Week 20: Milan vs Crotone - Saturday 6/1/2018 15:00 CET

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
its silvas and kalinic's fault that he is being picked for the saviour role. We do need to give another striker a chance, but we have to buy one first.

Striker shouldnt be our priority. Left wing starter and box to box midfield backup much needed than new star striker

I don't think that's what did Pato in. Steroids seem to work just fine for athletes everywhere.

But I do agree, I'd rather have Cutrone stay clear of PEDs, albeit for ethical reasons. He can easily put on 5kg of muscle without any exorbitant stress over a 2-3 year period and get used to his body the natural way.

I wanna see cutrone do these to majority of serie a defender
giphy.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
As for strength, I feel he could do better in that department, he really seems to struggle in fighting for position and standing his ground against central defenders. He'll probably never be favored in that situation but he should work on making those odds better.

I actually think this is more a 'knack' thing rather than brutal strength. An experienced striker knows how to wriggle away from specific defenders. Cutrone will learn that eventually. With brute strength, a defender will always have the advantage since usually he'd be facing the ball and standing taller than the striker.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Striker shouldnt be our priority. Left wing starter and box to box midfield backup much needed than new star striker

I wanna see cutrone do these to majority of serie a defender
giphy.gif

not talking priorities. just pointing out we dont have one other than cutrone. That being said, a CF is the second priority after a LW, if we're gonna stick to 4-3-3 that is. I still believe in Hakan as well, but I'm not sure where he will fit in in this case. Maybe in the bonaventura role today, jack isnt consistent lately.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that's what did Pato in. Steroids seem to work just fine for athletes everywhere.

But I do agree, I'd rather have Cutrone stay clear of PEDs, albeit for ethical reasons. He can easily put on 5kg of muscle without any exorbitant stress over a 2-3 year period and get used to his body the natural way.

I'm certain that's what did pato in

a lot of athletes do it the right way, pato went from being skinny to mr olympia jr. within 1 summer.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
loving the partnership between Captaino and Our Ale btw....

Can't remember the last time we had CBs that other teams might want.....

more of the same pls

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
our ale gets a thumbs up from me since he's 10x the player that argentinian inter spy is

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I actually think this is more a 'knack' thing rather than brutal strength. An experienced striker knows how to wriggle away from specific defenders. Cutrone will learn that eventually. With brute strength, a defender will always have the advantage since usually he'd be facing the ball and standing taller than the striker.

I think it's a bit column A and a bit of column B. Brute strength without any mindfulness is going to be wasted effort, just as mindfulness without strength is going to be futile. If he manages to gain both experience and strength the payoff will be ultimate in my mind.

I'm certain that's what did pato in

a lot of athletes do it the right way, pato went from being skinny to mr olympia jr. within 1 summer.

This does sound reasonable. Going from a pacey diminutive athlete to a muscle bound athlete in a short time without getting used to your new body can bear challenges. Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to these things at the time so I can't comment further but I trust your judgement and it could in fact be the reason.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I think it's a bit column A and a bit of column B. Brute strength without any mindfulness is going to be wasted effort, just as mindfulness without strength is going to be futile. If he manages to gain both experience and strength the payoff will be ultimate in my mind.

This does sound reasonable. Going from a pacey diminutive athlete to a muscle bound athlete in a short time without getting used to your new body can bear challenges. Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to these things at the time so I can't comment further but I trust your judgement and it could in fact be the reason.

Of course, you need a basic amount of strength to play the usual #9 game, but I think Our Patrick has that more or less at the moment.

In any case, solid career ahead I'm confident.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Yeah he has a good head on his shoulders both on and off the pitch as it seems, looks like a lock to be a career Serie A level striker as a baseline.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
That was actually some really good team play out there. The fitness levels are improving which is a big plus, but there's still a lot of work to do.

Makes me wonder if Montella's training methods included: 10m dash to a kfc bucket.

remote2book

Sea206
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, T.silva, seedorf
serie A refs, worst refs in any of the top leagues

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
our ale gets a thumbs up from me since he's 10x the player that argentinian inter spy is

Musacchio ? :lol::lol:

how much did you pay David for mod ?

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Three points! Clean sheet! Very happy! Forza Milan!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, the most important thing is 3 points..but this was far from a convincing game. Our inability to score is so frustrating, it cant be bad luck if its happening every game.

Calabria improved alot this season. He still dont have any ability that sticks out (like speed, cross, technique) but he imroved his game overall. Happy for him

We would have actually scored 3 if we hadn't been fucked.

And the thing is, those 3 chances are all half chances, which is exactly the kinds we need to score so in that aspect it seems we are doing better and the team is playing with a little bit more confidence, namely Biglia.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
our midfield play was much more fluid and could pass around the ball even under pressure. attack still needs lots of work.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
a much needed win and a good performance until kessie's disallowed goal.
after that for some reason we turned the switch off and risked 3 points.
there is still a lot of work to be done but in some areas the team is improving.
it is worrying though that we have so much trouble scoring.
FORZA MILAN!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I like how our build-up play from the back is more direct now.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
POSSESSION 66%

SHOTS OFF TARGET 10

SHOTS ON TARGET 9

TOTAL PASSES 586

Good match.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Didn't close it out well but definitely showing signs of improvement. Actually looking much more like a team, working hard to get into space and move the ball fluidly. Defensively not as horrid, but still having issues with silly mistakes that give the opposition chances. We still definitely need to work on chance creation. Seem to have very little guile around the box, let alone composure. But this team was a long way from being well-oiled. Progress is good to see.

Also, Kessie and Suso are forming quite the partnership on that right side. Calhanoglu's passing is fantastic and should be on all corners. So great to see Calabria playing well and gaining confidence too.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Three points keep Milan among a clutch of clubs hanging onto the coattails of sixth-place Sampdoria in the race for European football...

stay focus .. keep calm do 3 pts :cool: