Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I've been think about the US running a 4-6-0 with something like-

---------------------Howard---------------------
--Cherundolo--Gooch--DeMerit--Bocanegra--
-------------Jones-----------Bradley-------
--------------------Fielhaber----------------
--------Adu-----------------------Dempsey---
--------------------Donovan--------------------

Since no forward stands out have Donovan and Dempsey in advanced roles a faux strikers and use Adu (who needs to keep his head straight and play within itself) and Fielhaber to to add some creativity to the mix while Bradley and Jones help to shield the defense

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think fielhaber and jones should he flipped. We can use his industrial workrate (read: lack of skill) like milan uses boateng. Besides he drives forward well and can help win posession in other half. Usa is desperate for someone ball compitent deep like how pirlo was used because it was painfully obvious all tournament if you press usa deep there back line and dms cannot advance the ball and lose posession

Or maybe something like this:

Back 4 liabilities
Feilhaber--bradley
Jones--Freddy---duece
-------donavan-----

Or even more of a 4-2-2-2. All I know is we need a ball player deep and our backline sucks too much to not play atleast 2 defensive minded mids

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and I hope very much that Klinsmann is the replacement

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
WC2014 Qualifying

The first round we're bothered with is Round Two, for the smaller countries in this zone.

Group A

El Salvador
Surinam
Cayman Islands
Dominican Republic

Group B

Trinidad & Tobago
Guyana
Barbados
Bermuda

Group C

Panama
Dominica
Nicaragua
Bahamas

Group D

Canada
St Kitts and Nevis
Puerto Rico
St Lucia

Group E

Grenada
Guatemala
St Vincent & Grenadines
Belize

Group F

Haiti
Antigua and Barbuda
Curacao
US Virgin Islands

Round Three:

Group A

USA
Jamaica
Winner of Round Two, Group E
Winner of Round Two, Group F

Group B

Mexico
Costa Rica
Winner of Round Two, Group A
Winner of Round Two, Group B

Group C

Honduras
Cuba
Winner of Round Two, Group D
Winner of Round Two, Group C

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is a good move for the U.S b/c sometimes you need a change of scenery but I don't really know what more Bradley could have achieve. In fact; he overachieve in his time in charge. When you listen to ESPN or US fans you would think; they have the best team in the world. I don't see much changing with Klinsmann in terms of results. The U.S is just not that good.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is a good move for the U.S b/c sometimes you need a change of scenery but I don't really know what more Bradley could have achieve. In fact; he overachieve in his time in charge. When you listen to ESPN or US fans you would think; they have the best team in the world. I don't see much changing with Klinsmann in terms of results. The U.S is just not that good.

the US easily could have gone 2 more rounds in the WC. that was probably the clearest path that we will ever have.

Bradley went full tard and started Ricardo Clark after he has not played well and he was at fault for the first goal and got subbed in the 31st minute. the US probably should have won that game.

and Ghana was so close to beating Uruguay, the US could have had a chance there too.

that would mean at least 4th place. Bradley is a terrible tactical coach, plain and simple

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
WC2014 Qualifying

The first round we're bothered with is Round Two, for the smaller countries in this zone.

Group A

El Salvador
Surinam
Cayman Islands
Dominican Republic

Group B

Trinidad & Tobago
Guyana
Barbados
Bermuda

Group C

Panama
Dominica
Nicaragua
Bahamas

Group D

Canada
St Kitts and Nevis
Puerto Rico
St Lucia

Group E

Grenada
Guatemala
St Vincent & Grenadines
Belize

Group F

Haiti
Antigua and Barbuda
Curacao
US Virgin Islands

Round Three:

Group A

USA
Jamaica
Winner of Round Two, Group E
Winner of Round Two, Group F

Group B

Mexico
Costa Rica
Winner of Round Two, Group A
Winner of Round Two, Group B

Group C

Honduras
Cuba
Winner of Round Two, Group D
Winner of Round Two, Group C

Canada is pathetic...

Honduras and Cuba go automatically to round three while Canada has to battle it out in the second round against the small island minnows.

Embarrassing!!!:fp:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
WOOHOO!!!!

