Mario Pasalic Thread

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
But a box to box is a player who goes forward and defends. So how can he be a box to box when he can't defend?

Can a player be a bit like a playmaker without being creative?

Both are possibile.

1) Player with remarkable energy and work-rate that tracks back a lot, he can't defend but his relentless running makes easier for his team mates to serve him and maybe start a counter. I would call this a box to box that can't defend. If we played young Kaka in the Gattuso position, he would have looked like that.

2) A player that have great efficiency in holding the ball and great reliability in the execution of passes that requires more technique than intuition. I would call this a not creative playmaker.

:D

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Montella not using him for the first 2 months was some sort of a tactic to get Chelsea to lower their demands/agree to let him leave?

Vincenzo clearly rates him, praised him a lot during his press conferences. Hes young, was out with a long injury, new league & country.. Montella took his time with Pasalic and hopefully it'll pay off & if we do decide to redeem him Chelsea will agree

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Reminds me far more of Nocerino than of any other midfielder. Has the ability to break into spaces, but seems to have no ability in helping keep a good midfield shape.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Reminds me far more of Nocerino than of any other midfielder. Has the ability to break into spaces, but seems to have no ability in helping keep a good midfield shape.

Nocerino can shoot better.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Noce? They're both pseudo-midfielders. That's where their similarities end.

Pasalic has far more things in common with Bertolacci.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

Both are possibile.

1) Player with remarkable energy and work-rate that tracks back a lot, he can't defend but his relentless running makes easier for his team mates to serve him and maybe start a counter. I would call this a box to box that can't defend. If we played young Kaka in the Gattuso position, he would have looked like that.

2) A player that have great efficiency in holding the ball and great reliability in the execution of passes that requires more technique than intuition. I would call this a not creative playmaker.

:D

:thumbsup:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Lightweight, partial to invisibility and not able to dominate the opponent midfield.

However, his attacking movement did look promising.

A decent midfielder to have in the 60th minute vs a tired Pescara, not one to have against Juventus.

Did it look like Fernandez would play CM? I know he was subbed on for there, but he seemed to be playing more advanced than our others.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Wasn't in the game at all.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Montella giving him chances is commendable, but after a point it'll backfire against a better team.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
at least he's better than poli

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
He's like a ghost who only pops in and makes a decent play here and there. I don't see anything special in this guy... A few more chances should be given for sure, but as of now, seems like a waste.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's like a ghost who only pops in and makes a decent play here and there. I don't see anything special in this guy... A few more chances should be given for sure, but as of now, seems like a waste.

Not really a waste...he's here on a dry loan anyways.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score

I don't see anything special either. He just seems like a better Nocerino except maybe Nocerino had better lungs.

He's not an awful player, not get me wrong but i don't really see anything he excels at. He kind of just has average characteristics across the board and not really all that skillful either.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
hes big and physically strong for his age .. thats all

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
One of our better players today. It's quite evident that Montella rates him, I get the feeling that he's capable of doing much more.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
He is shit defensively, but still better than walking dead aka kuco.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
inconsistent aka, some games plays good, some games he s plain bad.

clearly not crucial. I think jack's absence was more important

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
inconsistent aka, some games plays good, some games he s plain bad.

clearly not crucial. I think jack's absence was more important

without him, some games (which kucka played bad) would have been more or less the same, some games we could have lost points due to his absence.

this means he's crucial for the current team, even if jack is obviously more important.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
without him, some games (which kucka played bad) would have been more or less the same, some games we could have lost points due to his absence.

this means he's crucial for the current team, even if jack is obviously more important.

Thank u for explanation :fp::lol:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
We really should buy him, great talent. :thumbsup:

Schedule