who would you like to play against in the 2nd round

THeJaMmi1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
T be honest, i am wary of a few teams, the french teams are on a high, and are also underdogs therefore i dont want to play them, id rather play against real madrid or bayern munich; at least they have terrible defenses, and/or are in terrible form and are big clubs that milan concentrate more on and do not get complacent over.

Unfortunately Real madrid are out of the question, but bayern are a possibility. I wouldnt like toplay Stuttgart either as there young side has no fear and has a tight defense with tricksy players like Hleb and Kuranyi.

Reaction score
i agree with you french teams are strong this year but not only them.every team is dangerous they all play great look brugge,lyon monaco,lokomotiv,dinamo.so which ever team we get it wont be easy

THeJaMmi1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Angel...just looking back at the thread and wondering wehre i found it...

Introductions are not a place where on discusses champions league...

please post in the correct forums :)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
hmm its a tough question, Milan do play better against strongest side
but hey my heart is always beating hard when we play no matter who
cause we are not side who wins games more than 1 goal difference
So I think, who ever we get, it will be very hard!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
.Once we have qualified for knock outs.It really does not matter who the opponents are.We will have to play well to win.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zorro said:
ambrosiana (inter milano)

I think there will be no same-country pairings in the first K.O. round...

And yea... no Stuttgart (hope they'll end up top of the table in their group :devil2:)...

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
And yea... no Stuttgart (hope they'll end up top of the table in their group :devil2:)...

Stuttgart is really on fire right now... but i don't think they have the mentality... only big clubs like madrid, juve, mu and milan have that champions mentality...

And every clubs who'll play in knock off... really need good mentality

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
We will probably end up being in a group with Arsenal or Man U. I do fancy a matchup with Celtic though. :D

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hope Porto will beat REAL MADRID, so that we could draw them.
They are the easiset side to beat at this stage.

Their defence sucks BIIIIIIG TIME, Milan can score 5 or 7 goals against them with ease :devil2:

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
lets see which teams will qualify for the next stage...
Real Madrid is a team with great attacking palyers but the defense is too weak i dont know why they only buy offensive top-players, what about the defenders??? its their problem if they dont buy any top defenders, Real Madrid plays totally different soccer than Milan, Real is into attack and can attack like no other team on earth but the defense is like a second division squad...

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
We are garuanteed top spot now, so, we have a possibility of getting Manchester United, which to be honest i will be happy with. Sir Alexs and his crappy youth policy will be no match for Milan.

----------------------Howard----------------------
----Neville---Ferdinand--Silvestre---O'Shea---
---Ronaldo------Keane---Butt/P.Neville-Giggs-
---------------Forlan------------------------------
---------------------------Van Nistelrooy--------

Howard isnt the best and the central defenders are one of the CLUMSIEST pairings in world football, some of the things Rio and Mikael do are ridicuous - also if Nesta man-marks Ruud Van-Tap-Inhe is useless.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Real Madrid has the worst defense, but a very talented goalkeeper with Iker Casillas
---------------Casillas------------------
Salgado---Pavon---Helguera---Carlos
----------------Cambiasso-------------
Beckham--------------------------Figo
------------------Zidane----------------
-----------Raul-----------Ronaldo------

this year the title will end up at Milan again!!!!!!!!
FORZA MILAN :devil2:

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well interesting topic indeed, cause i rarely am seeing intersting topic's at the forum's these day's forum is full with thinking chain's transfer roumor's and those thing's (i opened once with henry and became more than a topic about transfer roumor :rolleyes: ). anyway back to the topic i would like if milan would play agains't turkish club's even that's they have not secured the second phase yet i think we would beat them with ease but don't forget their crowd( anyone saw the match galata-juve westfalen stadium in borussia was fulled with turkish fan's these guy's are the crayziest in europe about football together with british fans' :eek: :eek: :eek: ). also to play agains't porto would be a good one, with inter of course we alway's beat them, agains't arsenal too. the team's that i wouldn't like milan to play agains't? hmm..well i see chelsea the best on the competition this season and i would say that they are going to be at the final. man too they are dangerou's, sttutgart they look like ajax to me but more dangerous, real madrid and juve of course.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Actually I'm not very afraid of VfB Stuttgart, I know they don't have much experience as we do. And I don't think Kuranyi would know what to do against world class defenders like Nesta and Maldini. And our midfielders would definitely be better than theirs.

I'm hoping for... I don't know yet who are through and who aren't.

red_dragon

Beginner
Reaction score
Come whoever, we'll win. But I would like manu simply because there is a lot of talk that Italian teams cant play british teams and win. The claims come mostly from juve continuos losses to manu and from the roma sides and inter losing to arsenal chelsea. I would really like milan to win both leagues against manu even if we finish 2nd overall in the group.(tho I know we'll be top :o )
About tricky teams - well besiktas surely Stutgart

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I am sticking with my initial observation of playing a beef side. All three that are left are great sides, but I think we would do best to avoid Chelsea. Their side was made for European football.......

In the second round, you can always expect two quality opponents. We are not too far removed from a second round which saw us match up with Borussia and Real.....so I would expect the same in quality of our second round opposition. Hopefully we get Moskova again though...... :D

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
These are our possible oppnents in the next round:

Sparta Prague
Porto
Stuttgart
Real Sociedad
Deportivo Lacoruna
Lokomotiv Moskva
Bayern Munich

WIth our recrd against spanish teams, I would prefer to meet Sociedad/deportivo. Their defence just sucks :D
We have also beaten Porto recently, I guess it will be the same if we meet again.

I would like to avoid Stuttgart :head: they are capable of upsets! Watch out for them.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They'll arrange the draw at Nyon, Switzerland this friday.... tomorrow maybe will know our opponent...

Watch out guys... :tongue:

Reaction score
i would like to see milan play bayern, they r traditionally a powerhouse team like madrid, mu, and milan. But they haven't been playing well recently so i think milan can roll by them and keep their confidence up

Reaction score
Sparta Prague vs Ac Milan
Porto vs Man U
Stuttgart vs Chelsea
Real Sociedad vs Lyon
Deportivo vs Juve
Moscow vs Monaco
Bayern Munich vs Real
Celta vigo vs Arsenal

we should be happy we got the easiest draw, evan if they beat lazio to get through, but im kinda pissed off i'd have liked to have drawn Bayen or Deportivo who would havew given us more of a chellenge. but overall it dont matter because we will beat whoever we are drawn. I think all teams who won their groups will probally go through.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I totally forgot the new setup of this comp. Poborsky and co......get ready to go down. :devil: