Milan try to lure Buffon...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani: “He [Dida] put in a superb performance against Barcelona on Wednesday. I wish the newspapers were as keen to talk about his brilliance as they were about his less good moments." (Football Italia)

THANK YOU.

God, there may be hope for Old Baldie after all.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Galliani: “He [Dida] put in a superb performance against Barcelona on Wednesday. I wish the newspapers were as keen to talk about his brilliance as they were about his less good moments." (Football Italia)

THANK YOU.

Baldie isn't as stupid as I've always thought. :D
Forza Dida.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
At last Galliani said something logical :D

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
If Milan is going to splash a lot of money on Buffon, I won't agree.. It's better to have Dida..

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
BMWTaylor said:

THANK YOU.

I agree with you 100% i think that every goalkeeper goes through a bad phase ... so why hold it agianst them.. Dida proved decisive in alot of games this season .. and yes he had made mistakes he is only human.. Milan should focus on fidning out why? and whats been causing his inconsisteny this season rather then be looking for a new keeper allthough we will need one next season i guess its a precaution that they are taking !!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Given the title of the thread, I guess I'll mention this here. From eurosport.com:

Juventus star Gigi Buffon, the world's most expensive goalkeeper, admitted on Saturday that he had placed bets on sporting events, but denied he acted outside the limits of the law.

Buffon was subjected to an interview with public prosecutors on Saturday following revelations about irregularities within the Italian game during the week.

"It is true that I placed a few bets, but only where it was allowed," explained the Juventus goalkeeper in the Turin magistrate's office today.

"I stopped in the autumn of 2005, when it was banned for players to gamble. I have always respected the rules, both legal and disciplinary. I only ever bet on foreign football and other sports, because in Italy I was not allowed to do anything else."

Buffon is just one of a number of current players and officials who are thought to be embroiled in the latest scandal to hit the Italian game.

The former Parma 'keeper is thought to have been involved in a betting ring whilst he was at Parma, and the allegations could not only affect his chances of going to the World Cup, but also his team's preparations for the summer's tournament.

In Italy, it is legal for players to bet through internet sites on overseas football, but at the start of the season, to avoid any misinterpretation of the law, all players were banned from placing bets on any sport.

Schedule