Milan and the 'Calciopoli' Scandal

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
menon_inc said:
Milan sold matches? That could mean some players were involved in it right?
Not really... A referee would be fine :o

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Passion for *9* said:
Ahem...

Milan could have sold those matches with some people making enormous profits from illegal betting.

I've read somewhere that info had been leaked from the police + prosecutor's offices to involved parties + seeing how B. has always managed to beat every fuckin court case by a combo of implementing laws + corrupting prosecutors + judges I would not be surprised if he knew exactly what was going on throughout the more secret part of investigation...

Just cos GAlliani claims Milan are innocent doesn't mean they are. We'll see ;)

But... I wanted to take a break from the circus + that's what I'm doing.
Hey you have info how B has managed to walk free every time? Any paralleels to our this situation?

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Berlusconi said that he expects this and last year's scudetto to be given to Milan.

This statement is provoking great discussions...

What do you think about that???

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
brajo said:
Berlusconi said that he expects this and last year's scudetto to be given to Milan.

This statement is provoking great discussions...

What do you think about that???
I think that B is a very confident man. Where can i read those discussions?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tassard said:
So Moggi payed the referees to dissalow 2 Juventus goals?
Here's a Guardians article
The authorities are looking into allegations of abuse of GEA's 'dominant position' in football and allege that both father and son used threats and violence to conduct their business. Moggi and Juventus chief executive Antonio Giraudo are additionally under investigation for allegedly locking a referee and his two assistants in a changing room at the end of Juve's match against Reggina in November 2004 and haranguing them for having failed to support the team, who lost the match 2-1. Coincidentally Juventus return to Reggina today needing a draw to clinch their 29th league title.

So i guess this match is not under the investigation for fixing but racketing.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
MaGasTeR said:
Lol mate. You can't bet anything after the match starts. You can't bet at the half time.

Yes, you can. My online bookie lets me bet at halftime and even when teams are still playing.

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
pnut408 said:
Yes, you can. My online bookie lets me bet at halftime and even when teams are still playing.
I second that, even up to 15 mins before the end, you can bet which player will score the next goal even.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Found 2 nice posts from another forum
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just hearing on tv an attorney who is expert in sport law, he said Milan is not risking anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading the documents regarding Milan's interceptions i can tell all Milan fans that there's absoultely nothing or close to nothing against Milan (according to the elements come to our attention so far).

We don't risk at all to be relegated, i can state this with absolute certainty, and we have no direct responsibility cause nobody of the Milan board is involved, nobody who legally represents the club , while the other clubs have the Gen directors, presidents and the highest personalities of their board involved. This rules out the chance to have a direct criminal responsibility from the club, and the therefore consequent DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY, which is the condition to be relegated.

From another point of view, there can be (but i believe our lawyers will destroy this hypotetical scenario) a sportive responsibility which means to have points dropped in the final table. In this scenario there's no need to have a direct responsibility , but just a STRICT LIABILITY from the club, due to a responsibility of acts made by their members or players or (sometimes) fans.. Strcit liability works when , for ex. , Inter fans threw the flares into the pitch. The club gets responsible regardless of a personal responsibility.

I remark that at worst we risk some points dropped, an "afflictive measure" which means that we could authomatically put behind Inter or behind the fourth club (out of CL) in the table,but i'm confident our lawyers will destroy a very weak charge.
I described the worst scenario, but you'll see that we'll get out of this scandal smoothly, because there's nothing against us, and very confuse as well (when evidences are confused the beneficiary is always the charged part)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So as i see it we are pretty clear at the moment.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Jasper said:
And to r3dman->read the tapes. Meani said pretty much. How can you think we weren't involved in any of this shit?
I've read the tapes, dude! Meani at one time involves Galliani, saying that he he's very angry at the linesman from the Siena 2-1 Milan game. Who wouldn't be angry? And then he's saying that for Galliani to not get angrier, there should be two smarter referees at the next game. I don't know what he means by smart, maybe smart enough to know what's good for them. That's the only sht that could involve Milan. But it's poor evidence this alone, if they haven't got anything else. I think we're in the clear. Also, the fact that Meani talked about Galliani, doesn't necesarilly mean Galliani ordered him to talk in his name.

I think Meani didn't represent the club Milan, instead he acted like a rogue.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Passion for *9* said:
Milan could have sold those matches with some people making enormous profits from illegal betting...
So u mean that B , 1 of the richest man in the world + prime minister , was selling Milan game 2 win few hundred thousand dollars ?

We have a say in Lebanon & its goes : if u wanna sit wrong its ok but @ least talk right. :D

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read today on Dutch teletext Kalac is under investigation for betting on matches also (same charges as Buffon), can someone confirm this is real?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy1969 said:
I read today on Dutch teletext Kalac is under investigation for betting on matches also (same charges as Buffon), can someone confirm this is real?
You understanded Italian, right? Here's gazzetta headline with Kalac So give us a breif too what you read from there cause Babelfish is so lousy.

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
You understanded Italian, right? Here's gazzetta headline with Kalac So give us a breif too what you read from there cause Babelfish is so lousy.
Well it's not just Kalac but several players from several teams that "could have" betted on matches, something which is not authorised when you are a footballer yourself.

In case of Kalac, a picture of him was taken where he is standing inside a betting agency. Now if he's smart he can always tell the cops he asked to go to the toilet there,lol. Now I don't want to imply anything but anyone remember Palermo - Milan in the Coppa this year? Who let 3 goals in? Or maybe I'm just paranoid with all the tabloid news going on.

For a better traduction I hope Pupone or someone else that regulary writes in the Tutti in Italiano forum here could take a look, my Italian is average at best.

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
here's the list of players under investigation for illegal betting that can be added to beforementioned Juventus players, for Milan Kalac and Jankulovski are named:

Iaquinta, Pinzi (Udinese), Jankulovski (Milan), Di Michele (Palermo), Abeijon (Cagliari), Thomas Manfredini (Rimini), Ferrante (Ascoli), Margiotta (Piacenza), Bia (ex-Inter and Bologna), Sosa (Napoli), Walem, Pierini, Pineda (ex-Udinese) Scarlato (Crotone) Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan), Stefan Schwoch (Vicenza), Vincenzo Sommese (Mantova), Salvatore Fresi (ex-Inter and Juventus) and Attilio Gregori (ex-Roma, Udinese and Hellas Verona).

Note that for these allegations the players can face personal sanctions, but not the club they play for.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy1969 said:
here's the list of players under investigation for illegal betting that can be added to beforementioned Juventus players, for Milan Kalac and Jankulovski are named:

Iaquinta, Pinzi (Udinese), Jankulovski (Milan), Di Michele (Palermo), Abeijon (Cagliari), Thomas Manfredini (Rimini), Ferrante (Ascoli), Margiotta (Piacenza), Bia (ex-Inter and Bologna), Sosa (Napoli), Walem, Pierini, Pineda (ex-Udinese) Scarlato (Crotone) Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan), Stefan Schwoch (Vicenza), Vincenzo Sommese (Mantova), Salvatore Fresi (ex-Inter and Juventus) en Attilio Gregori (ex-Roma, Udinese and Hellas Verona).

Note that for these allegations the players can face personal sanctions, but not the club they play for.
But still i would like to know if those bets were made this season or last one?

Rex

Reaction score
What a predatory + contagious virus! It's widespread throughout the every line and Moggi gets the job done!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There's an article about Kalac and the betting situation from an Aussie paper posted in the Kalac thread.

From what I've heard, he participated in betting while playing at Perugia.

Last edited:

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Billy1969 said:
Yes, he is, but I've also read that betting is his life-time passion; don't think it has anything to do with the CalcioChaos...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
brajo said:
Yes, he is, but I've also read that betting is his life-time passion; don't think it has anything to do with the CalcioChaos...
That's possible. So far only the Aussie and Italian press have mentioned the story, whereas nearly every publication around the world is there when someone from Juventus blows their nose.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey brajo, Pupone anything new?

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
According to an austrian website Milans head office was investigated today...investigation was about some contracts and match-manipulating in 2004/05.
:head:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
TheGrinch said:
According to an austrian website Milans head office was investigated today...investigation was about some contracts and match-manipulating in 2004/05.

If it is true, the bosses suck ass ... they didn't even bring a title!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
TheGrinch said:

I am used to it .. everynight on news , Italian clubs under investigation blla blla blla , they are just making panic .. so people can see that someone really wants to make the football clear on Italy , dont wory , just the name of Moggi will change , we will have another Moggi again.. its all system corrupted .. you cant never clear it .. unless you close it all ..

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Once again that Milan-Siena match is at the forefront. I guess it does seem kind of fishy nowadays that we lost that one, doesn't it?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
the 04/05 main team.
I wish none of this is true, and if it is and we are relegated, will good players leave milan, or have to be sold. That would kill me.

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
About the Meani thing I see many Milanisti panicking (Meani is a lower Milan staff member and the Gazetta has a tape about him talking with a linesman), don't sweat it.

It is a minor offense compared to the allegations against Juventus, and is just there to put a smokescreen in the eyes of investigators. Milan not being named in the scandal would be very suspect, now we are named for some minor shit, we will likely not get anything or maximum a 3 points penalty (in the worst case scenario) for the match against Chievo in 2004-05 season.

Juve on the other hand, should fall down where they belong :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
BMWTaylor said:
Once again that Milan-Siena match is at the forefront. I guess it does seem kind of fishy nowadays that we lost that one, doesn't it?
What is suspicious is that is the same damn thing as 15 days ago, nothing has change from that, they try to keep on dragging us to this same thing, which at least for me, does not show anything at all that could hurt us.

Ollyn88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"LOYAL" milan players
crazy4milan said:
What is suspicious is that is the same damn thing as 15 days ago, nothing has change from that, they try to keep on dragging us to this same thing, which at least for me, does not show anything at all that could hurt us.
of course there's nothing will hurt us..... coz we've done nothing wrong right? ;)

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Why all the quick panicking??
Don't believe the pathetic allegations....they are just going round in circles trying to involve Milan as well but they are wasting time
Milan (and Inter) knew about the corrupted system but always fought it, never used it.[corriere sport].

Chiarimenti.jpg

[acmilan.com]

Schedule