Champions League Draw AC Milan vs Manchester United
what do you think!?

Last edited:

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
we can win, when we beat man utd the world hopefully wont rank us so badly. the english think they are so awesome, hopefully we can prove them they not as good as milan and italian teams. Forza Milan

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think we can take this, but we have to be careful. They will have revenge on their minds... And I hope carlo kicks merda out of cl

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Odds are 35% Milan goes through, 65% Man Utd. As they have the return match in Old Trafford. All will depend on the first match but I think that one will be a borefest of 0-0 with both sides too scared to lose and play defense maximum.

Inter will get raped though and I will be laughing so loud my neighbour will want to move to Alaska.

deepa_316

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Papa Slivio
Odds are 35% Milan goes through, 65% Man Utd. As they have the return match in Old Trafford. All will depend on the first match but I think that one will be a borefest of 0-0 with both sides too scared to lose and play defense maximum.

Inter will get raped though and I will be laughing so loud my neighbour will want to move to Alaska.

haha yea forza carlo, another moan for jose merda.

as for our game i think we can win but dunno bout the 0-0 as we play this new attackin game i dont think we'll change as leo doesnt no how to an this is wot scares me.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
imagine 0:0 @ San Siro and then Beckham scores FK @ Old Trafford in 90+ :D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
^^ priceless...

I hope we reinforce other than becks though... we need a couple of quality players to win cl

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Edited thread title. The game is on 16-th of February while the other game that night is Real Merda vs Lyon.

zank

CREDIAMO18
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT
Manchester Milan 3-2 - CL 2006/2007 - Highlights ampia Sintesi sky - commento maurizio compagnoni

UEFA Champions League 2007 - AC Milán vs Manchester united 3-0

:proud::proud:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romario, Ronaldo, Kaka are some of the brazilian that had epic performances against Man U. Pato or Ronaldinho to be the next one.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
I hope B&G realize that we need an AMF + CB + LB, we will not going a step ahead if we only have Beckham in JAN.

We can only win the game if Leo predict new style mechanism for attack side and cover well the back side, Here I have to say we need Rino, Flam, and Ambro and Pirlo in MF. IMO

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hope we smash them just to ram it home to those commentators, I'm sick of Souness and the like slating Italian teams week after week

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ferguson: "The Challenge charming fantasy with Milan"

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnotizia=15185

18.12.2009 15.16 by Pietro Mazzara
Source: milannews.it
Sir Alex Ferguson commented on the eighth draw of the Champions held in Nyon that matched his Manchester United to Milan, saying: "We have faced AC Milan many more times, both in the quarter than in the semifinals of the Champions League. It will be a fantastic challenge and I can not wait to play. "

Neither Us We will beat you

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Can anyone find a video of Crespo's header in the 2nd leg AND/OR Scholesy tripping on the corner flag? :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
i didnt want this :(

but its on its on bitches :D buhaaahahahha its all about san siro bitches football revolves around milan :D

i demand fair team selection from now ownwards, a great cam along with pirlo and seedorf and a lb and a winger,

we meet real madrid we win the cl we meet manure we reach final

and if one of our gonna be symbol leave milan for money, we will take back our big eared fella.

this time i am wary of manure they are a team and now klaasy will not be sold to manure, heck i see a hattrick from him at old trafford ala r9 style :D

forzaa pirlo forza seedorf and forza leonardo just win it ;)
:beer:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inert draws Chelsea and we get ManU. Nice. Who says the CL draws aren't fixed?

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Can't wait for this game, seriously. The players will be fired up, the only question mark or the thing that worries me will be Leo's coaching ability against that of Sir Alex.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Not a tragic draw by any means.

Ah MM, I used to have Scholes tripping while doing a corner kick against us in my youtube favorites (it was like one of the first things I looked for in youtube) it got removed. Someone has to have it, but I don't wanna look through it. I also have Crespo's goal on my Ipod (part of a cheesy compilation I made), but the video got lost with the virus we got back in July.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a United fan from Manchester but I also follow AC quite fondly as i've signed up on this forum a long time before this draw was made, but never really posted much.

I think this is going to be a great game personally. Obviously as a United fan i reckon we'll win this but i think it will be close and i'm not totally confident.

Defense wise i think on paper our's is a little better and we have a little more substitutes than Milan do. I'd say Vidic is on par, maybe slightly better than Nesta now. I'm no way saying that Nesta is bad, in fact a prime Nesta is probably the fourth best defender i've ever seen, behind Beckenbauer, Baresi and Costacurta. However now he is rather injury prone. I'd have Ferdinand over Thiago Silva because he has tonnes of experience and two seasons ago he was, IMO the best centre back in Europe. I have not seen Silva often enough, but he has a good future ahead of him barring injuries of course. I don’t rate Oneyawu, and I never will do. I think Johnny evans is a far better defender than him. I reckon that Evra is one of the best left backs in Europe and although jankulovski is excellent he is not as good as Evra. Right back I don’t rate Bonera or Oddo. I think Gary Neville is better than Bonera. As for Oddo well I think he is around the same as Brown. Zambrotta is good but keep in mind we also have Rafael and Fabio on the fullbacks reign coming through :p I do think Kaladze is a good player but I believe he is on the decline and I although I reckon he is still better than John O’shea he won’t last that much longer.

Central midfield is the place I believe Milan are a bit better than United on paper. Pirlo is better than all our midfielders but I believe although the first Xi Milan CM is better, we have better bench players. You guys have Flamini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini and Seedorf as your first team. Gattuso I reckon is past it and doesn’t really have the legs his game depends on. Pirlo as mentioned is still class. Flamini was excellent at Arsenal but I don’t think he is as good anymore and he is not really on the first team anymore. Ambrosini is a hard worker who is a very good leader and he is a rare midfielder who can head the ball. Seedorf is very good again a bit old and on the decline. We have Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Hargreaves and Gibson. You won’t have heard of Gibson but he is a decent distributor and has one hell of a powerful shot. Fletcher is probably our best midfielder as he never tires and can control the midfield very well. Anderson is very topsy turvy. On his day he can be immense pumping 50 yard balls to the wingers but when he is bad he cant even place a 10 yard pass. However he gives our midfield something different and he is one of the few players in our midfield who can run with the ball. Scholes you must all know, he is on the decline but still good. Giggs again you will know, he is actually playing immense considering his age and has become one of our best players again! Hargreaves is an uncertainty, if he is fully fit then he is excellent, as he is very hard in the tackle and is a good clone of Gattuso, but the thing is he is rarely fit. However I think in the game Carrick must play. His style suits Serie A teams as he is slow but an excellent passer and most Serie A teams play slow paced football. Carrick has excellent vision and is the closest thing to Pirlo that we have ;) Overall I think that Your XI is better than ours in central midfield but our bench is far better.

Wingers. I won’t go into AC Milan wingers as you don’t have any real wingers lol. But we have quite a lot. First off is Nani. Waste of space. Don’t even consider him. On his day he can rip the best full backs to shreds. Unfortunately his day is 1/38. Can cross beautifully but never does it at the right time. Tries to rip the entire opposition team but then dribbles to the corner flag and looses it. Has one hell of a good accurate shot though. However he overdoes things and is selfish and has poor decision making.
Valencia is probably our best winger. He is quite complete. He can pass very well as he can also play CM, he can dribble well and his acceleration is incredible. He can cross very well and can also score goals. Only think is he is a bit one footed and is often rather predictable and does not cut in very often. Obertan is the next coming of Christ, honestly! Next Ronaldo! Okay, not quite but you know what I mean. He has tricks, and bags of them. If you see highlights of the Wolfsburg game, he alone dribbled past 3 defenders with a load of stepovers and other tricks and squared it to owen who scored a tap in. Gonna be a great one for the future. Very quick, decent cross and has immense dribbling skills. Finally, Park Ji-Sung. He is a workhorse on the wing, he will mark somebody all day long and not tire. He can get into good positions and his interchange is pretty good. However he is good and nothing more, squad player for us.

As for forwards, I think we have the advantage in that respect. Rooney on paper is the best player on the pitch and can do some incredible stuff. He is like a striker who scores lots of goals and creates lots of passes and assists. You all know about him though, he is explosive. Pato is a very good player and will cause us problems. Huntelaar is do not rate, has been average in every league apart from the Dutch. Ronaldinho I’m not sure, if he plays to his full ability he will be better than Rooney but he has been clearly on the decline and I doubt he will play to his full ability. Berbatov is a very creative player who can keep the ball and is very hard to take off him. He plays with a very relaxed and smooth style but can often be a little frustrating.

Overall I think we have the edge but we will have to see as paper really means nothing. Here are my predicted scores

San Siro – 1-1 (Pato 37), (Rooney 68)
Old Trafford 1-0 (Berbatov 31)

Hope for an excellent game ;)

I've left Beckham out because i havn't really seen him play for years literally and i'm not sure if he will start...

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I totally forgot about Beckham playing against ManU, interesting, is this the first time this will happen?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Reading your (man U milan) post ^

I am very confident in Milan win now

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
What is it with the English and the word "reckon"?

Schedule