club football, with no addition to the squad are bound to become complacent at some point. I can't imagine what it's like for the players, going from someone like Mourinho to Benitez, who is primarily responsible for this loss.

I never understood why coaches want to stamp their authority so early by completely changing the system. Benitez has only managed Inter for a handful of games, fair to say that he isn't aware of what his best formation is. Why not stick to the treble-winning team and formation, then? Isolating Sneijder on the left in a 4-3-3 is up there with some of his most ridiculous decisions. Throughout last season, he was their primary source of creativity and the only player who was capable of making the link between Cambiasso and Milito.

For a successful 4-3-3, you need midfielders of Xavi, Scholes or Pirlo's ilk; players who are capable of keeping possession and controlling the tempo. Last year's team was built on a solid defense, a strong defensive midfield duo shielding it and Sneijder bridging the gap between midfield and attack. A very direct counter-attacking style of play with four forwards. Benitez admitted that he plans on playing a very Spanish game: possession football with the defense pressing high up the pitch but Inter simply don't have the players to play that way. Zero shots on target is absolutely dreadful, meaningless competition or not. In my view, Benitez is the ideal coach to end their winning streak, not least because he'll probably focus on retaining the Champions League.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Maicon looked really poor on the first Atletico goal

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm, shitty coaches, WC players that dont perform according to expectations, mute fans in the stand, terrible football, failing 2 win vs mediocre spanish clubs........OMG, merda is bAAACK!! Inter has left the building:proud:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good post Bear.

I'm watching the game again here... Good God, Inter was beated in the first time and got raped in the second. Atlético was superior in everything, technically, tatically and even their players were more hungry and physically imposing.

I don't expect the Merda ship to start sinking TBH. I don't rate Benítez so low as much people here, and Inter has a very solid and experient team - "cancheiro" as we say in South Brazil. But I haven't seen then underperforming that way for ages...

Status
Not open for further replies.