Alessandro Nesta Thread

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DugiNesta said:
Gattuso: "Prima Istanbul, ora abbiamo la sindrome da Playstation..."

Rino Gattuso non va per il sottile e commenta a modo suo la vicenda dell'infortunio di Nesta: "Prima avevamo la sindrome di Istanbul, ora abbiamo quella della Playstation. La gente mi incontra per strada e mi chiede se davvero Nesta si è infortunato giocando con la tastiera. Una vicenda del genere alla Juve non sarebbe mai successa, il putiferio sarebbe stato blooccato prima. Loro sono bravi in questa cose. Al Milan piace comunicare e qualsiasi cosa accade non ci si chiude".

Can Translate this Please :)

So this is what he said ? Hm, Galliani insisted Rino was misunderstood. Bull :D I guess he bitches loud + clear about folks at Milan being too 'communicative' while at Juve embarrassing stuff like that would have never found its way into the public. Bull again I say :tongue:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Passion for *9* said:
So this is what he said ? Hm, Galliani insisted Rino was misunderstood. Bull :D I guess he bitches loud + clear about folks at Milan being too 'communicative' while at Juve embarrassing stuff like that would have never found its way into the public. Bull again I say :tongue:

Thanx For that :conf:

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
milanist said:
A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT
10/12/2005
MILAN - A.C. Milan have announced that Alessandro Nesta’s injury was caused exclusively by playing soccer and not by playing videogames. This conclusion was supported during this morning’s surgical procedure. The injury was not preventable. The statements about the correspdance between the injury and videogames that some newspapers printed were improperly attributed to Dr. Massimiliano Sala and without foundation. These things are very bad for the reputation of Nesta and A.C. Milan’s doctor.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

:tongue:

Thats some funny shit. Imagine if someone got a videogame injury. Ridiculous.

julia22

Life is now xD
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
the injury was because he fall down on the scahlke - milan match...... well, that's what i saw on tv...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Maybe Nesta injuried his hand doing something else LOL

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It only matters that he's ready for the Juventus clash! :cool:

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
San Paolo said:

That nearly made me spurt coffee out my nose. :tongue: Poor Sandro.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
San Paolo said:

LOL! , only if his gf isnt there around.. :) but still .. I doubt .. becouse its the left hand..

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
besikaka said:
LOL! , only if his gf isnt there around.. :) but still .. I doubt .. becouse its the left hand..

LoL :eek:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
San Paolo said:
:eek:

besikaka said:
LOL! , only if his gf isnt there around.. but still .. I doubt .. becouse its the left hand..
Just curious, why do you doubt about it if it's the left hand?

LOL! Getting a hand injury playing playstation! Hahaha.

Last edited:

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Possible contract extension.

Nesta set for new Milan deal Saturday 22 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has confirmed that Alessandro Nesta will “end his career at the San Siro” after proposing a new contract.

“Nesta will be playing in a Rossoneri jersey until the end of his career,” he assured of the 29-year-old. “The fans should rest easy, as at the right time we will extend his contract.”

Several players at the club have penned new deals recently, including Andriy Shevchenko, Massimo Ambrosini, Clarence Seedorf and Kaka.

“None of our regular first team players have ever walked out on Milan. Those who were looking for more space left, sad and speaking very highly of the club, but the key members of the squad have always stayed.”

Galliani was speaking to Milan Channel and trying to quash reports of multi-million pound offers from Chelsea and Real Madrid for the likes of Kaka, Shevchenko, Gennaro Gattuso, Kakha Kaladze and Nesta.

The former Lazio captain has been at the San Siro since 2002 and his current contract expires in 2008, but it’s expected a two-year extension is imminent. Nesta is currently sidelined for a month after surgery on a ruptured tendon in his hand.

Milan welcome Palermo on Sunday afternoon, but will be without Shevchenko after the Ukrainian suffered a bruised heel during the 0-0 draw with PSV Eindhoven.

