Ronaldinho Thread

So, how about Ronnie at the San Siro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Ronaldinho coming before the end of August if he comes at all because Galliani as already said that he will not be going to the Olympics if he was a Milan player.

Galliani also told Barca it is definately a loan or nothing with Milan paying afee of around 10-15 at the end of next season.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
DSM said:
I don't see Ronaldinho coming before the end of August if he comes at all because Galliani as already said that he will not be going to the Olympics if he was a Milan player.

Galliani also told Barca it is definately a loan or nothing with Milan paying afee of around 10-15 at the end of next season.

As much as i hope for that to happen, it doesn't make sense. Barca would need to sell Dinho in order to help them fund moves for other players. I don't think a loan deal would work for them unless they are really desperate and need to get him off the pay-role.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PATO and DINHO: present at Olympics

There are also the names of Ronaldinho and Robinho in the Brazilian footballers invited to the tournament Olympic Beijing 2008. The third non-quota chosen by coach Carlos Dunga and 'Thiago Neves for Fluminense, a finalist this year of more' important event for South American club, the Copa Libertadores. Here are the 18 selected:

PORTIERI:
Diego (Almeria-Spain), Renan (Internacional Porto Alegre);

DIFENSORI:
Marcelo (Real Madrid-Spain), Ilsinho (Shakhtar Donetsk-Ukraine), Rafinha (Schalke 04-Germany), Thiago Silva (Fluminense Rio de Janeiro), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Breno (Bayern Monaco-Germany);

CENTROCAMPISTI:
Lucas (Liverpool-England), Anderson (Manchester United-England), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Ronaldinho (Barcelona-Spain), Diego (Werder Bremen-Germany), Thiago Neves (Fluminense Rio de Janeiro);

ATTACCANTI:
Robinho (Real Madrid-Spain), Pato (Milan-Italy), Rafael Sobis (Betis Seville-Spain), Jo (Manchester City-England).

kinho

Beginner
Reaction score
Barca blocked him from Olympics. Really treating their formerly diamond well.. telling he's "not in their minds" and now this. Also with the president resigning on Thursday it seems like a mess in Camp Nou.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Huh?... i dont remember ever hearing anything about dinho NOT going to the olympics??

kinho

Beginner
Reaction score
it's, for example, on Barca's official site and Eurosport and so on.. new thing though.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
I dont get it really..... If everyone says that he is not fit then let him play and gain some fitness back. It benefits teh squad to buy and and also the ones to sell him.

I am so confused by this. Does anyone have an idea why they would do this?

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Maldini&Inzaghi said:
I dont get it really..... If everyone says that he is not fit then let him play and gain some fitness back. It benefits teh squad to buy and and also the ones to sell him.

I am so confused by this. Does anyone have an idea why they would do this?

i can see 2 views to why
1.(more likely) they simply wnt him back for pre season training to improve fitness, sort out squad etc
2. they know they are close to sellin him (hopfully to us) and wnt the situation resolved, ronnie goin to olympics would delay and slow the process

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
siatanhai said:
i can see 2 views to why
1.(more likely) they simply wnt him back for pre season training to improve fitness, sort out squad etc
2. they know they are close to sellin him (hopfully to us) and wnt the situation resolved, ronnie goin to olympics would delay and slow the process
If ronnie was about to sell, the deal was excepted to happen in those 2 weeks until 16 of july...if im right :conf:

nixon_the_bike_

Beginner
Reaction score
Ronnie has stated that it is very important to him to represent his country at the olympics. If this is true then I think the Barca move to block him may well be to force him into taking the offer on the table from Man City as AC have already stated that if he signs for you then he will not be allowed to go. Barca are now saying he cant go yet City have made it clear that not only can he go but we have also made it clear to Barca that we will pay there evaluation of the player. Barca are trying to force Ronnie into a decision as City have now given them a deadline after which we will withdraw our interest officially and move on to other matters. With yourselves now being linked with Adebayor and your chairman stating he is your first choice ahead of Ronaldinho I would be surprised if this isnt now all coming to an end and Ronnie is going to be on his way to Manchester. As previously with this Saga we will all have to wait and see I suppose !

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Maldini&Inzaghi said:
I dont get it really..... If everyone says that he is not fit then let him play and gain some fitness back.
In any case its not good to play unfit player. Not only he will perform worse (why taking him to olympics anyway, to holidays?) but the risk of injury is much bigger. Ronaldinho unfit AND injured would be disaster in compare with 'just' unfit ronnie :)

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
nixon_the_bike_ said:
Ronnie has stated that it is very important to him to represent his country at the olympics. If this is true then I think the Barca move to block him may well be to force him into taking the offer on the table from Man City as AC have already stated that if he signs for you then he will not be allowed to go. Barca are now saying he cant go yet City have made it clear that not only can he go but we have also made it clear to Barca that we will pay there evaluation of the player. Barca are trying to force Ronnie into a decision as City have now given them a deadline after which we will withdraw our interest officially and move on to other matters. With yourselves now being linked with Adebayor and your chairman stating he is your first choice ahead of Ronaldinho I would be surprised if this isnt now all coming to an end and Ronnie is going to be on his way to Manchester. As previously with this Saga we will all have to wait and see I suppose !

i cant see r10 going to city. he already stated in public that he does not want to join them as well as he said that he would love to play at milan. that he isnt going to the olympics can IMO only mean he will be sold before they start.

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i just read that laporta isnt going to resign tomorrow. he wants to finish´his term, i think until 2010 when the next election will be held.

that maybe makes it easier for us to bring dinho here .

nixon_the_bike_

Beginner
Reaction score
DiMilan said:
i cant see r10 going to city. he already stated in public that he does not want to join them as well as he said that he would love to play at milan. that he isnt going to the olympics can IMO only mean he will be sold before they start.

You will not be able to find a single quote from Ronnie saying he doesnt want to come to City, he has been very careful about this as he is fully aware that it may well be the case so why alienate the fans. I would agree that he would probably prefer Milan but all comments have come from his brother (who massages his ego) and others around him. Ronaldinho to Milan is a big story and gets the coverage however none of the media like to admit that little old city may be on the brink of developing into a very good team.

I wonder if he has spoken to Big Phil at all as he states in his press conference yesterday when asked, that Ronnie would not be going to Chelsea but in fact would be coming to England ?. As the only serious bidder in this that would suggest he'll be at City with his close pal Jo after the olympics finish ?

Scholari said:
One who appears unlikely to join is Ronaldinho, the Barcelona player who was part of Scolari's 2002 World Cup-winning Brazil team. "We have some players in this position," Scolari said. "I think Ronaldinho goes to another club in England."
Full Article

nixon_the_bike_

Beginner
Reaction score
DiMilan said:

He does seem a bit of a liability your fella doesnt he lol. Thing is if he truly believes that then how does he think Ronnie will feel when he's agreed to work for around 50% of what he could earn with us only to then have to listen to your guy follow up with "Its either Ronaldinho or Adebayor but not both and we would prefer Adebayor". You need to get a gag on Galliani he's making a very proud and respected football club look desperate and stupid at times !

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
nixon_the_bike_ said:
He does seem a bit of a liability your fella doesnt he lol. Thing is if he truly believes that then how does he think Ronnie will feel when he's agreed to work for around 50% of what he could earn with us only to then have to listen to your guy follow up with "Its either Ronaldinho or Adebayor but not both and we would prefer Adebayor". You need to get a gag on Galliani he's making a very proud and respected football club look desperate and stupid at times !
He has been in the same position for around 21 years. I do not know however if has always made these quotes.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Ronaldinho to Man City would be a smart move, about the same as Shevchenko to Wigan Athletic.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Billy_69 said:
Ronaldinho to Man City would be a smart move, about the same as Shevchenko to Wigan Athletic.

simply cnt have the former best player in the world and possible future best player play for manchester city - no disrespect, i know they developing and becoming 'bigger' but it doesnt happen overnight, that is why i think R10 hasnt gone, he wnts to be playing for a 'superclub' even though he may miss out on CL for a year (no more hopfully)

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Ignoring club orders to stay at training and get fit - what a pro. :o

Seriously Milan should run a million miles from this guy, if the squad has as strong a team spirit as it is claimed by some, he will destroy it just like he did at Barca.

