The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we wont get 200 mill or even 100 mill to spend this season so we need to be prudent. Having said that we dont need another 100 mill IMO to get top 4 next season, which is the aim

Wingers and CMs are what we need, plus a LB (conti and abate/abate will do)

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I want Vidal and Chiesa for our starting line up :D

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you think Kalinic will leave us after the words from Mirabelli? It sounds like he stays. And do yout think Locatelli will be loaned out? He will sign a new contract till 2023

Wouldn't take those words as confirmation of him staying. He doesn't want to lower Kalinic' marketvalue by basically putting him on the mercato. Especially if there's more truth in the mercato-rumours about China or Leverkusen being interested.

What do you think which players will leave us? (realistic)

Kalinic could leave us. Suso too, but it depends more on him than on F&M. Maybe Raiola will finally be able to bring Donna away, but it will only happen under our circumstances. Thanks god we have already a good back-up lined in Reina. Berto will return and then be sold right away I guess. Mauri will leave too I think. Bacca leaving is almost a certainity after what he said last night. Antonelli could also leave since he's barely used despite being fit. And finally Musacchio won't stay here to be 4th choice CB I guess.

I think, the sales who will bring us the money needed if we don't manage to qualify for CL will mostly come from Suso and Donna. The other ones can't be sold for barely any remarkable profit or are obligations who have been already taken into account last year so it won't really help to balance the books.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I can guarantee Kalinic is one of the players Gattuso admires the most

protect kalinic

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Financial Fairplay 2.0

Neymar for £200m, Virgil van Dijk for £75m. Financial Fair Play doesn’t seem to be working in its current form and that’s why UEFA are set to vote on new plans to overhaul the system.

Managers have complained that clubs like Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain are being subsidised by entire countries and making it impossible to compete on a level playing field in the transfer market.

“For me, it is the consequence of the ownerships that have completely changed the whole landscape of football in the last 15 years,” Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said of the Neymar deal. “Once a country owns a club, everything is possible.

[...]

In the new format, PSG’s €420m splurge on Neymar and several other stars would have to be offset by €320m in player sales as UEFA want to set a limit of €100m difference between expenses and income for clubs per year.

[...]

In many ways, Financial Fair Play 2.0 has arrived too late. The transfer boom has already happened. We are experiencing hyperinflation in the market and even defenders are being signed for eye-watering sums.

Manchester City have acted intelligently to prepare for what could be a truly transformative moment in the history of football. Pep Guardiola has lowered the age of his squad and tied down players onto long-term contracts now.

[...]

Interesting... a club's trasnfermercato can't have a bigger difference between purchases and sales of -100M if this comes through.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
we wont get 200 mill or even 100 mill to spend this season so we need to be prudent. Having said that we dont need another 100 mill IMO to get top 4 next season, which is the aim

Wingers and CMs are what we need, plus a LB (conti and abate/abate will do)

You have no idea what our budget is and you're the type of guy that would've believed that article that claimed we only have a 50 mil budget last year.

Just stop it please.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Financial Fairplay 2.0

Neymar for £200m, Virgil van Dijk for £75m. Financial Fair Play doesn’t seem to be working in its current form and that’s why UEFA are set to vote on new plans to overhaul the system.

Managers have complained that clubs like Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain are being subsidised by entire countries and making it impossible to compete on a level playing field in the transfer market.

“For me, it is the consequence of the ownerships that have completely changed the whole landscape of football in the last 15 years,” Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said of the Neymar deal. “Once a country owns a club, everything is possible.

[...]

In the new format, PSG’s €420m splurge on Neymar and several other stars would have to be offset by €320m in player sales as UEFA want to set a limit of €100m difference between expenses and income for clubs per year.

[...]

In many ways, Financial Fair Play 2.0 has arrived too late. The transfer boom has already happened. We are experiencing hyperinflation in the market and even defenders are being signed for eye-watering sums.

Manchester City have acted intelligently to prepare for what could be a truly transformative moment in the history of football. Pep Guardiola has lowered the age of his squad and tied down players onto long-term contracts now.

[...]

Interesting... a club's trasnfermercato can't have a bigger difference between purchases and sales of -100M if this comes through.

Suddenly an obscure Qatari club buys some fodder PSG player for 100 mil :lol:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, Depay has shown he sucks at a big club once. Pavon hasnt had that chance...yet.

Sucking at Man United means nothing these days. Lingard, Rashford, Martial

all these players are beyond inconsistent. They shine and look great in games, as often as they are non existent. Also Mourinho has managed to make everyone play like shit

This is why Id be willing to give depay another try because the toxic atmosphere at man u currently is not allowing anyone to develop and every player looks shittier than they used to before they went there

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are we really into him or the media is throwing random names?

Depay is 2 years older than Pavon, it is a great difference when we're talking about young players. Depay has attitude and discipline issues, technically he is fine, but I think he will be the next Balo - great feet, zero brain.

2 years older with 5 more years of experience??

depay could cost us higher than pavon, and if i have to choose between pavon and depay, i would choose pavon, maybe because i think he will try harder to prove himself in europe, depay already had that chance
pavin is younger and more promising, you cant compare both of them, depay is older and already played in europe

If depay really does cost that much than i wouldnt want him here either. 30mil or less might be okay though

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't take those words as confirmation of him staying. He doesn't want to lower Kalinic' marketvalue by basically putting him on the mercato. Especially if there's more truth in the mercato-rumours about China or Leverkusen being interested.

Kalinic could leave us. Suso too, but it depends more on him than on F&M. Maybe Raiola will finally be able to bring Donna away, but it will only happen under our circumstances. Thanks god we have already a good back-up lined in Reina. Berto will return and then be sold right away I guess. Mauri will leave too I think. Bacca leaving is almost a certainity after what he said last night. Antonelli could also leave since he's barely used despite being fit. And finally Musacchio won't stay here to be 4th choice CB I guess.

I think, the sales who will bring us the money needed if we don't manage to qualify for CL will mostly come from Suso and Donna. The other ones can't be sold for barely any remarkable profit or are obligations who have been already taken into account last year so it won't really help to balance the books.

Suso around 40m release clause (if he decides to leave)
Donnarumma 50-60m
Kalinic around 20m
Niang money that Torino owe for the obligation.
Bacca 15m max if we are lucky
Bertolacci 10m max if we are lucky.
Antonelli and Abate will leave for nothing.
One or two of Zapata, Musacchio, Gomez will leave. I would figure each of those CBs are worth at minimum 10m in value.
Maybe Bonaventura if we end relations with Raiola. Probably no more than 25-30m value.

They should have some money to play around with depending on what they decide.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso on Gattuso training - "His workouts are too hard and I hear him screaming every second in the field which makes them even harder. When I play a half on his side toward the bench I hear him screaming for 45 minutes, I prefer the other 45 minutes. Obviously I'm joking, or tomorrow he'll make me run for an hour"

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Loosing Suso will be ahrad blow for this team if it happens.

I still say Dzeko can be our cf as Cutro and Silva are young and for 2 years Dzeko can help a lot. And would cost reasonable money.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Financial Fairplay 2.0

[...]

[...]

[...]

All this could be fixed if they instituted a team salary cap on salaries like other sports and a cap or system on transfer spending. Like you have 50m to do what you please but the rest has to come from what you sell from your own players. Or something like that. It would definitely level the playing field. Or instituting more player trades and more emphasis on players signing as free agents for free when their contracts run out.

Last edited:

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Suso on Gattuso training - "His workouts are too hard and I hear him screaming every second in the field which makes them even harder. When I play a half on his side toward the bench I hear him screaming for 45 minutes, I prefer the other 45 minutes. Obviously I'm joking, or tomorrow he'll make me run for an hour"
Seems a little too articulated to be a joke, honestly. I understand different players prefer different management styles but Suso is not Isco, David Silva, Asensio, Mata, Thiago, Callejon etc to be acting like he even deserves to be a primma donna and telling the manager the sort of management style he prefers. If he doesn't like being shouted at, he should raise his level to world class and earn that priveledge.
Also, if he wants to level, he should just leave. There is no point in keeping player who don't want to be a part of the project.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seems a little too articulated to be a joke, honestly. I understand different players prefer different management styles but Suso is not Isco, David Silva, Asensio, Mata, Thiago, Callejon etc to be acting like he even deserves to be a primma donna and telling the manager the sort of management style he prefers. If he doesn't like being shouted at, he should raise his level to world class and earn that priveledge.
Also, if he wants to level, he should just leave. There is no point in keeping player who don't want to be a part of the project.

One of these is not like the others....

Dude, if Suso says it's a joke, it's probably a joke. Maybe he just isn't funny? He's a footballer, not a comedian after all.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I am strongly opposed to a salary cap or maximizing net spend in a transfer window to a certain flat amount. Having a salary cap makes leagues like the MLS for example never able to go to the next level. They can’t invest in enough top players to raise the level high enough, because top players require top salaries. And having a max net spend of a certain amount penalizes those clubs who have built their streams of revenue up through good business decisions, or reduces the business incentives for new owners to come in and invest up front for long term gain. In our case it would be very difficult to bridge the gap to the top of we had a max net spend of 100m per season. We need higher sums in the initial rebuilding phase before we taper off, but 100m buys you two prospects these days or one WC player and a unproven youngster.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma

He's joking man. Suso has always shown love for Milan.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso around 40m release clause (if he decides to leave)
Donnarumma 50-60m
Kalinic around 20m
Niang money that Torino owe for the obligation.
Bacca 15m max if we are lucky
Bertolacci 10m max if we are lucky.
Antonelli and Abate will leave for nothing.
One or two of Zapata, Musacchio, Gomez will leave. I would figure each of those CBs are worth at minimum 10m in value.
Maybe Bonaventura if we end relations with Raiola. Probably no more than 25-30m value.