“I spoke to Sheva and he’s not sure whether or not he can recover in time for next week’s match with Juventus, but we have such a quality squad that we’re in a condition to do well even without the reigning European Player of the Year.”

Christian Vieri will instead take centre stage alongside Alberto Gilardino on Sunday and he hopes to break his goal drought in Serie A.

“He is relaxed and has the total faith and confidence of the entire club behind him,” assured Galliani. “He is working hard, holding up the ball and doing great work for his team-mates and the moment he scores that pressure will be lifted. There are analogies with Hernan Crespo’s start last season, although I hope it won’t take Vieri until November 20 to open his account! I am certain it was not a mistake to bring him to Milan.”

The news about Sheva sucks though, we need him against Juve! :(

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
About this news: I don't think any of our top players will ever be sold to another team, because Milan don't do that. So this Nesta contract extension was very predictable, and also applies to other fundamental players in the team. Is kinda cool to not have to worry you'll lose any good player due to finance problems.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
will alessandro nesta play against juve

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
DugiNesta said:
will alessandro nesta play against juve
we dont know for sure, time will tell.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
we dont know for sure, time will tell.

i hope Nesta and Sheva Play Against juve

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
DugiNesta said:
i hope Nesta and Sheva Play Against juve
we all wish that Nesta & Sheva will recover till then :star:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
we all wish that Nesta & Sheva will recover till then :star:

Thanx for the support

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
SANDRO NESTA...

* was born in Rome at 10:30 .Was a beautiful baby of 4 kilos and 100 grs and he is the youngest of 3 children: his siblings are Fernando Nesta(his older brother and confidant. Currently in charge of all of Sandro's affairs as his manager) and Katia Nesta, his older sister, who sadly passed away in feb2000.
* has a happy childhood in his quarter of Cinecittà , in the suburbs of Rome. He attends the primary school at "Margherita Bosco"
* chose play football because his doctor recommended him to practise a sport since he has some problems with his back
* when was child, always played football in a little field near home with his brother and some friends. When he was 8, he started to play in a real football team.
* has been playing with Lazio since he was 9, a quite long time devoted to Lazio!
* became internationally known when he accidently broke Paul Gascoigne's leg during a training session. Some people said that Sandro cried, but Gazza didn't blaim him, because it was an onfortunate accident.
* and Fabio Cannavaro have known each other the longest in the national teams (under 16 through to seniors) ... He is good friend lately with Tomassi (AS Roma) and has shared rooms with Cannavaro and Del Vecchio
* lives together with his fiancée, Gabriella , for over a year now, in a private, residential area called Olgiata near Formello, where Lazio's training center is based.
* loves chocolate! He admitted he once ate 3 kilo's of Dolce in a couple of daysduring the summer holidays (1999). He knows it is bad for his condition, but he cannot resist them.
* has a labrador called Pino (Italian for Goofy, his favourite Disney character)and a cat called Fernando
* played a cameo role in a movie called "Papparazzi".
* recently signed a new contract with Lazio, which should keep him secure at the club until 2006. He is now the best payed defender in the world (5$ million per season)
* wears a golden ring, what looks like a wedding ring, on his left ringfinger, since September 2000. When asked about it, he claims it is a present ... He believes he is too young still for marriage, but when he is ready to have children (and he wants many!), you will find him at the altar.
* has his first love at age 13 (and it's a secret)
* when asked what kind of girls he likes, although he claims he is not attracted to other girls, because his heart belongs to Gabriella, he says: tall, latino type, gentle and intelligent (he doens't like ignorant girls)
* is very strongly against invasion of his privacy. He refuses to answer questions about his private life, because he believes his life off the pitch belongs to him. He also stays far away from 'tabloid press' infested parties and prefers to live a calm life at home.
* There has been quite some controversy about the issue whether was chanted "Juve, Juve Vafancullo!"("Juve, Juve Fuck Off!") or not, with Lazio fans at the end of the'Scudetto'season. He claimed he was not in the group who shouted those words ... though his mother confronted him the next day, for she believed she had heard his voice...
* played a lot in midfield when he was younger, but guarantees that he has a defenders feet.
* believes that his greatest asset as a player is his mind, because he can stays concentrated for long periods of time. Therefore Nesta admits that there are many defects, too many to mention... but if he had to name one, would be his feet ...He'd like to have better control. (?!?!?!)
* thinks that there many problems in football...but the biggest problem at moment, for players, is the doping. For him, Its a strange situation that has not been regulated correctly and the effects of it have been ignored. Then there are other issues like racism
* as didn't study to much, probably would be in another sport, like tennis, if he was not footballer.
* admits that his worst personal habit is wake up very late. When he's not in training he gets up at one oclock.
* loves to wind down in the countryside. He retreats to the old house of his grandmother(mother's side), because when he shuts the front door there, he leaves the world outside and can truely relax.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NESTA: ‘More courageous’

NESTA: ‘More courageous’

MILAN – La Gazzeta dello Sport, again on Page 5, published an interview with Alessandro Nesta: ‘Milan have grown both technically and tactically. We have found a better sense of courage and maybe even greater confidence in ourselves, in everything that we do. Which of my team-mates did I find the most impressive against Udinese? Serginho. Did you see how he performed in attack on Sunday? He has really improved, especially with regards his attacking. My contract with Milan? I have another three years with this contract and there is time to renew it. For me there are no problems or doubts.’

From acmilan.com

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kakacalcio said:
SANDRO NESTA...

* was born in Rome at 10:30 .Was a beautiful baby of 4 kilos and 100 grs and he is the youngest of 3 children: his siblings are Fernando Nesta(his older brother and confidant. Currently in charge of all of Sandro's affairs as his manager) and Katia Nesta, his older sister, who sadly passed away in feb2000.
* has a happy childhood in his quarter of Cinecittà , in the suburbs of Rome. He attends the primary school at "Margherita Bosco"
* chose play football because his doctor recommended him to practise a sport since he has some problems with his back
* when was child, always played football in a little field near home with his brother and some friends. When he was 8, he started to play in a real football team.
* has been playing with Lazio since he was 9, a quite long time devoted to Lazio!
* became internationally known when he accidently broke Paul Gascoigne's leg during a training session. Some people said that Sandro cried, but Gazza didn't blaim him, because it was an onfortunate accident.
* and Fabio Cannavaro have known each other the longest in the national teams (under 16 through to seniors) ... He is good friend lately with Tomassi (AS Roma) and has shared rooms with Cannavaro and Del Vecchio
* lives together with his fiancée, Gabriella , for over a year now, in a private, residential area called Olgiata near Formello, where Lazio's training center is based.
* loves chocolate! He admitted he once ate 3 kilo's of Dolce in a couple of daysduring the summer holidays (1999). He knows it is bad for his condition, but he cannot resist them.
* has a labrador called Pino (Italian for Goofy, his favourite Disney character)and a cat called Fernando
* recently signed a new contract with Lazio, which should keep him secure at the club until 2006. He is now the best payed defender in the world (5$ million per season)
* wears a golden ring, what looks like a wedding ring, on his left ringfinger, since September 2000. When asked about it, he claims it is a present ... He believes he is too young still for marriage, but when he is ready to have children (and he wants many!), you will find him at the altar.
* when asked what kind of girls he likes, although he claims he is not attracted to other girls, because his heart belongs to Gabriella, he says: tall, latino type, gentle and intelligent (he doens't like ignorant girls)
* is very strongly against invasion of his privacy. He refuses to answer questions about his private life, because he believes his life off the pitch belongs to him. He also stays far away from 'tabloid press' infested parties and prefers to live a calm life at home.
* There has been quite some controversy about the issue whether was chanted "Juve, Juve Vafancullo!"("Juve, Juve Fuck Off!") or not, with Lazio fans at the end of the'Scudetto'season. He claimed he was not in the group who shouted those words ... though his mother confronted him the next day, for she believed she had heard his voice...
* played a lot in midfield when he was younger, but guarantees that he has a defenders feet.
* believes that his greatest asset as a player is his mind, because he can stays concentrated for long periods of time. Therefore Nesta admits that there are many defects, too many to mention... but if he had to name one, would be his feet ...He'd like to have better control. (?!?!?!)
* thinks that there many problems in football...but the biggest problem at moment, for players, is the doping. For him, Its a strange situation that has not been regulated correctly and the effects of it have been ignored. Then there are other issues like racism
* as didn't study to much, probably would be in another sport, like tennis, if he was not footballer.
* admits that his worst personal habit is wake up very late. When he's not in training he gets up at one oclock.
* loves to wind down in the countryside. He retreats to the old house of his grandmother(mother's side), because when he shuts the front door there, he leaves the world outside and can truely relax.
LOL...where'd you find all that? :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh...I thought it was on acmilan.com or something like that. Guess not.

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i can't remember where i got it from but it had lots of information about different players though i remember reading that years ago on a different site.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
LOL...where'd you find all that? :)

one day i found one just like this in wikipedia.org :)

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how nesta is perceived in italy,is it true he's publicity shy and if thats true why has he just signed to adidas got his own clothing label and stuff like that,is he seen as the nice guy of italian football or arrogant etc. he's why i started watching italian football but abroad anyway almost nothing is known of him,he should be a "household name" but he's not. can anyone go into detail about why this is.i would much appreciate it.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nesta not the Player he Was

Ok guys it's time to face the cold hard truth, I would not even put Nesta in the top 10 central class defenders in the world right now. His form this year, and late last year, has dropped a few notches and I think it's in part due to his age which is 29. Now I know defenders can go beyond that, nobody proves that better than Maldini, but to retain that form, many trainners say you have to almost double your trainning effort to stay in the same shape you were in your early 20's. Somethign that I don't think Nesta has done, by his own admission he tells people that on his days where he dosen't train with Milan, he sleeps in until 1 in the afternoon.

I actually really think that Nesta does have a vidio game addiction, that although might not have caused his earlier injury, that coupled with his laziness to step up trainning might account for his dip in form.

We are so lucky he did not give a penalty away int hat SHalke game as he clearly tugged the shirt of one player when he was dribling inside the box.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Marco Azzuri said:
Ok guys it's time to face the cold hard truth, I would not even put Nesta in the top 10 central class defenders in the world right now. His form this year, and late last year, has dropped a few notches and I think it's in part due to his age which is 29. Now I know defenders can go beyond that, nobody proves that better than Maldini, but to retain that form, many trainners say you have to almost double your trainning effort to stay in the same shape you were in your early 20's. Somethign that I don't think Nesta has done, by his own admission he tells people that on his days where he dosen't train with Milan, he sleeps in until 1 in the afternoon.

I actually really think that Nesta does have a vidio game addiction, that although might not have caused his earlier injury, that coupled with his laziness to step up trainning might account for his dip in form.

We are so lucky he did not give a penalty away int hat SHalke game as he clearly tugged the shirt of one player when he was dribling inside the box.

You're absolutely correct. Nesta is a pitiful defender....way past it at 29.. we should sell him to Juventus.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You must be out of your mind! Nesta is the number one central defender for me. Not performing like he should at the moment doesn't mean he's finished and that we should sell him! :head:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
kakacalcio said:
SANDRO NESTA...

Nice. I like this guy. He and I got similar characters. And this:
There has been quite some controversy about the issue whether was chanted "Juve, Juve Vafancullo!"("Juve, Juve Fuck Off!") or not, with Lazio fans at the end of the'Scudetto'season. He claimed he was not in the group who shouted those words ... though his mother confronted him the next day, for she believed she had heard his voice...
is hilarious!

Congo Powers said:
You're absolutely correct. Nesta is a pitiful defender....way past it at 29.. we should sell him to Juventus.

You're joking, right? :)

Schedule