Week 23: Milan - Inter 21/02/2021 15:00 CET

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao did kill Inter in the first meeting, but Rebic should always start at LW if fit.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra
Rebic - Hakan - Samumakers
Kessie - Tonali
Theo - Romagnoli - Tomori - Calabria
Donna​

easy 3 points if Hakan has gotten rid of the rust

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Its insanely sad that one of Rebic & Leao hit t he bench while Sale start on the right.
How Maldini & Pioli miss such idiocy is beyond me.
I would be going crazy brainstorming trying to find a RW.
Kalu, Cala, Diaz, Hauge, Rebic, Leao, Dalot even fucking Dona's worthless brother would all be tried there in a hope to find a starter RW that could give some extra over Sale.

Last edited:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Drumma
Kalulu, Kjaer, Tomori, Romagnoli
Calabria, Tonali, Kessie, Theo
Calhanoglu
Ibrahimovic

1-0, Ibrahimovic (p.)​

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Game of the decade right here.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Probably lineup according to Sky:
EulqXKUXEAcJOw_

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This is what giving up looks like.

Rebic start even he can play only 45. Tomori start.

These things should be obvious :mb: by now.

Don't give up yet.

Kjaer and Leao have won us several games this season, why on earth they would be a burden in an important game is incomprehensible to me.

You're leading the charge on what is almost, noticeably shaping up to be cuntish and ungrateful fanbase.

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I think Rebic will start after the Red Star game. If Rebic played 90 minutes vs Red Star we would know that Leao being rested for Inter, but this did not happen.

As for the defence Romagnoli will need a rest one day too, he has played a lot with no rest, Kjaer on the other hand also has not been 100% fit in the last few games, often even being replaced in second half.

Tomori-Kjaer or Tomori-Romagnoli I have no problem for this game. I only know Tomori had a strong game vs Inter in Coppa.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Don't give up yet.

Kjaer and Leao have won us several games this season, why on earth they would be a burden in an important game is incomprehensible to me.

Huhu very funny.

You're leading the charge on what is almost, noticeably shaping up to be cuntish and ungrateful fanbase.

Alright I'll bite this.

I'll spell it out for you since I have no doubt u actually believe this daft statement. It's the crux of most of your posts here as well.

1) your definition of fandom, which is some sort of tribal allegiance is pretty meaningless to me. It's a pretty common definition around here but it adds no value whatsoever to any serious conversation. You come across as a Jehovah witness at a physics conference.

2) I am talking formation / player characteristics/ playing style. The more deadpan aspects of football, but the only things that are truly interesting about this sport.

Now if a very basic observation :mb: that rebic should start and tomori maybe a better option to go up against Lukaku is challenging your faith in humanity then thats too bad. But time to wrap your head around the fact that not everyone watches football for the same reasons.

/End rant

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alright I'll bite this.

I'll spell it out for you since I have no doubt u actually believe this daft statement. It's the crux of most of your posts here as well.

1) your definition of fandom, which is some sort of tribal allegiance is pretty meaningless to me. It's a pretty common definition around here but it adds no value whatsoever to any serious conversation. You come across as a Jehovah witness at a physics conference.

2) I am talking formation / player characteristics/ playing style. The more deadpan aspects of football, but the only things that are truly interesting about this sport.

Now if a very basic observation :mb: that rebic should start and tomori maybe a better option to go up against Lukaku is challenging your faith in humanity then thats too bad. But time to wrap your head around the fact that not everyone watches football for the same reasons.

/End rant

Good post. I don't feel perfectly captured exactly by that caricature of me, but I see what you mean. However I feel perfectly entitled to point out a trend, which is that many here are starting to lose belief in this team based mainly as an emotional reaction and then dressing it up with reason and rational criticism. Calling players who have delivered on multiple occasions this season liabilities. And for a fucking fact I think it's straight moronic or "daft" to claim Kjaer or Leao starting is comparable to conceding the game.

A good tactical choice in my view is starting Tomori exactly because it's an answer to what we fear from Lukaku. On the other hand our two slow CBs have completely picked apart good attacks over the course of the last 12 months.

And aren't you a Bayern Munchen fan or something?

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
However I feel perfectly entitled to point out a trend, which is that many here are starting to lose belief in this team based mainly as an emotional reaction and then dressing it up with reason and rational criticism.

There are many bitches here with bitch attitudes to which all they do is bitch. It's their nature

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Its insanely sad that one of Rebic & Leao hit t he bench while Sale start on the right.
How Maldini & Pioli miss such idiocy is beyond me.
I would be going crazy brainstorming trying to find a RW.
Kalu, Cala, Diaz, Hauge, Rebic, Leao, Dalot even fucking Dona's worthless brother would all be tried there in a hope to find a starter RW that could give some extra over Sale.
Maybe Pioli has already tested that in training and it didn't work???

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Good post. I don't feel perfectly captured exactly by that caricature of me, but I see what you mean. However I feel perfectly entitled to point out a trend, which is that many here are starting to lose belief in this team based mainly as an emotional reaction and then dressing it up with reason and rational criticism. Calling players who have delivered on multiple occasions this season liabilities. And for a fucking fact I think it's straight moronic or "daft" to claim Kjaer or Leao starting is comparable to conceding the game.

I'm asking for kjaer tomori start. Kjaer will always have my support since even at half fit he's our best defender.

Leao starting is a problem. Teams have begun to a play a high pressing game against us and they are targetting our left. This is the new reality of milan games. Starting leao leads to more of the same. Pioli needs a new plan.

Notice how I'm not saying sell leao or leao is cancer. He still has a role as an impact sub as vice ibra. And be is capable of changing the game.

Football results don't make me overly emotional and I never expected the scudetto. Top 4 is the only objective I care about. I've seen milan win two league trophies in my life and I never found either of them remotely as exciting as a hard fought Lyon vs milan round of 16.

And aren't you a Bayern Munchen fan or something?

Supposedly. More reason I don't represent the fandom and wouldn't get emotional about what's happening then, would I?

The username I've picked is actually a parody of overly emotional fans that roam this forum. The pessimistic ones but far more the ultra optimistic ones who say things like "10/10 mercato" , "Italian core", "support Juve for serie A coefficients" etc etc.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

As a LW, Leao is a burden in the defensive phase, which combined with Ibra and Theo is a recipe for disaster.
His offensive game is inconsistent and random, and his weak press is also weakening our offense.

I really hope Rebic starts this one because with him we look much more cohesive and energetic in all phases.
With Leao, you don't know what you'll get, and what you get will be decisive in some form.
In the last league derby we got to see his offensive game at it's best.
He'll probably start in this one as well. Hopefully it will be the Leao from that game and not Spezia.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As a LW, Leao is a burden in the defensive phase, which combined with Ibra and Theo is a recipe for disaster.
His offensive game is inconsistent and random, and his weak press is also weakening our offense.

I really hope Rebic starts this one because with him we look much more cohesive and energetic in all phases.
With Leao, you don't know what you'll get, and what you get will be decisive in some form.
In the last league derby we got to see his offensive game at it's best.
He'll probably start in this one as well. Hopefully it will be the Leao from that game and not Spezia.

I'd start Rebic too. I'm not worried about Leao being careless in the derby, in addition he has improved his defensive work ethic, I think even you have said it. Still a long way to go.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Just realised it's a daytime derby.

Biggest derby in years and its being played in the afternoon.

Well done ya morons �� ��

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Just realised it's a daytime derby.

Biggest derby in years and its being played in the afternoon.

Well done ya morons �� ��

Yes yes. Only epl has rights to corner the asian and Oceania markets by holding afternoon derbies (especially when there is no stadium audience). :rolleyes:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@SempreMilan
After the 2-0 loss to Spezia and the 2-2 draw against Red Star, Milan will face their biggest test of the season tomorrow, taking on Inter. The Rossoneri may have won the first leg, but a lot has changed since.

Stefano Pioli’s side have struggled a bit as of late and the derby is an excellent opportunity to bounce back, but also a risk as a loss would be devastating. Not only would they lose sight of first place, but they would be at risk for top four as well.

As confirmed on the official website, Milan will have their final training session this morning and this will give Pioli some important indications ahead of the games. The main battle at the moment seems to be between Ante Rebic and Rafael Leao.

Then, at 2 pm, the manager will answer the questions of the media at the usual press conference. That is the schedule of the team on the eve of the derby, which is the biggest one in several years.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
I am positive here, Pioli maybe preparing something with leao starting lw, but id still prefer rebic and leao rw, i cant stand saele/castil vs bastoni.
I hope team supermotivated and have decent fight.

Last edited:

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Leao should start because we don't need Theo to run upfront everytime. The winner team will be the most tactically disciplined one. No improvisation needed

Rebic will have some minutes in the second half and I am sure we will already be ahead.

Schedule