Hernan Crespo Thread

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Some people here don't get that Crespo is not a good deal, since he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer + physically he is not the guy anymore that he was at 22/23 (stop living in the past, San Paolo). So why bother + waste a lot of money on him ? What's so special about his goals this season ? JDT scored approx. the same number last year + yet everyone is happy to let him go. Crespo will most likely share Jon's fate should Gilardino arrive, yet we'll be stuck with him for the rest of his career, paying a huge salary, having payed a crazy asking price + having most likely given away some other players as part of the deal that we need to replace too. Can't you think logically + long-term ? This is not about pro or anti-Crespo bias but about using your brain :o

lol! stop living in the past? pippo hasnt done anything for 2 seasons so he should be the 1 to leave :). Maybe we should trade him but i doubt any big club would be intrested. Time for you to use your own brains because all the facts you used are facts that are valid for pippo :)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
lol! stop living in the past? pippo hasnt done anything for 2 seasons
This is about the pros + cons of keeping Crespo, dear. You will not succeed in turning this into another Inzaghi-bashing thread, I promise you.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acm7 said:
Congrats. You have broken the record for the most wild assed assumptions in a single post!
Who
gives
a
fuck
about
your
sorry-ass
opinion ?

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Crespo sucks! why the hell would we want to keep Crespo for 30 mil!

It would be better if we gambled that money on 5 unherd of youngsters and hope one of them turns into a good player instead of throwing it away on Crespo.

I bet Ancelloti is secretly gay, that's why he wants to keep Crespo on the team. Call me crazy but that's what I think.

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Marco Azzuri said:
I bet Ancelloti is secretly gay, that's why he wants to keep Crespo on the team. Call me crazy but that's what I think.

:rolleyes: :head:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Passion for *9* said:
Some people here don't get that Crespo is not a good deal, since he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer
Like, I know you have a source for this claim, don't you? Please, I wanna know if it's for sure! Anyway, in terms of wages I have a feeling you might be right and Crespo would ask for a lot.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Marco Azzuri said:
Crespo sucks! why the hell would we want to keep Crespo for 30 mil!

It would be better if we gambled that money on 5 unherd of youngsters and hope one of them turns into a good player instead of throwing it away on Crespo.

crespo for 30mil? who on gods name told you that? If we sign crespo it would be under 10 million! As for you're remarks on ancelloti being gay and wanting to keep crespo on the team, well he knows more football then you can ever dream of in you're lifetime and thats why he has been a europeen champion and his team are on top of serie a

Reaction score
Parodixical???

cagney said:
Thanks for the offer but I won't bother thrusting you, not really my scene.

A bit paradoxical, Matthias, insisting that you know what you're saying and then praising a hugely overpaid, hugely inconsistent player like Recoba. The reason his potential wasn't realised is that he only has the ability to play a good game once every 2 or 3 months. End of story.

You've played in Serie A for the past 12 years? Or is it the Bundesliga? Please enlighten me.

how the hell can u call recoba inconsistent :conf: when hes only played about 100 minutes this season????what are u saying...recoba is just another star that inter have fucked up! :proud: !!!!!!!!!!and please...that comment of bundesliga or serie a was so lame :head: ....thanks....

Reaction score
Admiration?

saifq said:
Every player has his own traits, and you just cant go on and say, strikers are not there to wait and score a goal, thats what they are there for. Score a goal. People like Batistuta, Vieri, Pippo, Ruud, and crespo himself, all of these strikers possess the same traits. As much time as you have played league football, you should know that, any two of these players mentioned above can never partner in a strike partnership. There can never be a batistuta+crepo or crespo+pippo partnership, why? well figure it out, because they possess the same traits, they drop back in times of corner, and thats about it really, they are not assisters, which shevchenko is. Shevchenko can assist, and finish and thats why he can partner any of these strikers or even can play as a lone striker. The thing for me is, Crespo has saved milan more than twice this season, be his first season with this club, with these players, with us the fans. Calling his goals fluke, or lucky, doesnot mean a thing, because they are all goals. Every goal is lucky from the scorers point of view, and unlucky from the oppositions. As much as I adore Crespo, but i tend to be logical as well, so come'on, hand this guy some admiration, atleast for the things which he has done for us atleast.

regards

i totally agree with u that hes saved us more than twice this season..i think everyone whos a milan fan does agree with this...i cannot argue about that...but then tell me how many times he crewed us up plz....or u wouldnt know that??god knows how many times crespo didnt open up the opponents defence for our midfields to penetrate and shoot..if u follow milans games look at how many of kakas and seedorf shots get deflected off the defenders coz crespo doesnt pull them with him with his movement..he is static....i will never believe my eyes if they spend 30 million on him...i find 5 million reasonable but not more when we can invest in such good youngsters..i admire his past career..coz his on of the best strikers in the past 15 years...but when then comes a time where u have to say stop..and crespos stop has arrived..come on and dnt mention vieri to mee plz...he sucks big time...and ruud is a very good assist man...plz follow manchesters past games when he wasnt injured and tell me who gave rooney or smith the balls to score plz....thanks

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
matthias said:
how the hell can u call recoba inconsistent :conf: when hes only played about 100 minutes this season????what are u saying...recoba is just another star that inter have fucked up! :proud: !!!!!!!!!!and please...that comment of bundesliga or serie a was so lame :head: ....thanks....

I'm glad you appreciated my constructive criticism, Matthias.

Let me reiterate my point for you, I'm saying El Chino AKA Alvaro Recoba is inconsistent.

inconsistent // adj.
1 acting at variance with one's own principles or former conduct.
2 (often foll. by with) not in keeping; discordant, incompatible.
3 (of a single thing) incompatible or discordant; having self-contradictory parts.

And sorry, what league exactly is it you've played in for 12 years? Playstation doesn't count now, you do realise that, don't you?

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
I appeal to the moderators to close this thread. It's potentially harmful to the reputation of the forum in that it contains a lot of opinion by a significant number that is being advertised as pure folly by what is actually happening on the pitch.

It must give a bad impression to those who are just browsing the forum considering whether this is the Milan forum for them.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
He rose like a salmon didn't he? ;)

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Ok, he is good at the present but 30M to buy him? It's better not to buy him and sign Ronaldinho.. It's said that Milan will try to sign Iaquinta if Crespo's price is too expensive

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
ics_rk said:
Ok, he is good at the present but 30M to buy him? It's better not to buy him and sign Ronaldinho.. It's said that Milan will try to sign Iaquinta if Crespo's price is too expensive

who told you we are going to sign him for 30 million? lol if we sign him it should be for around 10 million.

Reaction score
abz

cagney said:
I'm glad you appreciated my constructive criticism, Matthias.

Let me reiterate my point for you, I'm saying El Chino AKA Alvaro Recoba is inconsistent.

inconsistent // adj.
1 acting at variance with one's own principles or former conduct.
2 (often foll. by with) not in keeping; discordant, incompatible.
3 (of a single thing) incompatible or discordant; having self-contradictory parts.

And sorry, what league exactly is it you've played in for 12 years? Playstation doesn't count now, you do realise that, don't you?

ure opinion still sucks....and played in the maltese league

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
menon_inc said:
who told you we are going to sign him for 30 million
eh 30m was a wrong perception by some IMO. :rolleyes:

it was presumed from "he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer". as far as i worked it out, it means Crespo will be 30 (y.o) this summer and won't be a cheap deal. some members assumed '30' as price for his 'head' where actually it was directed towards his age. :D

right H ?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milan_my_love said:
it was presumed from "he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer". as far as i worked it out, right H ?
Wrong. The figure came from a Marco Azzuri post:

Crespo sucks! why the hell would we want to keep Crespo for 30 mil

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Passion for *9* said:
well, i think Marco was one of them who presumed and got it wrong from your post. 30 (y.o) ... to 30m ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh yea ? A bit of a stretch to conclude from age to asking price,, but... whatever....

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yea. it look likes to be.

r3dman said:
Passion for *9* said:
Some people here don't get that Crespo is not a good deal, since he won't come for cheap, is 30 in the summer
Like, I know you have a source for this claim, don't you? Please, I wanna know if it's for sure! Anyway, in terms of wages I have a feeling you might be right and Crespo would ask for a lot.

r3dman, Marco, ics_rk . . all were mistaken. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
. Hernan Crespo can stand comparison with the best striker in the world, Golden Ball winner Andriy Shevchenko, who is ready to return and to provide his own contribution to the Rossoneri. Crespo’s statistics are up to what Milan expect from their frontmen: ten goals in Serie A, with the Argentinian finally managing to reach double figures, four in the Champions League, one in the Italian Cup. And the tally is fifteen strikes, five behind Sheva who has been playing less in the last period but opened the season with a hat-trick in the Italian Super Cup when Crespo was still in the middle of his preparation.
From the official website:D

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:

Hey I don't want to get into a huge argument here, but i thought myself that the 30 million figures was way off myself. I got that figure from one of your posts before mine.

I thought it was wrong but i figured that maybe 10 million pounds was roughly 30 million American dollars so i didn’t sweat it too much.

But the orginal 30 number came from you

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Marco Azzuri said:
Hey I don't want to get into a huge argument here, but i thought myself that the 30 million figures was way off myself. I got that figure from one of your posts before mine.

I thought it was wrong but i figured that maybe 10 million pounds was roughly 30 million American dollars so i didn’t sweat it too much.

Personally i find it astonishing that anyone could believe that it would be 30 million for Crespo, i mean thats just ridiculous! If players are valued that highly we might even get £30 for Tomasson :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marco Azzuri said:
Can you actually read ? Where did I mention they wanted 30 million for him ? I said he'll be 30 in the summer.. Sounds like perfect English to me to indicate he's not growing younger. If you start misquoting + misinterpreting excerpts from my posts on purpose you've been around here for the longest time, I promise, Mr. Azzurri.

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
Personally i find it astonishing that anyone could believe that it would be 30 million for Crespo, i mean thats just ridiculous! If players are valued that highly we might even get £30 for Tomasson :D
.... or even a fiver for Inzaghi! :tongue: :D