Bidders for the 2018/2022 Fifa World Cup™

Choose your preferable country to present the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
yeh, because you can afford to date one.
Hence me slipping a roofie imnto her martini first. :D

I would want to use my good old Italian charm. But I only want one belly dancer, not the entire harem. ;)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Hence me slipping a roofie imnto her martini first. :D

I would want to use my good old Italian charm. But I only want one belly dancer, not the entire harem. ;)

harem/belly dancers, what the fuck are you talking about?:D

You want hot belly dancers for cheap, go to iraq/syria/lebanon/egypt/morroco/tunis

not gulf region countries:D

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's the same to me. Not being able to drink in public is an awful idea. I hope Qatar are going to have a load of "England pubs".
Is it? You're contradicting yourself slightly. Go back to your first post, you said "rules against drinking" and "no booze", you expect me to assume that you were referring to laws regarding drinking in public? As that quote I provided stated, special alcohol tolerant fan zones will be set up, don't get so worked up over it.

There's nothing snobbish in the slightest. I don't know when you signed up here, but I was all for having the WC in S/A. That is until I heard those fucking wasps anyway.
It definitely came across as that. You said "I can see this World Cup being complete shite ... no freedom of speech" - once again then, what does the level of democracy have to do with a country's ability to stage a successful sporting event?

Just to point out, more Vuvuzela's have probably been sold in the last 6 months than in history. And something I've just realised, but seeing as Qatar has a very small population size, there's bound to me thousands upon thousands of fans coming in from neighbouring countries. I don't know who they are, but I'm going to guess that they use those horns.

DOHA, QATAR—Qataris danced along the Gulf waterfront Thursday and used the symbol of the last World Cup — the vuvuzela — to blast their joy at being named host of the 2022 tournament.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...uzela-world-cup-coming-to-middle-east-in-2022
Fair enough, but my point about it not being part of their football culture stands. There's no guarantee that they'll have as much of a presence in stadiums in Doha as they did in South Africa.

Actually, you are wrong here. England were out in the first round, and was basically decided months ago. The Panorama program was on a week ago. Had England lost by 2 or 3 votes, you would be totally right. However we lost by a landslide, possibly by unfair means, so the English media reporting about the corruption was nowhere near as influential as people think.
The first round of voting doesn't take place months before the actual event, I don't know where you got that from.

You phrased it insufficiently. Don't be.
Don't be what?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
harem/belly dancers, what the fuck are you talking about?:D

You want hot belly dancers for cheap, go to iraq/syria/lebanon/egypt/morroco/tunis

not gulf region countries:D

Iraq??? Lebanon?!? What the fuck are YOU talking about? :tongue: I nevr said anything about women from wartorn countries. :head:

Clearly the gulf sheiks use their evil oil riches to hire the greatest scientists from around the world. Those sientists secretly developed the sexy gene in a lab beneath the desert. All the women in those couintries are genetically sexy down to the XXX chromosomes. ;) I know this, I read it on that highdeas website. :tongue:

EDIT: http://highdeas.com/

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I know alcohol will be permitted. And i know that if you aren't blatant, then it won't be found. But having it in a country with laws akin to the middle-ages(Well a lot better) will be a problem. It just means that they will change laws which will happen and it'll be all fine when it does happen.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Forget 2022 for a moment, I'm surprised there's such little concern that Poland, a country with one of the largest groups of neo-nazis and white supremacists, are going to co-host the Euros in two years.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Forget 2022 for a moment, I'm surprised there's such little concern that Poland, a country with one of the largest groups of neo-nazis and white supremacists, are going to co-host the Euros in two years.

iizzzookkk

they have beer!!!!!! <333333333333

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
That's it. You guys are all super well aware what this discussions bring. For the record, those of you degrading homosexuality better shut it, and Kuja you're remarks are in no way better, so you shut it too. And we're not disccussing any sort of politics in here, so I don't wanna read arguments about terrorist, imperialists, christians, muslims, or whatever. ENDS HERE.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
what is the actual law? 2 guys kiss and off to jail they go? how far do they actually have to go? do they get locked up for holding hands?.. (not trying to be a dick, i'm actually curious)
I don't live there so I don't know, but the law states that any same-sex sexual activity is punishable by up to five years in prison.

But yeah, back to the football...

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
That's it. You guys are all super well aware what this discussions bring. For the record, those of you degrading homosexuality better shut it, and Kuja you're remarks are in no way better, so you shut it too. And we're not disccussing any sort of politics in here, so I don't wanna read arguments about terrorist, imperialists, christians, muslims, or whatever. ENDS HERE.

Thank you for the post, I was close to lose the faith of moderation activity in this thread; if necessary shut it down "Lock it" but don't let it bring BS hates here, Thanks.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't live there so I don't know, but the law states that any same-sex sexual activity is punishable by up to five years in prison.

But yeah, back to the football...

yep

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Thank you for the post, I was close to lose the faith of moderation activity in this thread; if necessary shut it down "Lock it" but don't let it bring BS hates here, Thanks.
I thought the mods said stop with the gay talk sodlod, yet you go ahead and post the most sickeningly sweet ass kissing post in the history of the forum. :rolleyes:

The award for most useless post goes to.. :o :D

J/k center, but seriously what was the point lol

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I read something interesting today.

Brazil seems to have problems with the arrangements for 2014 and England is said to be the country to take their place. Furthermore it's also rumoured that FIFA knew about Brazil's problems and rejected England's 2018 bid to let them get 2014 because their one of the few countries that can host a WC even if it was tomorrow. Does any Brazilian members have something to say about this?

And another thing. Some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves for being so ignorant and bitter. It doesn't matter where the World cup is held as long as the country can manage the arrangements. This sport is for everyone and not only the western part of the world. FIFA is absolutely doing the right thing by giving it to countries all over the world.

I hope Australia gets it 2026.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
This thread has served its purpose & then some :rolleyes:

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule