Ricardo Rodriguez Thread

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I said it in the match thread but it's time I stop defending RR. I always thought he was good, solid.. not exceptional but you know he did his job. But him and Suso are just so frustrating. They ruin our build up most of the time and just seem like such a liability more often than not.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Defensively flawless. It was about time after playing like horse shit since the Inter game.

Offensively again very limited tho. Made a way better game once we force changed to 3-4-2-1 with him in that back three.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He had a good game, I noticed he back passed less than Suso.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
RR playing in a 3 man defence was much better than him at LB. He plays in 3ATB with the Swiss NT I think but definitely a lot more comfortable in that role.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
giphy.gif

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
He's had as many appearances as Donna and I'm sure he started every single one. Unfortunately when he gets tired it's really visible in his play. Hope we can get a better LB next season to rotate with him.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
if he is not reliable in defense (and not show up in attack) then there is no reason to keep him

tbh he is reaching des level of usefulness

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's reaching levels of shittiness even I as his fellow countryman can't defend or justify anymore.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Laxalt and Strinic are both better, but Gattuso sees himself in Rodriguez so he gets to play every game 90 min. That's literally why he gets to play.

Gattuso-critique-M%C3%A9nez-et-d%C3%A9nigre-un-PSG-sans-histoire.jpg

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
RR. vs Abate

who do you prefer?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Is he for sale or what?

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
RR. vs Abate

who do you prefer?

Abate at his best was far better. Abate had blistering pace and in his best years Nesta looking after him.

RR is slow and average. The very definition of the current Milan.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Can't wait for Rodriguez to be benched, he kills our flow whenever we try to move forward.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I know I've never seen any football fan who likes defensive fullbacks, they all hate Rodriguez like they did with De Sciglio and Abate, but not every player enters the field to offer spectacle, some are less noticable in game but offer solid performances.

Ricardo Rodriguez defensively in the first two games:

100% successful tackles (1st among Milan players)
100% of aerial duels won (1st)
4 interceptions (1st)
2 blocks (1st)
3.5 clearances (2nd after Romagnoli)
90% of passes completed (4th)
56 passes (4th)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I know I've never seen any football fan who likes defensive fullbacks, they all hate Rodriguez like they did with De Sciglio and Abate, but not every player enters the field to offer spectacle, some are less noticable in game but offer solid performances.

Ricardo Rodriguez defensively in the first two games:

100% successful tackles (1st among Milan players)
100% of aerial duels won (1st)
4 interceptions (1st)
2 blocks (1st)
3.5 clearances (2nd after Romagnoli)
90% of passes completed (4th)
56 passes (4th)

Any objective person will tell you he's a solid defensive player, although offers nothing going forward and will always play safe. His biggest weakness is his speed, in which any half-fast forward can expose him easily.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe im crazy but he looked less shit than usual ...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Any objective person will tell you he's a solid defensive player, although offers nothing going forward and will always play safe. His biggest weakness is his speed, in which any half-fast forward can expose him easily.

Nah, his biggest weakness is having a bionic foot

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

He is a reserve ffs, Theo would play if he was ready. I don't get why people want him sold, when he can be a very good reserve.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Laxalt and Strinic are both better, but Gattuso sees himself in Rodriguez so he gets to play every game 90 min. That's literally why he gets to play.

There was much lack of football understanding in this comment.

Strinic Serie B level, Laxalt :lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He is a reserve ffs, Theo would play if he was ready. I don't get why people want him sold, when he can be a very good reserve.

I know, I didn't say he's not a reserve once Theo is fit. But if he needs to start, he's not the worst choice to have. Rather RR than the Antonelli's and Laxalt's of the world.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Theo can't come back soon enough.

RR is solid rotation LB but nothing more.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
LB is not his position at high level matches. He can either work as a 3rd CB in a 3 men defence or perhaps push to the midfield. The only good (or not) thing about him is that he is more disciplined and consistent than others.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
He used to be a good attacking LB at Wolfsburg. When did he become such a pussy. Needs a long break and to retrain properly so he can be decent back up for cup games and eventually find a team for next year