Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okey thanks!

But it is not completely out of question that he could come back for the final games of the season`? Maybe in april/may?

It's possible but I think it will be a small chance and even then he will not be ready to play any meaningful minutes. Remember Mexes' ACL injury? He had it at the end of the season with Roma but already signed for us in January. IIRC, Mexes did not play very meaningful season that season other than some garbage time, it was around April/May.

But once again, it all depends on how badly its torn and how his body responds to treatment and physical therapy.

his salary is way too much to be just a squad member. even if he realizes that the only way to stay in this team is to be a squad member and accept the bench, he has to accept a serious paycut first

Maybe offer him the same as Zambro and Oddo, spread his contract out over more years aka taking a salary cut per year.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan captain Riccardo Montolivo says he’s stronger than the “legions of imbeciles” who attack him on social media.

The midfielder has been heavily criticised by Rossoneri fans in recent times, with some even celebrating his cruciate ligament injury on Italy duty, as it means he cannot play for his club.

In addition, fans at Juventus Stadium whistled the Azzurri star when he was taken off against Germany.

“Whistling someone who goes off on a stretcher is scandalous, for anyone with a minimum of sensibility,” Montolivo told La Repubblica.

“And social media has, as Umberto Eco said, given voice to legions of imbeciles. The internet is a world without rules, it can be useful but you need to have some common sense.

“I was tempted to respond on Facebook. I respect critics, but in recent times it’s been so exaggerated on social media, with no filters.

“I received a lot of messages of support from teammates, opponents and athletes from other sports.

“The most important ones where [Sergio] Parisse and [Luigi] Datome, captains of the national rugby and basketball teams.

“Also [Gianluigi] Buffon, he wasn’t afraid to take a strong position, even probably - in part - against fans of his own team.”

Montolivo also criticised Spain and Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos for the challenge which led to his injury.

“It wasn’t a dangerous ball, there was no need to come in so hard. Ramos was doing a classic intimidatory action. The pain was crazy.

“While getting the scan I was hoping professor Castellacci would tell me it was nothing, but no: ruptured cruciate ligament.

“I’m proud of my career, now I only think about healing. But at 31 I don’t want the last image of me in an Italy shirt to be being stretchered off at Juventus Stadium.”

Awww monto what a true capitano

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
can someone answer my question?

is monto out 6 months in total (wich means the injury pluss rehab, getting into matchform etc) or is he out 6 months pluss rehab, match form etc?

anyone got a clue about this type of injury?

6 months due to injury+rehab and 6 months to get match fit.

This season is over for him.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
legions of imbeciles :lol: [clap]

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
IF I was forced to sacrifice one player to injury from our roster it would probably be him.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Riccardo_Montolivo_Wikipedia_the_free_encyclo.png

Here's hoping capitano can finally win something :)

15697683_362968264081793_1697530748673433481_n.jpg

Time for an update ;)

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Happy Birthday dear Captain! ❤️

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He should do a Redondo and renounce his paycheck while injured.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kaka did that as well.

And because Kaka did it he should do it?
I think it was a great gesture from Kaka, but don´t let this develop into pressuring players to do that, you have a contract = you deserve every penny you get out of it.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He should do a Redondo and renounce his paycheck while injured.

FIFA are paying his salary since he got injured while on NT duty.
He shouldn't let go of any cent.

And because Kaka did it he should do it?
I think it was a great gesture from Kaka, but don´t let this develop into pressuring players to do that, you have a contract = you deserve every penny you get out of it.

Kaka did that for like 1-2 weeks, after milking RM and Milan dry.

If he and Galliani told the truth that is.
He announced it in a video, lol.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't know that. Sounds fair :thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Kaka did that for like 1-2 weeks, after milking RM and Milan dry.

If he and Galliani told the truth that is.
He announced it in a video, lol.

:lol:

Yea also it was during when we paid him what no other team in the world was willing to even come close to paying him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
When is he back?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
its only a matter of physical condition now .. hes already training and could be on the bench vs roma

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Milan 'only €50m transfer budget'

Milan will only have €50m at their disposal for the summer transfer market, reports suggest.

After a takeover from Chinese investors was completed, it was thought that the Rossoneri would invest a great deal in the team at the end of the campaign.

Reports have linked the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette with a move to San Siro, but according to Leggo the budget will be set at a strict €50m.

This figure does not include any funds raised from the sale of players such as Carlos Bacca, but club executives Marco Fassone and Massimiliano Mirabelli would have to be scrupulous in the transfer market if the report is accurate.

http://www.football-italia.net/101432/milan-only-€50m-transfer-budget

Id take if it meant we invest smart and sell the rubbish.

Schedule