The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I really like what I read from Pioli and Leao today. In fact, it makes me think that we are lucky to have Pioli as our coach, he is the right man for this moment and I say this because after a couple of bad results you instantly start to doubt his capacities.

But what Pioli says in press conferences is often on point and he brings people like me back to reality and to remain positive and to trust the process. Because in truth, its been only one full year of real stability at the club. I haven't seen this harmony in ages.

Then you have to consider that we don't really have many stars in the team. We have a lot of potential world class players, but they too are evolving as is the club. I would like to see this project with Pioli stay for at least another 3 years and with time to add some super players along the way. I trust our management thinks the same way and I just hope that this vision pays off.

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
I understand why Vulture is shitting on Calabria....but I don't agree with it.
Essentially Calabria is going through a good patch of form.
Same as Romagnoli had earlier in the season.

However Calabria is not an A-grade dribbler. He's not taking free kicks. He's not fast.
So when things change a bit, he can struggle again...and the same ppl praising him will resume shitting on him. Just look at the number of ppl shitting on Roma.

Essentially, and I don't want to put words in his mouth (no homo) but Calabria is agood player....but maybe not a great one.

Was Gattuso a great player? Or Inzaghi? Many people here said they were, but I don't remember Inzaghi being great dribbler Aor Gattuso tsking freekick for example.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
its probably all pioli skills - make same thing and talk about being positive ;)

anyway wonder how will summer transfer window looks like- many clubs needs investments but top clubs lost part of the incomes coming from matchday revenue. and for the top clubs its 100+ millions...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Football is a complimentary sport, you can't only have great beautiful players you need to find the balance between someone rugged and someone artistic.

What matter the most is how effective the player is and Calabria is a win no matter how you look at it. He plays with heart and soul, he is young and developing and he is not even bad technically. More importantly, he is on low wages and he is happy about it. He has to start if he keeps improving, every club needs this type of player. When Puyol retired, Barca were fucked.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I really like what I read from Pioli and Leao today. In fact, it makes me think that we are lucky to have Pioli as our coach, he is the right man for this moment and I say this because after a couple of bad results you instantly start to doubt his capacities.

But what Pioli says in press conferences is often on point and he brings people like me back to reality and to remain positive and to trust the process. Because in truth, its been only one full year of real stability at the club. I haven't seen this harmony in ages.

Then you have to consider that we don't really have many stars in the team. We have a lot of potential world class players, but they too are evolving as is the club. I would like to see this project with Pioli stay for at least another 3 years and with time to add some super players along the way. I trust our management thinks the same way and I just hope that this vision pays off.

*Pingu liked this post*

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Who in our current starting XI can play against the likes of Bayern Munich/Man City and win?

Ibra
Leao-X-X
Bennacer-X
Theo-X-Tomori-X
Donarruma

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Was Gattuso a great player? Or Inzaghi? Many people here said they were, but I don't remember Inzaghi being great dribbler Aor Gattuso tsking freekick for example.

Inzaghi the one who was scoring against Pools, Madrids and Barcas?

He was the most unpredictable poacher the football has seen, lol.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Who in our current starting XI can play against the likes of Bayern Munich/Man City and win?

Ibra
Leao-X-X
Bennacer-X
Theo-X-Tomori-X
Donarruma

We need more ball playing mens, looking at technique something like this:

Gigio
Calabria (because Kalulu still raw)-Alessio-Gabbia-Theo
Bennacer-Kessie (this one not that much)
Diaz-Hakan-Leao
Ibra

One of our biggest problems is that we still aren?t doing well with the ball compared to big clubs.

We’ve got some donkeys.

Last edited:

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score

However Calabria is not an A-grade dribbler. He's not taking free kicks. He's not fast.
So when things change a bit, he can struggle again...and the same ppl praising him will resume shitting on him. Just look at the number of ppl shitting on Roma.

Essentially, and I don't want to put words in his mouth (no homo) but Calabria is agood player....but maybe not a great one.

Difference between Calabria and Romagnoli is work rate

Calabria is much more ambitious than Alle who is lazy af.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Football is a complimentary sport, you can't only have great beautiful players you need to find the balance between someone rugged and someone artistic.

What matter the most is how effective the player is and Calabria is a win no matter how you look at it. He plays with heart and soul, he is young and developing and he is not even bad technically. More importantly, he is on low wages and he is happy about it. He has to start if he keeps improving, every club needs this type of player. When Puyol retired, Barca were fucked.

Have been saying this from the start of the season - he has made that position no longer a worry for the coach or management. You can relax about RB and look to other areas to improve.

Difference between Calabria and Romagnoli is work rate

Calabria is much more ambitious than Alle who is lazy af.

Romagnoli is not lazy - he is just a passive styled player and that maybe because he doesnt trust his physical abilities. The only instances where Romagnoli is aggressive is on offensive corners, every other occasion he plays too passively.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Have been saying this from the start of the season - he has made that position no longer a worry for the coach or management. You can relax about RB and look to other areas to improve.

Romagnoli is not lazy - he is just a passive styled player and that maybe because he doesnt trust his physical abilities. The only instances where Romagnoli is aggressive is on offensive corners, every other occasion he plays too passively.

:thumbsup: high press doesn't work well with him

Last edited:

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Kessie, Hakan,

Gigio
Diaz-Hakan-Leao
Ibra

One of our biggest problems is that we still aren?t doing well with the ball compared to big clubs.

We?ve got some donkeys.

