Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonera a scapegoat?

He was utter garbage most of his time at Milan bar his games at RB

So what you're saying is, he was played out of position; never got a fair chance :o It was the coaches who destroyed his career playing him at cb! :devilshy:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
So what you're saying is, he was played out of position; never got a fair chance :o It was the coaches who destroyed his career playing him at cb! :devilshy:

nah he played in position on the bench for most of his career. Probably the best bench player milan has ever had and a legend for it. Seeing him being played out of position on the field was always disheartening.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
His calm demeanor is so ironic to his erroneous decision-making. Seems like a Mexes in a Nesta persona. He's still young though and still has plenty of time to fix some problems. Work harder lad.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Actually the main culprit on the goal was Bacca, who got robbed of the ball while holding it up or attempting to. The midfielders were running beyond him to counter attack and all of a sudden Udinese won the ball bafk and we were exposed. Montolivo then goes over to cover and the other mids are not in a position to cover Udinese's midfield runner. Yet people want to try to scapegoat De Sciglio. It is popular to shit on De Sciglio now it seems.

LoL no, Bacca lost a ball when almost all Milan players were still behind the ball. If you get exposed like that with the full defense in position, than things are not right. Montolivo made the wrong decision, he went to cover the wing with Zapata but didn't do it right since the Udinese player still crossed and therefore was completely useless there while the hole in the middle (where he should have been) was ripe for the taking.

Other than that, did you actually see what De Sciglio did in the first goal or are you talking out of your ass. Go see replays before you talk...

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
on @acmilan's twitter account, Calabria today was asked what his favourite number was and what number would he take in the future instead of 96....

he said #2.

:D

can't wait for that to happen.

here:

'Hi Calabria !
I'm from Indonesia..
Tell me your favourite number that will you choose in the future (except 96)..
#askCalabria
@acmilan'

response

'My favourite number would be 2 ;)
#askCalabria'

grande calabria... keep playing like this you'll definitely get de floppo's #2

Last edited:

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you wanna have sex with de sciglio, and that's why you're hating so much.

Don't be angry with yourself, release your emotions.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
on @acmilan's twitter account, Calabria today was asked what his favourite number was and what number would he take in the future instead of 96....

he said #2.

here:

'Hi Calabria !
I'm from Indonesia..
#askCalabria
@acmilan'

response

#askCalabria'

Ye

Calabria did wonders at the Genoa game right?

Its not like we were constantly battered time and time again from his side, especially considering the huge gaps he left in defense

Stop hyping the kid up

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't see the hype about Calabria. Never impressed me in primavera and especially not now given how bad his defensive skills are.

Once Llamas gets promoted; I don't see Calabria getting playtime.

joy

Banned
Reaction score
Posting just to record the fact that I read this page but not last page.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
LoL no, Bacca lost a ball when almost all Milan players were still behind the ball. If you get exposed like that with the full defense in position, than things are not right. Montolivo made the wrong decision, he went to cover the wing with Zapata but didn't do it right since the Udinese player still crossed and therefore was completely useless there while the hole in the middle (where he should have been) was ripe for the taking.

Other than that, did you actually see what De Sciglio did in the first goal or are you talking out of your ass. Go see replays before you talk...

Can't believe I missed this gem. One more poster to add to the 'i am actually blind and don't really watch the game, or even undersatnd what I am seeing' list.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

he said #2.

here:

'Hi Calabria !
I'm from Indonesia..
#askCalabria
@acmilan'

response

#askCalabria'

Lol not based on that Genoa performance...he was terrible. Like I said before it's easy to look good against fodders but he'll get exposed by good teams. If he starts against Napoli I expect Gabbiadini/Mertens to tear him a new one. If Midtablovic's smart he'll move DES back to RB.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I don't see the hype about Calabria. Never impressed me in primavera and especially not now given how bad his defensive skills are.

Once Llamas gets promoted; I don't see Calabria getting playtime.

:thumbsup: Calabria's impressed me but in no way is he better than DES. I think both Malberti and Llamas from the Primavera are better. However, he'll be a useful rotational player.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Lol not based on that Genoa performance...he was terrible. Like I said before it's easy to look good against fodders but he'll get exposed by good teams. If he starts against Napoli I expect Gabbiadini/Mertens to tear him a new one. If Midtablovic's smart he'll move DES back to RB.

Genoa is a good team?

Stop trying to bring the kid down already....he is bloody 18

You and Hitman are both fuckin' annoying with your polarised point of views

So far he has done more than well considering this is his first season. He is young, so obviously mistakes are gonna happen

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Calabria's impressed me but in no way is he better than DES. I think both Malberti and Llamas from the Primavera are better. However, he'll be a useful rotational player.

He will definitely be a good sub.

But I don't see him becoming a starter due to his lack of awareness, weak defense, and tendency to camp too high up the right flank.

I'm confident Llamas will be our LB for the future. He is a key piece in that U-17 Italy side and he knows how to defend, pass very well, and dribble (which is rare to see for fullbacks nowadays).

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Genoa is a good team?

Stop trying to bring the kid down already....he is bloody 18

You and Hitman are both fuckin' annoying with your polarised point of views

So far he has done more than well considering this is his first season. He is young, so obviously mistakes are gonna happen

:lol::fp:

Lol when did I say Genoa's a good team? You drew that conclusion yourself. I said he'd struggle against good teams then started talking about Napoli...

And when did I bring the kid down? If you'd bothered to read my second post you'd realise I was praising him. I said he's impressed me and will be a useful squad player in future. I've also praised him after other games but said he played terribly in line with Hitman harping on about judging youngsters fairly in other threads.

Get your facts straight.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
He will definitely be a good sub.

But I don't see him becoming a starter due to his lack of awareness, weak defense, and tendency to camp too high up the right flank.

I'm confident Llamas will be our LB for the future. He is a key piece in that U-17 Italy side and he knows how to defend, pass very well, and dribble (which is rare to see for fullbacks nowadays).

Agreed. Calabria's a good prospect just not good enough to oust DES now or in the future. I think people see Calabria's boundless energy and overrate his performances as a result. They don't realise DES is only starting to find his form again and is playing on the wrong side. Play him on his right side or in a decent squad with a decent manager and he'll look like a completely different player.

I've been saying the same thing about Llamas for a long time...he's a complete player. He's also lightning quick and will be even quicker than Abate in future.

Last edited:

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Judging an 18 year old's potential after he hasn't even completed 180 minutes of first team football. :thumbsup:

How about we all chill out? Calabria will definitely be going out on loan to play a full season this summer and to mature.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was only posting what Calabria tweeted, that he would like the number 2 jersey in the future which belongs to De Sciglio.

People really get sensitive about De Sciglio as if they're the ones getting attacked. I'll praise him once he deserves it and I have no issue with that...until then he's earned the criticism.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

he said #2.

here:

'Hi Calabria !
I'm from Indonesia..
#askCalabria
@acmilan'

response

#askCalabria'

I still haven't given up on DES... Calabria should change it to 20 and he has my blessing ;)

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Calabria's a good prospect just not good enough to oust DES now or in the future. I think people see Calabria's boundless energy and overrate his performances as a result. They don't realise DES is only starting to find his form again and is playing on the wrong side. Play him on his right side or in a decent squad with a decent manager and he'll look like a completely different player.

I've been saying the same thing about Llamas for a long time...he's a complete player. He's also lightning quick and will be even quicker than Abate in future.

Yup DES looks like a different player on the NT and when Kucka plays in front of him.

Judging an 18 year old's potential after he hasn't even completed 180 minutes of first team football. :thumbsup:

How about we all chill out? Calabria will definitely be going out on loan to play a full season this summer and to mature.

Compared to the other primavera defense talents like De Santis and Llamas; Calabria doesn't have the talent they do.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2012%2f12%2fTop5-Young-FBs.jpg

This is so depressing. He was the highest rated young FB three years ago. Look at who he was challenging.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
DeS will be fine, best thing for him would be to leave this cancerous organization that just brings players down nowadays. I hope we change our organization and start getting the best out of people like we used to.

People who hate DeS, I ask you to just remember how many talented youngsters have come through Milan and have started out so so bright, only to stay here for a few years and fail. The problem is not that they are now bad and all of the sudden suck.. the problem is that we don't cultivate a proper mentality or environment. And the longer they spend here, likely the worse and more insecure and lacking in confidence they will become.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
DeS will be fine, best thing for him would be to leave this cancerous organization that just brings players down nowadays. I hope we change our organization and start getting the best out of people like we used to.

People who hate DeS, I ask you to just remember how many talented youngsters have come through Milan and have started out so so bright, only to stay here for a few years and fail. The problem is not that they are now bad and all of the sudden suck.. the problem is that we don't cultivate a proper mentality or environment. And the longer they spend here, likely the worse and more insecure and lacking in confidence they will become.

+infinity. Very well said.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho

I agree we should sell him and save his career and our goals conceded ratio.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Looked very good at lwb today, mixed up his deliveries with both feet and Pelle should have scored off of his first cross. Strong defensively as always and playing higher up made his offside awareness a non issue. Needs to keep this up and keep concentration as offside mistakes tend to stem from loss of focus.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I really like this guy. I hope he succeeds...

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I don't think he's matured as of yet.He was in the 'I can touch the sky' phase that young players have where they are on an upward trajectory , once that falls , that's when the good ones and bad ones are separated. The good ones know they won't be where they dreamed if they don't work hard , train like hell every day and understand the game as much as they can.
The bad ones end up like Santacroce.

He needs maturity and time. I really wish they had a Maldini like figure in the dressing room . The man just has so much to learn from, as a player and as a person.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I really think he's always been better as a LB. He just seems more solid when he plays there, and when he's on the right he takes more offensive risks but I feel he leaves the defense more exposed when he plays RB and that's not good.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
He needs maturity and time. I really wish they had a Maldini like figure in the dressing room . The man just has so much to learn from, as a player and as a person.

This has been the biggest problem with Milan put aside our management at the top. We have no class, no leaders, and no identity. We lost all of our legends in one fell swoop and haven't recovered since.

Schedule