The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Zanetti was really good till he quit.

Also Di Natale, not really a star but one of the best league players.

Di Natale / Quags have been the Ibra for Udinese / Sampdoria

Zanetti sure. The other two? Both like 37-38 when Di Natale stopped and Quags is currently. Maybe Quags can play until he's 40 but we'll see if he has any kind of impact then like Ibra does now (and when he hits 40 soon). Their impact for their clubs is good, but not on the level Ibra contributes on and off the pitch.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Zanetti sure. The other two? Both like 37-38 when Di Natale stopped and Quags is currently. Maybe Quags can play until he's 40 but we'll see if he has any kind of impact then like Ibra does now (and when he hits 40 soon). Their impact for their clubs is good, but not on the level Ibra contributes on and off the pitch.

Yeah, agree... nobody really has the same magnitude of impact as Ibra.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Maldini was still the best defender alive by the time he was 40

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Maldini was still the best defender alive by the time he was 40

Players that are willing to slow down their physical decline with great discipline (especially if they are gifted genetically for this purpose) will likely peak around their 35 and they are still good until their joints and ligaments stop working properly.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I don't know how good of a decision that is for long term (life after retirement), didn't Maldini say his knees are fucked up now?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I don't know how good of a decision that is for long term (life after retirement), didn't Maldini say his knees are fucked up now?

He did, says he don't remember the 07 final because he was basically seeing double with all the painkillers.

Then again he competed in Tennis doubles in his late 40s, so I don't know what to think. Those guys are fit for life.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
He did, says he don't remember the 07 final because he was basically seeing double with all the painkillers.

Then again he competed in Tennis doubles in his late 40s, so I don't know what to think. Those guys are fit for life.

In an interwiev he said that playing tennis stresses his knees in an acceptable way but he can't play football anymore

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
I think it's fine. Puts pressure on him and away from Pioli and the rest of the team.

It?s a good point, we shouldn?t care about the validity of those views, as long as the team is written off as Ibra dependent or underestimated in any other way, it will play right into Milan?s hands

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Has there ever been a 40 y o that has played this good at that age? It's quite evident that Ibra is saving energy these days by not doing small things such as go to corners and collect balls like he used to. Which is completely understandable since he can't really run as much as he could before, but a part from that, all skills and football instincts is all there. To me, he seems to be much much better at heading at goal these days and even more of a threat in front of goal than he was before tbh (apart from penalties, he's been absolute dogshit in that aspect).

Luca toni

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Love this team

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Goran Pandev is 37 and scored a brace against Lazio the other day

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
But stats is only as useful as its user's willingness to adapt.

In this case, the main user will be Pioli.
Does Pioli has the willingness to adapt and use data as his main source of tactital change? I'm afraid such changes might only works for younger coach, maybe Julian Nagelsmann?

Does Milan have a data science division?

Pioli?s own son works in data department in Milan.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
@hakanc10 is among Europe's elite in Shot Creating Actions per 90 minutes across the 'top five' European Leagues.

EttRDTXWYAMOgsB

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But Al Ahli is not Qatar.

Argument it.

The top team in that league is worth less than the bottom team in Serie A. The league is worth less than Serie B.
It's basically the same as if he went to play in Serie C. :lol:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
@hakanc10 is among Europe's elite in Shot Creating Actions per 90 minutes across the 'top five' European Leagues.

EttRDTXWYAMOgsB

funny our management still think he is not worth more than 4.5 M salary.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The top team in that league is worth less than the bottom team in Serie A. The league is worth less than Serie B.
It's basically the same as if he went to play in Serie C. :lol:

Yes but he won?t get Serie C salary. Also its a 6 month loan. He seems to have problems with Rennes.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yes but he won?t get Serie C salary. Also its a 6 month loan. He seems to have problems with Rennes.

Yes, fitness issues and 1 goal in 420 minutes is a problem. I am sure he will do well in Saudi league, can't be much harder than Ligue 2 level. Then he will bang them in for Rennes next season.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What does salary have to do with anything? It's the level that he's playing at. And he couldn't get a loan to a club that's playing in a more competitive league?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gab marcotti is such a bastardo... our time in a little bit of sun hurts him so much.
fe1x7UcvQww

The pain in his face when he had to admit Milan still play well even when Ibra is out injured :lol: ouch...

Eh, you're getting Marcotti all wrong.
He's always sweating and looking distressed.

Bonetti is the moron who became the spokesperson for the PioliOut crowd and now he's trying to give all credit to Ibra, perhaps to avoid admitting how wrong he was.
Marcotti on the other hand defended Pioli from start and predicted that his counter-pressing would do wonders for Milan. I'm pretty sure he's rooting for Pioli against Conte.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Eh, you're getting Marcotti all wrong.
He's always sweating and looking distressed.

Bonetti is the moron who became the spokesperson for the PioliOut crowd and now he's trying to give all credit to Ibra, perhaps to avoid admitting how wrong he was.
Marcotti on the other hand defended Pioli from start and predicted that his counter-pressing would do wonders for Milan. I'm pretty sure he's rooting for Pioli against Conte.

That guy still around? I remember some years back, I commented on a discussion between him and a Jube guy (Adam Digby, I think) on twitter.
I said something like, I can't believe someone's paying you guys to talk about football.
Got instantly blocked by both. :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
According to Don Bolon, Milan thinks of the Barcelona attacking midfielder - Coutinho. On him there are also Tottenham, United and Arsenal. Milan studies the shot.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
What does salary have to do with anything? It's the level that he's playing at. And he couldn't get a loan to a club that's playing in a more competitive league?

giphy.gif

Better players than him chase money in less competitive leagues and others hold their current teams hostage instead of taking new / harder challenges elsewhere.

If he can get paid and thats of importance to him then props to him.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
https://media.giphy.com/media/Yq7ipSunx1YB2qQ5Sv/giphy.gif[/IMG
Better players than him chase money in less competitive leagues and others hold their current teams hostage instead of taking new / harder challenges elsewhere.

If he can get paid and thats of importance to him then props to him.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about quality here. If he had quality, then someone from the top 5 leagues would still be willing to pay his salary. It's not like he's making crazy money.
And players that's still have quality and chase money, usualy do so for 8 figures. Not "just" 3 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule