Rade Krunić Thread

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gazzetta: Freiburg had offered €8M to Milan for Krunic but he probably will not leave. Pioli intends to count on him.

Rade resta

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's so weird it seems Maldini and Pioli want to keep him for no reason?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
it makes no sense to sell him unless we bring someone else in; he's about league average good, decent work rate, versatile enough and on low wages afaik

in a 2 CDM formation: two of kessie, bennacer, tonali will start.
without krunic that's only 1 backup for a position that's prone to getting yellows. 1 injury away from panic

with 3 midfielder formations, the depth is a bit better because hakan/paqueta(if he stays) can fill one of the midfield positions

but it still doesn't hurt to have a solid bench player around that you can sub in whenever to protect the starters from 2nd yellows, fatigue etc

we should have a krunic for all positions

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's so weird it seems Maldini and Pioli want to keep him for no reason?

No reason?
The club tried to sell him without making a loss, and failed.
That's why he stays.

I'd say it's weird how unappreciated he seems or seemed to have been by the club and Pioli despite fulfilling his role as squad player.

This is a guy who benched Kessie at some point in a defensive mezz'ala role. He was vastly superior to Biglia as CDM in a double pivot system.
He was also preferred ahead of Paqueta as defensive impact sub for Hakan for both CAM and wide midfielder roles.
Those are 4 different roles, that aren't even optimal for him since he's usually the most advanced mid of a mid-3, and yet he outperformed the guys that were signed to become starters.
Sure, that also says something about how badly those 3 performed at those points, but Krunic did well for a backup.

A utility player on 1.1m net.
Why should the club try to get rid of him at all costs?
Keep him even if Baka arrives.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
sad he didnt score after samu(??) pass.
is there any other view of his shot or only one (because of shit italian production)??

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good game today, his ball control and short passing is actually quite good, he just doesn't have the magic you usually want to see in a CAM.

He is probably the best header in the squad, not only because of the goal.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nice to finally see him scoring. He's been close so many times for a limited amount of time on the pitch.

Yeah, he lacks the killer passes for that role.
You can really tell he's used to being the advanced mid of a trio, rather than a CAM or DM.
Hope he adapts.

Oh and TIL he's a Bosnian Serb.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Im starting to like him more and more.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I like him, too, he is solid and he played well in different positions. I'd be curious to see an interview with him telling us in which position from our system he feels most comfortable: DM, AM or LW.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'm not from the Balkans, however I've met a lot of ex-Yugos in Sweden and for some reason Rade seemed like the quintessential Bosniak, although his name is pretty neutral.
I was surprised when he did the sign of the cross against Celtic since I assumed he was Muslim or an irreligious Bosniak.
Then I looked it up and found out he's from Bosnia's Serbian minority.

Not that it matters. Personally though, I respect guys like him and Ljajic that went against the stream.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think it's very smart to not only let him find his feet at CM but also, like Pioli did last, to give him a run at AM. It's not that I prefer him to Diaz exactly, but if something happens to Hakan I think it's smart to have Diaz available in case of a Saelemaekers injury or suspension. Many potential scenarios can play out...

In addition Krunic adds a physicality that Diaz just can't.

I think he will become a player the fans had very low expectations to before the season, but that he will grow into a valued rotational player this season. After all he showed real promise at Empoli and has a lot to offer as a player when in form.

I still miss a true vice Kessie. Please sign a physical CM in january.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
x2j6TFp.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/VRs6Lkh.gifv

OPf6SKP.gif

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I like Krunic, he seems like a likeable person among the squad. As for his position I think he is AM, he even said that his style is similar to De Bruyne when he joined us and between him and Brahim I think he suits that role better whereas Brahim has more room to manoeuvre on the sides.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
&#55357;&#56908;&#55357;&#56908;&#55357;&#56908;

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He is just not optimal with our formation.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'm ok with him coming on for the last 20 minutes when we're comfortably leading, but I don't want to see him starting. He has no role in our 4231.

If we get an offer exceeding €6-7m, I wouldn't oppose a sale.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Dire. Needs to be sold, and until then only play as a winger/AM in the dying minutes if we're ahead. Does not fit in a 2-man mid ever nor works in this system we play.

Want him to succeed but he's shown very little lately while nearly everyone else has been great pretty much.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
2nd half he was better, less mistakes. I hope hes get minutes as starter when copa kick start. The less important matches.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If we can win with this guy in midfield it shows how good the other players are and their belief.

Always a pass away from a mistake and not good enough even for the bench at the moment.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
He show some improvement, almost score, almost an assist, and dribling like rebic lol

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good performance, glad he finally stepped up. Has no place in our midfield pivot though, only as a vice-Hakan maybe in Diaz' stead at times.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
So happy for Krunic, he was man of the match for me

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He should start against ManUtd