• Lucas Biglia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
pato/pazzo can work.

but not well with our current midfield. Unless we try a 4-4-2. Even then, we need someone opposite urby

interesting point.
if it goes my way it'll be :

Abbiati
Fodder - Zapata - Acerbi/Bonera - Abate/DS
El Sharaawy - Montolivo - Urby
Boateng/Kaka/New AM
Pato - Pazzini

elshaa LMF
urby RMF
Montolivo DMF
Pato SS
pazzo CF
A la Tottenham, put the wingers on the opposite foot he use.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
Why not? I think Boateng's best position would be a hybrid of a withdrawn forward and a right winger.

His best assets are physicality, technique and shooting. You'd want him to be in the opponents final 3rd, but not with his back to goal. In that position he could use his pace and dribbling skills + shooting of course, and help in defense by pressing and covering a lot of ground.

He tends to drift to the right anyway in the current setup, but moving him there would open a spot for a player with a better pass in the final 3rd, like Kaka.

imo boateng best suited role is a midfielder.
he make the chances mostly outside the box with lesser marking from the opponent.
not too good too pass the ball so he can play RW.
yeah his pace is deadly,
most effective at the beginning of counter attack phase.
but, his pace is not effective against bus-parking teams.
and many club at the serie a use that tactic.
Pato or elshaa could do the RW i think.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lets say we play a 4-3-3

who can we stick at RW? SES/robinho would work best at LW

urby at rw would make him an inverted winger a la robben, but urby hardly scores and it would limit his crossing.

I guess boateng could play at RW...

urby's been at RW/RAM all preseason.

goals + assists.

He could surprise there.

We wouldn't play a wide 4-3-3 anyway it'd be more of a 4-3-2-1

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
we should be working on a switch to a 3-5-2 since we dont have any real CAM

---------------------Abbiati-----------------
----------Bonera---Acerbi*---Zapata---
--Abate--Flamini--Monty--Prince**--Urby--
-----------Pato/Pazzini-----Robinho------------
*Mexes but I dont like him
**or Nocerino if Prince doesnt pick his game up

Abate was better crossing at RWB when at Torino, and Urby is a good crosser that could put some dangerous balls for Pazzini.

I dont care for Mexes and dont overly trust him, but who knows what Acerbi will bring at a bigger team. Still he would add aerial defense, I guess Yepes could also potentially fill the sweeper role.

We could still use a true DMF (Go for Thiago Motta since he isnt playing at PSG at the moment) so Flamini starts since he can t least put pressure on and run even though he isnt the greatest. If Prince doenst pull his head out of his ass he should get benched for Nocerino, who while not as talented will work his nuts off every game

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
interesting point.
if it goes my way it'll be :

Abbiati
Fodder - Zapata - Acerbi/Bonera - Abate/DS
El Sharaawy - Montolivo - Urby
Boateng/Kaka/New AM
Pato - Pazzini

elshaa LMF
urby RMF
Montolivo DMF
Pato SS
pazzo CF
A la Tottenham, put the wingers on the opposite foot he use.

El Shaarawy as CM? Are you serious?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
actually it does :D i tried it out yesterday

it's a waste

one time I played Stephan with Pato up top, and Stephan scored a bycicle kick goal and gave an amazing assist to Pato

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
it's a waste

one time I played Stephan with Pato up top, and Stephan scored a bycicle kick goal and gave an amazing assist to Pato

yeah, i know... i was tired of playing the same line up all the time, wanted to try something else.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
it's dumb. He's much more suited at CB for deep attack

mj-laughing.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ah, there breaks out the "Boateng is secretly a CM" debate for the 100th time. This'll go on till his retirement.

Boateng is a false 10.5.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy as CM? Are you serious?

noooooooooooo
left winger
but in defensive phase he must cover left midfield.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ah, there breaks out the "Boateng is secretly a CM" debate for the 100th time. This'll go on till his retirement.

Boateng is a false 10.5.

i could see him thriving in the old lampard role in mourinho's chelsea 4-3-3.

timed runs in behind striker. Short passes. Pressure

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Assuming we sign no one else :shudders:

I like this....
abDeLKians.jpg

sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Robinho LF/LAM.... Urby RF/RAM. Robinho has more lisense to go forward. Urby can cut in but slightly deeper.

Boateng in a sort of lampard role, pushing up, pressing, short passing, linking up w/ robinho.

Montolivo moves slightly left, and flamini for ffs drops back mostly..... creating a sort of false-double pivot. Kind of similar to what we did w/ mvb/gattuso.

Pazzo leading the line should push them to create space for a robi/boa/urby to move.

I think this has proven to be both robinho , pazzo and urby's best roles. Boateng, while not a true CM, this role would use his best tools, and pressing further will negate some of tactical reading a pure CM does..... if he gets better at pressing (he's ok) it'll lead to a lot of interception tackle opportunities for montolivo/flamini

and yes i purposely pointed luca's arrow to out of bounds.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
You forgot the arrows where flamini and boateng cover for our super fbs :proud:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek

I like this....
abDeLKians.jpg

sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Robinho LF/LAM.... Urby RF/RAM. Robinho has more lisense to go forward. Urby can cut in but slightly deeper.

Boateng in a sort of lampard role, pushing up, pressing, short passing, linking up w/ robinho.

Montolivo moves slightly left, and flamini for ffs drops back mostly..... creating a sort of false-double pivot. Kind of similar to what we did w/ mvb/gattuso.

Pazzo leading the line should push them to create space for a robi/boa/urby to move.

I think this has proven to be both robinho , pazzo and urby's best roles. Boateng, while not a true CM, this role would use his best tools, and pressing further will negate some of tactical reading a pure CM does..... if he gets better at pressing (he's ok) it'll lead to a lot of interception tackle opportunities for montolivo/flamini

This is something that I think would work tremendously for us this season. Nice work Senatore, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3 combined would be a good alternative (pushing) option with 4-3-1-2.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo

I like this....
abDeLKians.jpg

sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

:lol:

would be a record of yellows and reds cards to boateng and flamini.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão

I like this....
abDeLKians.jpg

sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Like this a lot.

In an ideal world though, Monty would play higher up the field, pretty much where you have Boateng now, Boateng would move to Flamini's place, and we would have an actual DM.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
This may be the best thread for this - http://www.settoretecnico.figc.it/documenti.aspx

The thesis documents that Italian coaches have to submit, before passing the coaching course. It's only available in Italian - But I'm gonna devote some time on them over the next few days :)

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think my wildest dreams may be coming true. I did not think this day would ever arrive but it actually looks like ac milan are going to be moving away from that prehistoric formation that worked so well for teams in the 70's with three defensive CM's in the middle. I appreciate everyone else's opinion but what I have been crying out for for years is that milan move to a 4-2-3-1, with the wingers on the 'wrong' side so they can cut inside. every club is doing that now, i think arjen robben started the trend years ago and you can also see it now in madrid, tottenham, barca, germany etc. the wingers are harder to mark and you get more goals from midfield while there is generally more movement as players don't just stick to their sides. emmanuelson has been great on the right side for us and scored goals. he needs to be a winger not a rcm.

I also hate how everybody calls out for a MVB type in front of the defense. the best form of defense in todays football it possession. Milan need to have a packed midfield, with good passers who play high up the field, press and suffocate the opposition and cover for the overlapping fullbacks. the 4-2-3-1 has always been my preferred formation and i also think pato/pazzini are well suited for it. i would go with (it looks a bit like the holland formation):

.----------------------Abbiati

.----------Abate---mexes---zapata---antonnini

.-----------------nocerino---flamini

.---------Urby/Bojan---montolivo---binho/SES

.----------------------Pazzo/Pato

Before anybody says it, i know boa is missing, i hate him. the guy is an absolute pimp. he has made no effort to get fit, does not look like he is enjoying himself at milan and probably thinks he's too good to be here. Also he hasn't had any competition for a place and it would do him good to make him prove his worth from the bench. also niang can play up front or wide. there are lots of options for the CM's. Ambro can come in for flamini when we need to man mark a trequartista. The only thing we're missing is a left back. I had to get that off my chest now but things are really looking up with niang and bojan. suddenly its not as important to have the pirlo/modric/moutinho players if we're going with wingers, it could realy work tell me what you think.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
I think my wildest dreams may be coming true. I did not think this day would ever arrive but it actually looks like ac milan are going to be moving away from that prehistoric formation that worked so well for teams in the 70's with three defensive CM's in the middle. I appreciate everyone else's opinion but what I have been crying out for for years is that milan move to a 4-2-3-1, with the wingers on the 'wrong' side so they can cut inside. every club is doing that now, i think arjen robben started the trend years ago and you can also see it now in madrid, tottenham, barca, germany etc. the wingers are harder to mark and you get more goals from midfield while there is generally more movement as players don't just stick to their sides. emmanuelson has been great on the right side for us and scored goals. he needs to be a winger not a rcm.

I also hate how everybody calls out for a MVB type in front of the defense. the best form of defense in todays football it possession. Milan need to have a packed midfield, with good passers who play high up the field, press and suffocate the opposition and cover for the overlapping fullbacks. the 4-2-3-1 has always been my preferred formation and i also think pato/pazzini are well suited for it. i would go with (it looks a bit like the holland formation):

.----------------------Abbiati

.----------Abate---mexes---zapata---antonnini

.-----------------nocerino---flamini

.---------Urby/Bojan---montolivo---binho/SES

.----------------------Pazzo/Pato

Before anybody says it, i know boa is missing, i hate him. the guy is an absolute pimp. he has made no effort to get fit, does not look like he is enjoying himself at milan and probably thinks he's too good to be here. Also he hasn't had any competition for a place and it would do him good to make him prove his worth from the bench. also niang can play up front or wide. there are lots of options for the CM's. Ambro can come in for flamini when we need to man mark a trequartista. The only thing we're missing is a left back. I had to get that off my chest now but things are really looking up with niang and bojan. suddenly its not as important to have the pirlo/modric/moutinho players if we're going with wingers, it could realy work tell me what you think.

the problem is that noce and flamini(nowadays) dont execute enough tackles/interceptions and now muntari is injured....since we're somehow in the market i hope we get a real DM and a LB.btw cant zapata play LB....then we can have a CB of mexes-acerbi?

Last edited:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Seems as though Allegri will be focusing mainly on 4-3-3 this season, I think this can work well, but maybe put El Shaarawy or Pazzini as the middle striker (false 9).

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont mind playing a 4-3-3, its going to be something different to what we are used to and will take some time to get use to. Aslong as the two front wings get back in defence it can work well. Its effectively a 4-5-1 on the defesive end. I also like a 4-2-3-1 formation, i think with the players we have we can use that effectively aswell.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Milan should deploy a 4-2-3-1 formation. It provides great balance and works to our strengths, particularly securing the defence.

Schedule