I kind of disagree with Hakan and Kessie, I don't think they are difference makers or match winners against elite opponents (and I stress, against ELITE opponents). They do not have the potential to win CL trophies in my opinion.

Vulture is right about football IQ on the ball. We need players that are glued to the ball and don't lose it like a Verratti for example, as well as players that don't misplace passes and can carry the ball past a couple of opposing players before connecting a pass like a Kimmich.

I don't think we have that in this squad right now. This squad would not be able to compete in the later stages of the CL and I don't see the potential in some of our players to ever reach that level (including Hakan, Kessie, Calabria, Alessio, Samu, Rebic, etc.)

Uno Rossonero

Beginner
Reaction score

Gigio
Diaz-Hakan-Leao
Ibra

We?ve got some donkeys.

:thumbsup:

Players can learn a ?system? all they want, they?ll still be put into 1v1 situations and at this level should be able to adapt and think quickly. For example rebic (whom I love) can be somewhat clumsy at times it seems with the ball and it?s gonna cost us some chances.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Players can learn a ?system? all they want, they?ll still be put into 1v1 situations and at this level should be able to adapt and think quickly. For example rebic (whom I love) can be somewhat clumsy at times it seems with the ball and it?s gonna cost us some chances.

Sometimes he may be clumsy (especially when he is not physically fit). Other times he is extremely effective with the ball (and without it). Rebic is one of our best players, he is a starter for a strong NT like Croatia. Stop talking out of your asses.

Watch Theo's goal at Napoli last season. Look how good Rebic can be.

Why do people have to shit on someone, just to say that there is someone else who is better. Just work with what we have, Leao is elegant and that can be effective, but so can Rebic who is more aggressive. Its good that we have both.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I kind of disagree with Hakan and Kessie, I don't think they are difference makers or match winners against elite opponents (and I stress, against ELITE opponents). They do not have the potential to win CL trophies in my opinion.

Vulture is right about football IQ on the ball. We need players that are glued to the ball and don't lose it like a Verratti for example, as well as players that don't misplace passes and can carry the ball past a couple of opposing players before connecting a pass like a Kimmich.

I don't think we have that in this squad right now. This squad would not be able to compete in the later stages of the CL and I don't see the potential in some of our players to ever reach that level (including Hakan, Kessie, Calabria, Alessio, Samu, Rebic, etc.)

Of course you don't, you called Hakan Honda lol

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
the we run was good. now it?s time for a new one though

I have an idea

1min 5secs - 1min6secs.

( I looked but there wasnt a shorter vid or a gif available)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan to pass on Man Utd fullback Dalot

latest

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Romagnoli's good patch of form ended when he got injured in July last year. But he was never a good fit for a team that presses high.

Calabria has a good sense of where to be, defensively and offensively. And a pretty good technique. Good passer, good finisher. Overall a good versatile fullback who is skilled and smart enough to handle different roles.

Still, I'm not satisfied with him as starter.
I think Kalulu could be the ideal cross between a right-back and centre-back that we're lacking. They're both good at anticipating and intercepting passes, but Pierre is not as easily pushed around and beaten in the air as Davide. He's fast enough to recover when he's caught on the break. Fast enough to become an offensive threat, as he showed against Crvena. Fast and skilled enough to progress with the ball when opponents are good at blocking passing lanes. Not as selfish as Theo or Calabria once he gets into the final 3rd.

Davide is obviously the better RB for us at the moment, but I think Pierre will surpass him if he gets some continuity in that position.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As far as no.10s go... Hakan is closer to Honda than he is to dear Dejan.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
So many prolonged contract talks probably had a negative effect on the team's form. We were an entirely different team in 2020. Such a shame.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Romagnoli's good patch of form ended when he got injured in July last year. But he was never a good fit for a team that presses high.

Calabria has a good sense of where to be, defensively and offensively. And a pretty good technique. Good passer, good finisher. Overall a good versatile fullback who is skilled and smart enough to handle different roles.

Still, I'm not satisfied with him as starter.
I think Kalulu could be the ideal cross between a right-back and centre-back that we're lacking. They're both good at anticipating and intercepting passes, but Pierre is not as easily pushed around and beaten in the air as Davide. He's fast enough to recover when he's caught on the break. Fast enough to become an offensive threat, as he showed against Crvena. Fast and skilled enough to progress with the ball when opponents are good at blocking passing lanes. Not as selfish as Theo or Calabria once he gets into the final 3rd.

Davide is obviously the better RB for us at the moment, but I think Pierre will surpass him if he gets some continuity in that position.

Not disagreeing but Calabria does have his weaknesses and just like Roma was destroyed, I could see him easily getting burned/outmuscled in much the same way. I'm not as extreme as YF (see below) but he has some points.

I've seen forum extremists call him "our own Cafu" or something of the sort :lol:
Heeeeellll No. Calabria is great. He's gritty defensively. His technique, passing and shooting are good. (His shooting might be better than Cafu's). But he's no Cafu. Hell he's no Zambrotta either.

After a similarly great stretch as he's having now....I remember him having a torrid run of form. And that's what you can/should expect from the players with lesser ability. It might not be quite at the same level or range as Roma, but I think it's very similar.

yes he is very consistent in adding nothing to attack
also very consistent in being very weak wich will lead to goals regardless of how good he presses

what a player <3
I feel you bro. Don't agree totally but I feel you (n/h)
yea...think his words were that he is trash
I'll chalk that up to the tendency for ppl to gravitate towards hot takes and speak in superlatives on a forum of guys :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.