I wonder if Klinsmann got all that control he wanted...that had been the sticking point between Klinsmann and US Soccer.

it would seem he has been given a lot of power... I like it a lot

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jürgen Klinsmann keen to harness Latin American spirit with US
• New coach believes US can win World Cup one day
• German wants to tap into country's Latin American population

Jürgen Klinsmann, the new US coach, has said he believes the country will win the World Cup at some stage in the future and that integrating the talents of the country's growing Latin American population will be one of his primary focuses in the job.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/02/jurgen-klinsmann-latin-american-spirit

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
'growing'

lol 16.3% (according to last census) latinos in USA of 50.5 million, making it 3rd largest latino population (IIRC) in north and south america (behind Brazil and Mexico)

California specifically is 37.6% latino (making up approximately 14 million of population) and most expect by 2025, Latino's to be majority in state, the first state to have a nonwhite majority.

It's really interesting too, if you go south of bay area, basically until you hit santa barbara a good 90% of towns are spanish only signs. I've made the drive a few times and you stop at places like "gonzalez" "soledad" etc. and everything is in spanish.

BUT Beyond that.... the problem with USA isn't a lack of talent on youth level. It's 100% development. Players stall out from 12-15 on, many leave for other sports etc. etc. US development sucks. Landon is the posterboy for it.

Growing up and playing many youth tourney's in california (state cups etc) you play two type of teams. Suburban 'white' teams, who were very structured, rigid and lacked skill. They all modelled after i wannabe english style you see US NT play. And the 'mexican' teams, who were mostly from rural areas or poorer areas and were kids who were LARGELY uncoached and much more talented.

It's funny how it works, cause I'd HATE playing those teams, as a primary midfield or defensive player they were a pain. All midgets. All DIRTY AS FUCK, kicking your ankles, pulling ur shorts, elbowing you, etc. when ref wasn't looking, talking MAJOR shit in spanish (I was one of few who understood... i don't know how many times i was called a 'puta') but if you tackle them, they'd fall immediately and act. Classic latino.

Eitherway Klinnsman's call to Latino population in us is a lot like turkish/minorities in germany or even france with african players (like Nasri, Zidane etc.). These players are largely uncoached, and play with a level of technique, flair, skill which is not taught in structured acaemies. They grew up in streets, LOVING the game. Something US youth sysyem does it's best to avoid.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im interested to see the new call ups and how he lines up his players, he did a great job with Germany and some part of the recent teams success should go to him. Im pretty sure he will discover some great young talents for the US, hopefully he will do something special at the next WC as well :)

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the US has a lot of work to do to match Mexico right now

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
can Klinsman call himself up to play striker? he might be the US's best option haha

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the US has looked much better since they scored. I really like that some of the young players have been the driving force to the team picking it up

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
this

So C4m messages me galaxy are playing 'her' team in concacaf ucl. Curiously, I put it on (what else is on tv and unlike you losers, i enjoy football. I feel superior to you all cause my tastes are so obscure and not just gloryhunting status quo :o. ).

For some reason, there's this stereotype Costa Rica is exotic and full of goodlooking people on beaches. But watching this game suggested the opposite.
My team has never been a good looking team, AFAIK we've always had horrible looking players, I guess I balance it off with Milan. TBF though, overall footballers in CR are ugly, I think the only good looking ones I've seen are Wanchope and Armando Alonso .

Meh anyway it would be as if I based my opinion on all americans by watching the USNT, Bocanegra apart, Deuce? Landon? Adu? Bradley? Fucking Bornstein? Cherundolo? Alexis Lalas? Roy Lassiter? Tony Meola? Marcelo Balboa? Tim Howard? Cobi Jones? (oh I miss that team) Bryan Adams wannabe Wynalda? Jeff fucking Agoos? Kesey Keller? Brad Friedel?

Carlos Tevez would be in running for best looking on the team. Looked like a team full of inter players crossbred with mentally challenged people. Seriously , what the fuck if this...

3373263w.jpg
I think I'm crying :proud:. Ok, guy with the mullet, Wilmer López, is perhaps the best footballer I've ever seen, controlled the game like no one, tempo was on his feet, if he would've meassured 20 cms more and would've not been his wife whipping boy he would've been one of the best in football's history.

The one he's hugging is CHIMI QUIRÓS, holy crap I never expected to say his name in a Milan forum, he sucked, but in 99-00, in the last 3 games he scored back to back hattricks, idol.

The one in the back is Harold Wallace, el rapero, best RB in CR's history (actually he wasn't bad looking), couldn't score for anything in the world, but damn it he was good. Guy on top, and I'm surprised I remember, it's Giovanny Hidalgo...now I never expected to ever say anything about Giovanny Hidalgo, I don't even remember what was his use in the team, I just remember he was ugly.

Curly haired one is Pablo Chinchilla, big playa, fucking drunk and non professional, but in those years he was good really good. One in the back, Enrique Smith :proud:, I literally hated him, he made so many defensive mistakes and cost us so many points, but looking back, I miss him. And the one with the long hair is Sandro Alfaro, at that moment best LB in CR.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Meh anyway it would be as if I based my opinion on all americans by watching the USNT, Bocanegra apart, Deuce? Landon? Adu? Bradley? Fucking Bornstein? Cherundolo? Alexis Lalas? Roy Lassiter? Tony Meola? Marcelo Balboa? Tim Howard? Cobi Jones? (oh I miss that team) Bryan Adams wannabe Wynalda? Jeff fucking Agoos? Kesey Keller? Brad Friedel?

it would be pretty accurate basis. Good looking group therte.

JonathanBornstein_2315487.jpg

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
not a good game last night, didnt see much but the US needs to do better

congrats C4M though

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
USA completely dominated ball possession in the first half, and we weren't able to pass the midfield line controlling the ball. Landon and Jozy started off pretty explosive, but the one that was giving us headache was blondginger mullet Shea, and to a certain point Castillo and Rogers. That said, whenever USA got near our box, they never tried a dangerous shot, they prefered to look for a pass or try to I dunno get the ball to the line and then make the goal?

There wasn't much of midfield creativeness, it came down to wingers causing trouble with their pace and then see what Landon adn Jozy could do, but after 20 mins, both of them became completely useless and were caught offside or possession was taken away from them quite easily. Towards the end of the first half CR started having more ball possession and we crossed the line finally, in fact we did the only shot on goal in the first half. Guess it helped our team that we didn't go down in the score by HT.

From the start of the 2nd half till the 75th minute we dominated the game and made USA fall in our game. We made a really good sub, changing one of our strikers (dunno why we played 2 so similar) and chaning one of them for a sort of mezzala (Colindres, MOTM), on top of that our CMs got more comfortable with the ball on their feet (dunno why neither of those 2 were given a chance under Lavolpe, thank god he's gone). Colindres had USA's defense crazy, his pace, his ability, made them alll look slow and clumsy as hell. The other sub that worked was putting in Rodney Wallace, had never played for the NT, but he should feature regularly from now on, really good LB, with an amazing left foot. We had several chances that didn't convert, but our goal was really well executed, and Howard made a fantastic save on Barrantes.

USA on the other hand looked horrible during those minutes. No creation, no ball control, it was like us in the first half.

The last 15 minutes were full of qualifiers like tension, in fact the intensity of the whole game felt very "qualifiers like", but those last minutes, with Bornstein's goal still fresh in our heads were suppperr tense. Agudelo after several minutes of doing nothing in the field, created some chances, specially one in which our keeper made a fantastic save, and so did Torres. Truthfully I was afraid of another Bornstein moment, but we were great defending.

Thing I liked the most? The fight with gingerblondemullet towards the end of the game, it showed what the game really meant for us, despite of it being a friendly, liked our players attitude overall.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I like how brek shea is finally showing himself. Barely 21 he was a big prodigy out of img academy. After initial struggle he's had 2 good years in mls. Hope he moves to europe in january. 21. 6ft3 winger/forward. Physical with good technique. Ill be surprised if he's not in 2014 wc starting 11. He needs to go to europe to continue progressing cause he's shown all he needs in mls (all star :o)

Seems klinnsman is leaning towards 4231 with landon at cam. I like it if we ge right workrate from wingers defensively. Sadley this could lead to a dempsey drop. Id lean towards shea, landon, robbie rodgers behind agudelo. Edu and bradley in cm. If freddy builds off 2011 gold cup he might challenge landon for his spot. Or we could even go with landon at cf in a faux 9 or dempsey. There's also torres who I like a lot.. just not at cdm.

Nice to see some of younger guys start getting integrated as we've been using same unit basically for 5 years

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Bend it like Gabas :o (Becks went to congratulate him, :o).

Went to the stadium, game was a bit frustrating cause we basically decided to counter attack like headless chickens, while Galaxy wasn't really a threat. Landon looks in terrible form, Becks had issues creating, considering NO ONE moved up front, and our team covered them up well, a :star: to our defensive system. But really the lack of organization in our midfield to distribute the ball had me going crazy, just lots of counter attacks (yes we have players with pace, no point in overdoing it), and a lot of selfishness.

Becks is just a top guy, after the experience with the one with no personality, aka Messi-one that was going to get applauses in here-, watching someone that can do what he wants without asking his team, is refreshing, eventhough all Becks got here was lots of jeers (we loved it when he got pissed, I loved it for different reasons, he looks so passionate about football).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Interview with Brek Shea-
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2011/09/Brek-Shea-Q-and-A.aspx

some exerts:
thecurseofchris: If you could play on the opposite of any winger, who would it be?

BS: If I could play with any player it would be Ibrahimovic, but if I have to say a winger I would say Arjen Robben. I just like the way he plays and has a dominant left-foot. Ibrahimovic has been my favorite player since I was a kid. He's massive and good with his feet. He's a lot of fun to watch.”

BS: “People have named it a 'faux-hawk' type thing but I don't know. I guess it's a version of a Mohawk, but it doesn't really stick up because it's so long. I just don't like normal haircuts. Since I was a kid I've always done stuff a little different. I'm not really sure why, but I just like to do whatever I'm feeling. There's not much thinking involved.”

He's being rumored to go to City or Liverpool.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
US needs to find a finisher, they showed a lot of good thingsm but not someone to but the ball in the back of the net. I would really like to see Charlie Davis get a call-up soon, he has scored 11 goals in MLS before, and without playing a ton of minutes. I think he deserves another chance now that he is healthy, and think he is a better option that Jozy to be the starting striker until Juan is ready.

I like that Brek Shea is getting time, I think he has big time potential, I would like to see him make a move to Europe to further establish himself.

I though the defense did some good things this match, Gooch looked like he is getting back in form and he moved very well, so I think he has a good chance to regain and hold his spot. I thought that Tim Chandler looked good too, so he might sort out the LB spot for the US and help to solidify the defense. Tim Ream showed some good things, but he lost his mark and was at fault for the goal. does have some talent though. I think at the moment the best backline the US has is Cherundolo--Gooch--Bocanegra--Chandler, which is quite a bit bettr than that have had in a while

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
US needs to find a finisher, they showed a lot of good thingsm but not someone to but the ball in the back of the net. I would really like to see Charlie Davis get a call-up soon, he has scored 11 goals in MLS before, and without playing a ton of minutes. I think he deserves another chance now that he is healthy, and think he is a better option that Jozy to be the starting striker until Juan is ready.

i'm pretty sure an open try out would find 2-3 better options than Jozy.

but on the real. Wondo!

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i'm pretty sure an open try out would find 2-3 better options than Jozy.

but on the real. Wondo!

I just looked it up, Jozy actually has 7 goals in 11 games in Holland, which isnt too bad at all. It is hard to believe he isnt even 22 yet.

Still would like to see some other players get a chance up top

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Klinnsman is getting an unfair amount of heat from the media, he is putting a whole new system in and needs to find out which players can fit in, its not like he is dealing with WC players

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I hope Klinnsman kicks Landon off the national tema.

I fucking hate him. He might be most talented player but he's a career underachiever.

He has always been too big a pussy to go improve himself in europe, even though he has the ability, and now he only plays 'when he wants to'.

His attitude kills the team. When landon plays 'omg it's landon, omgomgomg'. When he doesn't the team is in poor spirits.