The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will make the quarter finals?
Orange 20 86.96%
Blue 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-06-2010, 00:11   #1
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Default 1/16 - Netherlands (2) vs. Slovakia (1) - June 28th

Post you're thoughts about this match.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 00:12   #2
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

The Dutch will win. Maybe a small victory, maybe a big victory. I think kinda the latter.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 00:15   #3
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

I think we should save Robben one more time. Let him play like he did today, the last 15 or 20 minutes.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 00:16   #4
Cristina
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Holland, please beat Slovakia in humiliating fashion.

Thank you.
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 00:27   #5
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Netherlands will win it easily.

I'm kinda worried that Netherlands, together with Argentina, are the only big teams that didn't have tough games so far. I know that some teams had tough games because of lack of organization but nevertheless lack of organization is always a reason to get improved.

I think that dutch players will feel very bad when they face a tough team with the exception of Kuyt, that is fucking badass no matter what happen.

And just to remember, this is Slovakia, not Slovenia. Slovenia is already out. Seriously, do those mad countries that love to get separated think about their children? Isn't history boring enough? Seems like they always need to find new things to study.

God bless the americans, who only study their own country and the ones they're bombing.

Last edited by ww; 25-06-2010 at 00:50.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 00:27   #6
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
Holland, please beat Slovakia in humiliating fashion.

Thank you.
We would lean back and win 3-0 because now we are going to start playing. Group Phase? Just a play ground for us. Work starts now .

Btw the poll is like asking who got more swagg:
Maradona/Lippi or Domenech?

Signature
Quote:
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
Old 25-06-2010, 00:29   #7
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
I think we should save Robben one more time. Let him play like he did today, the last 15 or 20 minutes.
Yes i agree. And i also think Bert will do that. He's very carefull and he always take logical and safe decisions.

Also, we can see that every game until know we play the ball around a lot with the result that our opponents are very tired in the last 20-30 minutes. Let Kuijt start the match and he will wear them out and then let Robben finish it of.

Btw, did you see the interview with Robben after the match. He was really emotional because he's back after all the work he has done in the last few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
Btw the poll is like asking who got more swagg:
Maradona/Lippi or Domenech?
I was in doubt to give these choices:
2-0 win
3-0 win
4-0 win
even bigger win.

I just can't see us losing to Slovakia. They were horrible this tournament. Italy was so pathetic..

Signature
San Paolo
Old 25-06-2010, 00:34   #8
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva0172 View Post
Btw, did you see the interview with Robben after the match. He was really emotional because he's back after all the work he has done in the last few weeks.
Yea, I've seen it. Not just this recovering but generally Robben is unfortunately with injuries. I remember a few years back he was questioning if he should stop or not.

I understand his reaction, its very logical because we know he is probably at his prime now and he has too and wants to preform well at this stage.

Signature
Quote:
Old 25-06-2010, 00:44   #9
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Dutch Oven 19-2 Slovak pussies.

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 00:47   #10
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

I'm happy v Marwijk wasn't satisfied at all. We were a bit sloppy at the back and lacking that decisive ball in the final 3d .

But you can really see what v Marwijk did (for 2 years now). Our basic level is so much better. Even if we don't play well we manage to win our games. We won 8 qualifiers & 3 world cup matches in a row. No other country is as consistent as that.

With Robben back & Slovakia waiting i'm very confident we can reach the final. Will be exciting who we're playing against in the quarter final (wich we'll make for sure .

Signature
San Paolo
Old 25-06-2010, 00:55   #11
Sage
Phase 2

dont mind holland, HATE sniejder, but for the sake of the quality of the tournament, hope slovakia goes out.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 01:13   #12
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista_13_33 View Post
dont mind holland, HATE sniejder, but for the sake of the quality of the tournament, hope slovakia goes out.

What's wrong with quality? Just cause it's players you dunno from mexico, uruguay, chile......?
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 01:15   #13
Milanista
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: 03 , 08

Hup holland hup !!!!!
Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 01:17   #14
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
What's wrong with quality? Just cause it's players you dunno from mexico, uruguay, chile......?
I probably know players than you do, I was talking about the fact if slovakia go through we wouldnt have epic quarter final game as lets say if Holland go through, besides Slovakia are shit, the only reason they qualified is because they got points from 2 shitty teams like italy and new zealand.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 08:58   #15
acm55
Rossonero

4-0
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 09:37   #16
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
no milano the way they were defending today was not that great i agree skrtel and last minute clearance were good but they had an out of shape defensive formation,

IMHO Italy slovakia game was exciting but the quality of a school game(yeah overstating it still not impressed), no i am not dissing anyone, Slovaks need to tighten their defense otherwise the floodgates will open.

Mexico and rest played far better than slovaks till date, i donno what will happen but waiting for a cracker of game and hope that huntelaar will score irrespective of the result
anyway i support the dutch but i like slovakia
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 13:33   #17
Milanista
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm55 View Post
4-0
that will be nice.
Old 25-06-2010, 13:40   #18
Dutchie-Milan
AC Milan Legend

Slovakia wont make it,have you seen the way they defend,just like Ashish said they have to organize and defend like a team.The way Swiss/Japan are doing it.Otherwise Holland will be having great fun humiliating their defenders.....I mean come on,even this crappy Italy said that has 0 creativity except for a Pirlo who wasnt even fit to play created tons of chances......

Imagine what Holland could do then....
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 13:51   #19
GreatKalu
I still believe!

The Dutch have easily been the most impressive European side so far in an otherwise poor showing from Europe this year.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 13:52   #20
Milanista
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
The Dutch have easily been the most impressive European side so far in an otherwise poor showing from Europe this year.
thanks