They should have some money to play around with depending on what they decide.

Yeah the thing with those numbers is that you have to facture in on what price we bought them. For example if we sold Kalinic for 20M it actually would balance our investment of 20M. So no money earned here. At least not in the books. On the other hand, Donnarumma was purchased for 500K, so if we sold him for 70M we basically made a 70M profit. Or Suso who's been paid low and over the years our investment in his card should be amortised, would also bring mostly profit no matter what's his clause. Musa again has just arrived for 18M last year, if we sold him now for 12-15M it will result in a loss I guess.

Then I don't know if the obligations have already be factured in the balance sheets of this season or if it will be factured in the balance sheets of next season. For example Kalinic is on loan, so if we keep hin that's already 20M from our next transfer budget taken away.

So yeah what I'm basically trying to say is that in your list you're talking about cash and cash only. However there are balance sheets and UEFA with FFP to be pleased too so we have to take into consideration how much profit or loss we make with each sale before guessing how much budget we'll have.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am strongly opposed to a salary cap or maximizing net spend in a transfer window to a certain flat amount. Having a salary cap makes leagues like the MLS for example never able to go to the next level. They can’t invest in enough top players to raise the level high enough, because top players require top salaries. And having a max net spend of a certain amount penalizes those clubs who have built their streams of revenue up through good business decisions, or reduces the business incentives for new owners to come in and invest up front for long term gain. In our case it would be very difficult to bridge the gap to the top of we had a max net spend of 100m per season. We need higher sums in the initial rebuilding phase before we taper off, but 100m buys you two prospects these days or one WC player and a unproven youngster.

MLS players make close to nothing though and and the bar is just set so low for that league to start with.

Most of the other top sports in the US use that system and they make salaries way higher than football players. We complain about Donnarumma making 6m a year when that's nothing in the US. That's what your average run of the mill player makes in the NBA for example. When you say 100m buys you 1 or 2 players, that should be the point. If you level the playing field, you won't have these clubs built with star player in each position like the Real Madrids, PSGs, Man Citys try for. You'll have to work just as hard on your scouting and homegrown players to develop. You also won't have these star players asking for enormous salaries if they want to keep their teams competitive. They would have a max. It would make leagues more fun to watch instead of watching the same few clubs winning their leagues all the time. It also gives the midtable and smaller clubs a real chance at keeping their star players instead of having to sell them off.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

arrivederci.gif

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Suso seems to be the likeliest player to depart this summer, imo.

A few too many mentions by him and mirabelli to suggest otherwise

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli (to milannews): "Donna will not leave unless he asks to. Suso has a clause, and it was he and his agent who requested one. We will not put him on the market ourselves. It was their specific request to have a clause. We are talking to Romagnoli's agent for a renewal. We want him to stay with us for a long while."

Honestly he's not irreplaceable. He's been below average all of 2018 thus far.

If this was Galliani post 2007 era, I would say keep him knowing that we will 1000% sign a replacement that is 3times as shit. However I have hope that this management would replace him with someone that is faster and more useful for the team.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lucci does not go after money. Suso seems to be happy. There are no problems with this specific clause. If the player wants to leave then let it be.

Yes and McDonalds makes and sells burgers out of love. Not for the money

If this was the case, he wouldn't have much of a business. Or any significant clients for that matter.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes and McDonalds makes and sells burgers out of love. Not for the money

If this was the case, he wouldn't have much of a business. Or any significant clients for that matter.

The smile it brings to a chunky kid's face is enough reward.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
As far as the Suso thing is concerned there have been a series of events that have taken place over the last few weeks that have pissed me off.

1. Announcing to the world that he has a 40 Million release clause before the second Arsenal game.

2. Mirabelli announcing that Suso needs to want to be part of the project for him to stay here.

3. Joking really candidly that Gattuso is too hard in training and matches.

It seems like a reaction for him not being selected for the Spain squad after 2 decent seasons. Maybe the Spanish coach just doesn't watch the serie A because there are not enough Spanish players in teams that Milan faces on a weekly basis.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso clearly added the release clause to have an easy way out of Milan if necessary and/or to force a negotiation about a new contract at the end of this year. I'm sure if the team and player want a stay they will re-negotiate the contract. Doesnt suso make as much as Kalinic right now? So technically he should get paid more regardless.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be honest Suso is quite limited and his end product is not great. He will be 25 soon, so there's not much room for improvement from now on.
I will be fine if we sell him for 40 m and get Pavon and Bernard from Shakhtar (big wage, as he is out of contract) for this money.
The real question is whether we will have a lot of money to spend and we will be able to cover the needed positions or not. Guess it's too early to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule