The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 26-01-2021, 04:36   #321
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

His only value now is defensive, maybe the injuries took a toll but he has regressed from last season.

He still consistently not only presses but seems to create actual turnovers as well, sometimes high up the pitch. But what’s really been pissing me off is how shitty his crossing has been, it’s been completely awful and you can see Ibra get frustrated with him even more than he typically does with others.

Last season, his dribbling was probably a bit underrated and he created a lot of chances with his crossing. Not entirely sure what happened, maybe he was in a good patch of form and we shouldn’t expect it. He often hits way too low and fails to beat the first man, or overcompensates and and over hits the ball. All over the place.

Alexis brings energy to RW also but to me seems to be more dangerous at understanding link up and spacing, he finds himself in good spots even when his dribbling or crossing is off, unlike samu. Crazy how much better he got
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 09:15   #322
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

The basics for a winger for a top 10 Serie A team are decent at:
- Dribbling
- Crossing
- Shooting

He's below average on all of them. How did he end up at Milan? Especially that he never produces a good cross. 90% of them don't even get to the first post. Like he's a small child with not enough power in his legs.

I legit miss Suso when i'm watching this guy. He produced a lot of crosses and shots.

Bring Thauvin this winter.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 11:38   #323
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva0172 View Post
He's below average on all of them. How did he end up at Milan? Especially that he never produces a good cross. 90% of them don't even get to the first post. Like he's a small child with not enough power in his legs.
His crosses haven't been as good lately, but Leao-Ibra-Diaz are also not as good at attacking them as Rebic-Ibra-Hakan.

He made 3-4 assists from crosses alone in like 7 games at the beginning of 2020, despite horrible finishing from Ibra at the time.

He's above average in that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva0172 View Post
I legit miss Suso when i'm watching this guy.
Then you have zero clue why we became a different side after the goalless draw against Sampdoria in January 2020.

You'll probably say "Ibra", as if the team hasn't played over 20 games without Ibra and won almost all of them.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 12:31   #324
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post

Then you have zero clue why we became a different side after the goalless draw against Sampdoria in January 2020.

You'll probably say "Ibra", as if the team hasn't played over 20 games without Ibra and won almost all of them.
No, it was just a statement to disrespect Samu.

Signature
San Paolo
Old 21-02-2021, 08:27   #325
nanook
Primavera Player

replay - https://i.imgur.com/FEX8qIP.gifv
nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:04   #326
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Imo showed his worth (for a reserve) in a couple of games recently, he is massively better against lower teams where he is at a slight skill advantage but decision making isn't as crucial as in top Serie A games.

Not sold on keeping him but deserves some positive mention.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 19:54   #327
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Imo showed his worth (for a reserve) in a couple of games recently, he is massively better against lower teams where he is at a slight skill advantage but decision making isn't as crucial as in top Serie A games.

Not sold on keeping him but deserves some positive mention.
I like his defensive approach, really helps the team but what bothers me is..he never takes a player 1-on-1. He always cuts inside and passes back. Same with most of the counters..he's got the Paqueta disease, instead of passing the ball forward, he does a few stepovers and passes back..
taura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:45   #328
Jivara
Forza Milan

Finally we got to see Samu away from that RW spot i always thought he would do better centrally or on the left.

He should play a bit more freely and its great when he is central because he presses so well and so regularly
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:46   #329
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Paqueta disease
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 20:48   #330
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
Finally we got to see Samu away from that RW spot i always thought he would do better centrally or on the left.

He should play a bit more freely and its great when he is central because he presses so well and so regularly
Wait what.. You thought he was good?

Signature
San Paolo
Old 07-03-2021, 20:53   #331
Jivara
Forza Milan

He played a really good game versus Hellas Verona
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 21:09   #332
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post

Agree.

His first months on the right flank was refreshing to see after years of Susoball. But it has become very predictable and uninspiring now to an extent where I think even he's bored of it.
He needs variation. In Villarreal they used to even deploy him as mezz'ala at times.
He may not have the physique, but he has the technique and tempo to survive outside right-wing island.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:50   #333
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

He has a decent skillset and is a hard worker overall, so I think people are a bit too harsh. But, it looks to me that what's missing from becoming a great player is that he's a bit of simpleton (Theo looks similar tbh )
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2021, 05:20   #334
Shadow47
Young Assassin

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery

i've had it with this guy. 100+ apps without a single significant improvements

but "he's just a sub, also defends and runs alot, we should give him a break"
Shadow47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 20:30   #335
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow47 View Post
i've had it with this guy. 100+ apps without a single significant improvements

but "he's just a sub, also defends and runs alot, we should give him a break"
Samu is true Milanisti drug war hero.

Who are you to disrespect him? Cocainho for life.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2021, 22:23   #336
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Samu is a childhood Milan fan?

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote