Videogames Thread

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Err yes err OBAMA! OIL! DEMOCRACY! HOES! 'MURICA! etc. etc.

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
Console fan boys:lol::lol::lol:

My 2 year old pc is better then any console out there and will probably be better then any console in the next 2 years also.

yes :thumbsup:

people don't realise that graphics on even the latest console are actually relatively shit and toned down from the PC.

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
They all rule. So, yeah. :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Well that doesn't seem true.

Why the salt?

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
first time i came to tears playing a video game? Telltale's The Walking dead.

What happens in Episode 3 just broke me down.

Playing classic PS3 games so I can get the PS4 and not be way behind, GoW and Infamous for starters.

Infamous 1 is just pure boring so far. I've got 2 on the side after I'm done.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
first time i came to tears playing a video game? Telltale's The Walking dead.

What happens in Episode 3 just broke me down.

Playing classic PS3 games so I can get the PS4 and not be way behind, GoW and Infamous for starters.

Infamous 1 is just pure boring so far. I've got 2 on the side after I'm done.

I never played The Walking Dead. Shame on me. :/ May need to consider it.

I love inFamous! Can't wait for the new one on PS4. 2 was also great but somehow graphically they really fucked up (talking about anti aliasing).

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
I never played The Walking Dead. Shame on me. :/ May need to consider it.

I love inFamous! Can't wait for the new one on PS4. 2 was also great but somehow graphically they really fucked up (talking about anti aliasing).

Dude it's good. Just finished it today and I'm quite pleased with myself.

You gain confidence in your decision making ability and it's quite ruthless with the consequences of your choices. Still, you feel good after a while.

Reaction score
Evil within trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XUfVsEZjLJc

Guys cant able to post the youtube video.. what is the process for posting those?

Last edited:

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dude it's good. Just finished it today and I'm quite pleased with myself.

You gain confidence in your decision making ability and it's quite ruthless with the consequences of your choices. Still, you feel good after a while.

Just started with episode 1. Loving it so far! Can't believe I didn't play this before..

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Just started with episode 1. Loving it so far! Can't believe I didn't play this before..

When you finish an episode take a picture of the decisions you make.

PM them and we can talk about it up until the point where you have reached.

Great game.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
When you finish an episode take a picture of the decisions you make.

PM them and we can talk about it up until the point where you have reached.

Great game.

Will do! Sounds fun! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to play again later today. :)

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man, The Walking Dead. What a fantastic game.... :star:

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
Bought Final Fantasy IX from the PSN :star: Been hooked all weekend.

Haven't played this game since I was 9, and I've forgotten how incredible it was :proud:
I remember being in love with Garnet, and thinking Vivi was the coolest FF character ever lol

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Holy shit dude, me too! :eek:

Although I err acquired it through err slightly less legal means. :devilcon:

It's my first Final Fantasy experience, was never really into any RPGs back then (except for Pokemon, but then again Pokemon is incomparable, indisputable GOAT :o). I do remember watching my cousins play a few (8-10, especially 8) and being told the game's too complicated for me but that's pretty much it.

Fun game so far (just started the 3rd disk), full of delightful little characters. Don't really like the combat system, Trance is useless, and changing around items and abilities is a bore. But the setting and presentation are impeccable, you get a real sense of adventures.

PS. Fuck Chocobos. Seriously.

goja

Im back baby
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Pippo, Pirlo, De Sciglio
best rpg by far for me was the baldur's gate series. when combined close to 200 hours of game time, and i've gone through it twice. looks dated now, but i see they've redevelopped and polished them with the enhanced editions. whoever likes proper story driven rps absolutely MUST play it (bloody unforgiveably difficult as well).

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini

It's my first Final Fantasy experience, was never really into any RPGs back then (except for Pokemon, but then again Pokemon is incomparable, indisputable GOAT :o). I do remember watching my cousins play a few (8-10, especially 8) and being told the game's too complicated for me but that's pretty much it.

Fun game so far (just started the 3rd disk), full of delightful little characters. Don't really like the combat system, Trance is useless, and changing around items and abilities is a bore. But the setting and presentation are impeccable, you get a real sense of adventures.

9 has one of the better systems from the few I played (7 through 12)
I personally love how every bit of weapon/armor has its own set of abilities... and that you can synthesize two items together to further expand the list of things/abilities you can get in the game.
Absolutely trumps that garbage sphere grid system in 10 and junction system in 8. The simpler the better.

I completely agree about trance though. It's impossible to get when its really needed, only when you're roaming the world map and come across some piece of shit beast with like 100HP lol

As for the story and setting, the best Final Fantasy games (apart from 7 :cool:) have been the traditional steam-punk style ones.
Fucking gorgeous.. And you gotta love that song that plays during the chocobo mini-game :lol:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Taking about RPGs....Elder Scrolls online is disappointing
I know it's still in beta buy it looks and plays like a F2P

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 8 had by far the worst system. You can max all your stats at level 7 FFS.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I personally love how every bit of weapon/armor has its own set of abilities... and that you can synthesize two items together to further expand the list of things/abilities you can get in the game.
Absolutely trumps that garbage sphere grid system in 10 and junction system in 8. The simpler the better.

I completely agree about trance though. It's impossible to get when its really needed, only when you're roaming the world map and come across some piece of shit beast with like 100HP lol

As for the story and setting, the best Final Fantasy games (apart from 7 :cool:) have been the traditional steam-punk style ones.
Fucking gorgeous.. And you gotta love that song that plays during the chocobo mini-game :lol:
Idk, I just have this compulsive need to max every ability as soon as I get it. Gets a bit frustrating for me at times. It is pretty damn satisfying when you finally get that 125 AP ability tho.
Haven't played any other FF, so I'll take your word for it.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bought Final Fantasy IX from the PSN :star: Been hooked all weekend.

Haven't played this game since I was 9, and I've forgotten how incredible it was :proud:
I remember being in love with Garnet, and thinking Vivi was the coolest FF character ever lol

People finally playing the best game of all time. :proud:

Sooo goood.

I'm playing it on an emulator myself, atm. Jammin finally playing the GOAT game.

The combat system is slow, but it's not bad. Other than the speed, it's perfect for when it came out. Trance is useless - it's only really helpful against bosses, but if you're playing properly, you won't really need it anyway.

The abilities system is great.

The setting is so good and the story is incredible.

Yeah I agree, also about trance.

9 does have the best story and setting, even over 7, imo. Great graphics for its time, too. The HMVs still stand up today for its style, imo.

Idk, I just have this compulsive need to max every ability as soon as I get it. Gets a bit frustrating for me at times. It is pretty damn satisfying when you finally get that 125 AP ability tho.
Haven't played any other FF, so I'll take your word for it.

Tbh, it's nice to max all abilities, but if you grind to hell and back, the game is going to be way too easy. It's an insanely easy game for anyone not underlevelled anyway, and you can easily complete it on a low level challenge.

Where are you now?

Do put in spoiler tags.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Just started the 3rd disk, 24 hours in. Only been playing through the weekends (Uni is a BITCH).

Btw, Kuja looks just slightly less gayer than I imagined him. :D

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just started the 3rd disk, 24 hours in. Only been playing through the weekends (Uni is a BITCH).

If you want to fight the strongest boss in the game, you have to do the chocobo minigame. :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Third disk is the shit.

I'm midway through disk 2 myself.

Rally-Ho.

Schedule