Kaliris
Reaction score
Sorry even though I love the sport
Football is for women and kids

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ghana_flag.jpg

ghana_flag.jpg

ghana_flag.jpg

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
nah in my work i met few people I asked them how do you feel on usas qualification they were saying yeah its like olympics time every one loves phelphs then saay piss off, same wih soccer.

sad really sad eggball is a disgrace compared to our football but people always have a choice

P.S. dont want to say all of them are like that but whoever i meet in real life acts like that :mad:

Ashish, you are really giving yourself a raw deal. It sounds like you are living in redneck America... wait, you are :D

If you go to New York, Boston, DC, Chicago, San Fran, LA, Miami, etc., you will be blown away by two things.

1) EVERYONE is into the World Cup right now. Everyone.
2) The number of real football fans who actually have been fans of the game for a long time. They are a decent chunk of those who are going crazy in town centers and at city bars.

Similar vibe on university campuses. The young generation, albeit mostly in urban and liberal areas, treats soccer like its basketball or baseball. It is virtually equally popular to those other sports.

Of course in rural places and unfortunately a lot of 'red states', liking soccer simply falls into the line of feeling "un-american" and unpatriotic. These are the people who need to mention that "soccer sucks" every time they see it or hear about it, and these are the people I think you are experiencing.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
honestly im surprised americans are into football. i've always thought they were into basketball, baseball and ice hockey. you guys are arch enemies with the canadians in ice hockey, aren't you ? anyway, im supporting you guys against ghana. gd luck.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
honestly im surprised americans are into football. i've always thought they were into basketball, baseball and ice hockey. you guys are arch enemies with the canadians in ice hockey, aren't you ? anyway, im supporting you guys against ghana. gd luck.

There is a strong base of people who are true football supporters. It starts with those who are ethnically European (like me) or Latin American whose families are relatively recent arrivals to US or are immigrants themselves.

It has also been played by American youth for a long time, but the generation that grew up in the late 80s and early 90s (including 94 WC in USA) has also produced for the first time a massive following. There are tons of people who are <30 years old that follow European football like they follow the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. Right now, everyone is interested in the World Cup, whether or not they fall into this category. I'm sure there will be a few people who remain and cling on afterwards.

Actually, thinking about it, I know several people who fell in love with football after the Istanbul final. Of course they are all now massive Liverpool supporters. :eek:

As for ice hockey... as far as I can tell you it is a very regional sport in the US. It is huge in the north and northeast, but smaller than "soccer" in the west and virtually non-existent in the south. If you lived in Boston, Detroit, Chicago, or Minnesota you would consider hockey to be one of the traditional "big 4" along with american football, basketball, and baseball. But if you lived in Alabama you would have barely heard of it.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
By the way, every American student who has studied abroad in Europe at the least claims to be a football supporter. Oftentimes they show no actual signs of being a real supporter other than say a Ronaldinho jersey that they bought for 90 euro at the San Siro, but at least that's better than being completely ignorant of it
:D

PS- just one thing to also add... while football is clearly growing in the US, it is definitely confined to middle-class and wealthy populations, and recent immigrant groups or first generation Americans . It is generally among those that have a broadened world view and have travelled or those who retain cultural identities that happen to include football.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
@ ali dai...bitch

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif
flag-ghana.gif

(ps i love u actually yeshomo)

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Oh Glenn Beck, clueless about football as well as about politics, religion, culture, etc.

Ok so reasons to go with the US for me: 1. CONCACAF PRIDE. 2. They're actually likeable in football, I've liked their spirit shown in the last 2 games, and I do like that the 95+ elimination goal wasn't just a once in a lifetime thing. 3. They weren't able to beat us, which in my head equates to had we had a good coach who's ego wasn't inflated, we would've gathered their same achievements in the WC. 4. Carlos Bocanegra (btw, I'm not sure if it was him or someone else from the 06' WC USNT that was the cousin of someone I know, hope it was him :tongue: ).

However, I do wish to see an African team reaching the semifinals at least, Ghana is cool with me too, I prefer the US, but wouldn't mind if Ghana made it.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i am going to miss 75% of this game. fuck my FUCKING job and my motherfucking DICKHEAD boss for scheduling me 2 work 2day. WHAAT THE FUUUCK. it had to be this game? this fucking game that i miss? fuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:mad:

so heated rite now

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Too many american sympathizers here. Thought I needed to post this, so everyone hates us again :p

Landon in interview on ESPN seems to know tactically EXACTLY what they need to do.... whether they pull it off.... we'll see

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
But I like that movie...

And I like Gladbach's Michael Bradley... so...

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
USA out for revenge as they face Ghana

USA's reward for beating England to the summit of Group C is a second-round meeting with Ghana instead of Germany. But given that their participation at the 2006 World Cup ended at the hands of the Black Stars, Bob Bradley and his side will not underestimate Saturday's opponents as they look to build on the momentum generated by Landon Donovan's dramatic goal against Algeria.

Carlisle: Five-point plan for USA victory
Four years ago in Germany, USA would have qualified for the knockout stages with a victory over Ghana in their final group game but goals from Haminu Draman and Stephen Appiah in Nuremberg condemned them to an early departure. Nine Ghanaians and seven Americans remain from that contest but, in South Africa, an improved USA side are targeting a place in the quarter-finals, and a meeting with either Uruguay or South Korea.

That they are even contemplating a possible place in the last four of the World Cup is thanks to Donovan. In injury time of their final group game against Algeria, USA were heading out of the competition until the LA Galaxy star displayed a perfect grasp of dramatic timing to snatch top spot away from England. Having outplayed Algeria, suffered injustice at the hands of Slovenia and held England to a draw, USA deserve their place in the second round.

Bradley dropped Oguchi Onyewu for the Algeria game but he could return in defence, while Robbie Findley is back from suspension and will come in for Herculez Gomez.

Ghana have been Africa's leading light in a disappointing tournament for the country and have matched their feat of four years ago when they fell to Brazil in the second round. Milovan Rajevac's side have overcome the pre-tournament loss of Michael Essien but goals are a problem with a 1-0 defeat of Serbia and a 1-1 draw with Australia both secured thanks to penalties from Asamoah Gyan.

To address that concern, Rajevac could hand a first start of the tournament to promising striker Dominic Adiyiah who was named Africa's young player of the year in 2009.

USA player to watch: Michael Bradley. Previously accused of benefiting from nepotism given that his father coaches the national side, the midfielder is very much a star in his own right after a brilliant World Cup to date.

After scoring a crucial goal against Slovenia, Bradley was man-of-the-match in the 1-0 win with Algeria as he impressed with his all-round game.

Snapping into tackles and launching counter-attacks, his was a box-to-box performance and reminiscent of one of his heroes, Roy Keane.

Ghana player to watch: Andre Ayew. Another player who has lived in the shadow of a famous father, Ayew has some act to follow in Ghanaian legend Abedi Pele.

Though his progress at club level has been slow, the Marseille winger is effective for his country and shone at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup and the African Nations Cup before appearing in all three of Ghana's group games in South Africa. Ayew is a sprightly presence out wide and USA will need to keep him quiet.

Key battle: Clint Dempsey v John Pantsil. The Fulham team-mates will indulge in a personal duel on Saturday with Pantsil operating at right back and Dempsey expected to play wide on the left for USA.

Both men boast extensive experience and their contest could be crucial in the context of the game. Dempsey has impressed for USA in South Africa and Pantsil faces a real test in blunting his colleague from Craven Cottage.

Trivia: If Ghana emerge victorious they will match the feats of Senegal (2002) and Cameroon (1990), who are the only two African sides to have made it to a World Cup quarter-final.

Stats: Ghana's past three goals at the World Cup finals (including the second in their 2-1 win over USA in 2006) been from the penalty spot.

Odds: USA (2.70), the draw (3.10) and Ghana (2.87) with Bet365. USA to win in extra time is 13.00.

Prediction: This looks set to be a close contest and do not be surprised if it goes the distance. USA have shown their resilience in the tournament and could just nick it.

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Too many american sympathizers here. Thought I needed to post this, so everyone hates us again :p

Landon in interview on ESPN seems to know tactically EXACTLY what they need to do.... whether they pull it off.... we'll see

South Park creators are geniuses. Some episodes give shivers down my spine like brilliant movies do.

They don't take part of anything, they just show how disgusting the world is.

One funny thing about Glenn Beck's comments is that he says football is something latin and communist but Bob Bradley couldn't look more yankee. The guy should spend a great amount of hours under the greatest sun ever to look a little like a latin.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
United States VS Ghana Lineups

USA
G 1 Tim Howard
CD-L 12 Jonathan Bornstein
CD-R 15 Jay DeMerit
LB 3 Carlos Bocanegra
RB 6 Steve Cherundolo
CM-L 13 Ricardo Clark
CM-R 4 Michael Bradley
LM 10 Landon Donovan
RM 8 Clint Dempsey
CF-L 20 Robbie Findley
CF-R 17 Jozy Altidore

Ghana

G 22 Richard Kingson
CD-L 5 John Mensah
CD-R 8 Jonathan Mensah
LB 2 Hans Sarpei
RB 4 John Pantsil
LM 23 Kevin-Prince Boateng
RM 6 Anthony Annan
F 3 Asamoah Gyan
RCF 21 Kwadwo Asamoah
AM-L 13 Andre Ayew
AM-R 7 Samuel Inkoom

-----------------------------

Neither Dominic Adiyiah or Oguchi Onyewu are in the first call up formation.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Who the fuck is Samuel Inkoom? He has nothing on our :star:Champion:star:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Ah don't worry, I still hate your Dream Team, your baseball NT (only cool place to support commies), and Andy Roddick.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Ah don't worry, I still hate your Dream Team, your baseball NT (only cool place to support commies), and Andy Roddick.

You really watch baseball? Not even americans watch it, they just find it a nice reason to eat some nachos.

And it's impossible to hate their basketball dream team. Watching dream team is like watching a movie, seems like all the moves were choreographed.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Dear god, Landon Donovan's accent is horrific. Worst thing i've heard in weeks. Honestly.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
You really watch baseball? Not even americans watch it, they just find it a nice reason to eat some nachos.

And it's impossible to hate their basketball dream team. Watching dream team is like watching a movie, seems like all the moves were choreographed.
Heh, I don't see much of it, but I do support the teams they face :D, oh come on, don't tell it isn't fun seeing Mexico beating the US in baseball, or Cuba, Domenican Republic, Korea, Japan :D. TBH I don't really care about their Dream Team lossing or winning, though it's nice to see other teams winning too.

Schedule