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tsar said:
Ignoring club orders to stay at training and get fit - what a pro. :o

Seriously Milan should run a million miles from this guy, if the squad has as strong a team spirit as it is claimed by some, he will destroy it just like he did at Barca.

you wanted to say we should run a million miles for this guy.
we actually have a strong team spirit and no one is going to destroy it. dinho got destroyed by barca and rijkaard. he was their former idol, because of him barca won the CL in 2006, remember?

he still is a pro and will always be one of the best players. even hes not in good shape he is still a lot better than most of the other players around.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
I'm fully aware of Ronaldinho's past ability, i've seen him play in the flesh during his prime a little over 3 years ago - best player i've seen live, ever. However i've also seen the worst of him, Barca do me the pleasure of coming to my home town each year for Summer training. Last year I saw the tantrums, standing around, last to turn up first to leave attitude close up. I can say with certainty that he is finished, and its not just tabloid and Barca bashing, he has fallen that much that quickly.

Honestly Milan would do best to stay clear of him, he's more trouble than he's worth.

nixon_the_bike_

Beginner
Reaction score
Sorry I cant read italian. can someone confirm that it is Ronnie who actually says he is going to the olympics with Brazil and wants to play for Milan ? If that is the case then I concede defeat and instead of waiting for the deadline we set we should pull out of the deal now and concentrate on Gattuso (From a City point of view of course, and the Gattuso thing is a strong rumour that we may be considering asking if he's got a price )

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
nixon_the_bike_ said:
Sorry I cant read italian. can someone confirm that it is Ronnie who actually says he is going to the olympics with Brazil and wants to play for Milan ? If that is the case then I concede defeat and instead of waiting for the deadline we set we should pull out of the deal now and concentrate on Gattuso (From a City point of view of course, and the Gattuso thing is a strong rumour that we may be considering asking if he's got a price )
He's quoted as saying this in Spanish + Catalan press also.

Gattuso? I'd be surprised, he has on several occasions in the past expressed a desire to play for Man Utd some day. Mind you that can be added to the list of Boca Juniors and Rangers.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think he just messed up Inter and Milan again. Inter should run away from that kind of players since even lesser egos are enough to destroy... well if there's anything to destroy. Milan so far is different story, after a very bad season players are still backing carlo and i dont see anyone important leaving for UCL or any other reason (so far). Barca had better year but their team is falling apart... surely because of ronaldinho :)

Not that i like superstars like ronnie became in last 3 years but I think ditching ronaldo end getting ronaldinho would keep our 'status' even. But getting Ade on top of that would be risky. On loan Sheva might be the best option now :)

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
nixon_the_bike_ said:
Gattuso recently had a big meeting with both Galliani & Carlo, it was decided he will finish his career at Milan

adieet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hope he's comin....
and finished career in milan with kaka . lol :D :D
go away adebayor... :head: :head: .. got boriello .. lol :D

nixon_the_bike_

Beginner
Reaction score
DSM said:
Gattuso recently had a big meeting with both Galliani & Carlo, it was decided he will finish his career at Milan

Thats a shame I know there was some interest within the club but as I said I think it was likely to be a more tentative approach over whether it was even worth persuing. from what you say it most likely wouldnt be. Pity he would have been one of the bigger pieces of the jigsaw we are trying to finish.

(Dont suppose you fancy taking Bianchi off us do you ? seems a nice bloke and a good prospect but just doesnt seem to like england by all accounts !)

Schedule