The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 15-08-2005, 12:37   #81
Gilardino Jr
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGasTeR
no, but he was, 2-3 years ago.
ok Rui Costa is Good though should be on starting team
Gilardino Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 04:55   #82
Dil dil
Banned

Fav. Players: All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi

Source: Football Italia

Carlo Ancelotti will keep many of the players who excelled in Istanbul when Milan face Lecce, including Manuel Rui Costa and Dario Simic.

“The more quality a player has, the more he suffers at being left out. Rui Costa is one of these examples,” explained the tactician. “If he is always ready to impress, the credit has to go to his talent and professionalism. His teammates all appreciate him for those qualities.”

The Portuguese star has barely set foot on the field this season, but Kaka’s injury during the first half of Wednesday’s 4-0 thrashing of Fenerbahce opened the door for a good performance. Rui Costa will have the chance to build on that against Lecce this evening, as the Brazilian remains sidelined with a bruised hip.

“Gennaro Gattuso also picked up an injury in Istanbul, though I hope he can recover in time. I haven’t decided the front two either, as Andriy Shevchenko’s status is under review and Christian Vieri has a muscular problem.”

Marek Jankulovski and Johann Vogel are challenging to replace Gattuso in midfield, while either Alessandro Nesta or Paolo Maldini will be rested so that Simic and the returning Jaap Stam can start in defence.

“Stam is fit and has fresh legs, so he could play in the centre. Simic was precise and focused throughout the Champions League game, but above all I was impressed by his character.”

Milan fell five points adrift of Serie A leaders Juventus with last week’s defeat to Fiorentina and must get back on track against relegation strugglers Lecce.

“They are a very pacey team, especially now that Axel Konan and Mirko Vucinic have rediscovered their form,” warned Ancelotti. “We played some good quality football in Florence, even if we shot ourselves in the foot with a few errors. We need to learn how to keep a game in the balance, as we can strike at any time.”
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 06:50   #83
halfblackwinner
National Team Player

Fav. Players: KAKA, GOURCUFF!

i believe in rui doing the job when kaka is out. rui is a great player with lots of experience! he will cover it up for kaka... anyway ricky needs a serious rest too. so just let rui do the job for the time being!
halfblackwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 11:44   #84
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

When does he retire? Anyone...?

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 12:02   #85
Lo Tsar
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dman
When does he retire? Anyone...?
It was meant to be last summer, but he changed his mind and will stay for another 2 seasons I think.
Lo Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 11:33   #86
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

RUI COSTA: 'Not much difference with Juve

MILANELLO - Rui Costa concluded with a thought on the title race: 'We doing well, we've won three in a row and won the top-of-the-table clash. I think it will be decided right at the end. Juve are doing well, they are top but I don't see much difference. We are two great sides but there is also Inter, it's too early to decide. We have different qualities compared to the Bianconeri: we have a lot of players with the technical ability and we all look to help the side. We are not a side that turns it on and then becomes guarded. In Turkey, for example we were winning 4-0 and even though we were ahead we continued to look for another goal.'

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:26   #87
Anderson Lima
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini & Nesta

He didn't celebrate goal? I heard he was unhappy? All I can say.. I understand him and I can't blame him. Now he get a chance but after Kaka's injury. Where's Ancelotti trust in him month ago? I don't wanna say he have to be regular or replace Kaka, no way, but to play Kaka in every match(and that tire him, I can see that and it's obviusly, no one can play every 3 days).. and don't give him a chance.. . Player rotation? He isn't player for just Coppa Italia , man.. he's still class.
Consider that all. To coach Milan isn't so easy, just try to understand all players..
Anderson Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 17:43   #88
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Tsar
It was meant to be last summer, but he changed his mind and will stay for another 2 seasons I think.
Truth is, he suites the benchwarmer for Kaka position.

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 13:49   #89
halfblackwinner
National Team Player

Fav. Players: KAKA, GOURCUFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dman
Truth is, he suites the benchwarmer for Kaka position.
yeah...

well i sorta pity him though, i mean.. he is kept as a subsitute for kaka all along.. who would like that feeling alot? and only when ricky's out, then he gets to play.. i won't feel good too.. but all players will end up like that one day... ):
halfblackwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2005, 09:41   #90
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilardino Jr
ok Rui Costa is Good though should be on starting team
yes i think that he deserve place in first 11

Signature
Bulgarian fan site of AC Milan
http://acmilan-bg.com http://acmilan-bg.com
Here you will find a lot of pictures, news, videos and so on.
FORZA MILAN
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2005, 10:03   #91
mzk57
Banned

Fav. Players: *JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*

I honestly think that Rui Costa should leave AC Milan. Not because he is as bad player but only because he is a great player yet he has to wait for matches just like the legendary Jon Dahl Tomasson did. Plus it even hurts more ppl like me & Rui Costa that a legend is out & idiots & stupids like Dida & Gattuso are in 1st choice team. Plus Rui replacing Kaka in 1st choice team, I donot think so. The best thing for himis now to sign for big porteges clubs like Porto or Benfice to have a further career of atleast 3 years because if he stayed at Milan for a couple of more season then he would be somthing like 35-36 so no club would take a risk to sign him even in Portugal so its the best time for him to leave in January transfer window. Good luck Rui!
from my book
"its my life mzk"
chapter Rui Costa
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2006, 17:45   #92
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57
I honestly think that Rui Costa should leave AC Milan. Not because he is as bad player but only because he is a great player yet he has to wait for matches just like the legendary Jon Dahl Tomasson did. Plus it even hurts more ppl like me & Rui Costa that a legend is out & idiots & stupids like Dida & Gattuso are in 1st choice team. Plus Rui replacing Kaka in 1st choice team, I donot think so. The best thing for himis now to sign for big porteges clubs like Porto or Benfice to have a further career of atleast 3 years because if he stayed at Milan for a couple of more season then he would be somthing like 35-36 so no club would take a risk to sign him even in Portugal so its the best time for him to leave in January transfer window. Good luck Rui!
from my book
"its my life mzk"

chapter Rui Costa
Do you think all the players should leave Milan except Tomasson ??

At least, Rui Costa's pass is the best in Milan !

Another reason is that Rui Costa's birthday is March, 29. Me too

By the way, why do you post most of the thread that against Milan while support Juventus ???? Do you come here only want to bother everyone ?

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html

Last edited by Yuchen Li; 24-01-2006 at 17:50.
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 15:15   #93
TheGrinch
World Cup Winner

Is it true that Rui Costa played as central defender when he won the junior world championship?
Just read it on wikipedia...and i can't really imagine!

Signature
The next champion for Galliani - coming soon in golden letters on acmilan.com!
TheGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2006, 20:30   #94
gahanthegod
violator

Fav. Players: Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.

He is a very different type of player from Kaka, but he is a benchwarmer for Kaka, as it was said before.
In different variatons, he can play with Kaka too.
Kaka can play at the right flank, etc..
gahanthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 22:53   #95
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Sometimes i always think what if Kaka + Rui Costa play at the same time ???? I think this is a good idea, because Kaka is fast + dribbling + shoot and Rui is good pass + control. If these 2 players can play at the same time, they will create a lot of chances to our strikers. The only problem is both Kaka and Rui are weak in defense, but if we can use Kaladze + Nesta + Stam + Simic, that means our defense can safe and strong enough, maybe it will slove this problem.

What i want to say is maybe sometimes we can use Rui + Kaka, so our middle + striker will very strong, and our defenders don't need pay so much in attack like Serginho.

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 11:12   #96
tmilan
Marius

Fav. Players: Chiricheș
Default Happy birthday Manuel!

Today it's Rui Costa's birthday! I hope Milan celebrate with a win vs Lyon.

BUON COMPLEANNO RUI!
29/03/2006
Tanti affettuosi auguri di buon compleanno a Manuel Rui Costa, che oggi compie 34 anni.
tmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 12:09   #97
Roksana
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc

Congratulations great Rui!
Roksana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 13:07   #98
Hassan
Winning II

Fav. Players: Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!

Happy birthday Rui

Signature
Hassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 13:39   #99
ricky
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Gattuso, MvB, Ronaldinho, Henry, Maradona

Happy birthday Rui
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 14:23   #100
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!