Manuel Rui Costa Thread

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Good bye, Rui. Thanks for everything, especially our wonderful season in Champions League 2002/2003.

BMWTaylor said:
I have a back issue of Forza Milan in which Sheva, Costa and Dida all appear on the cover, with the headline "2006 - Year of the Tsar (Sheva)" in huge letters on the front. And now one is confirmed gone while the other two are likely on their way. The SI cover jinx has apparently spread to Italy.
It is on english or italian, BMW? I'd like to have it but it seems so hard to find it here. Anyone knows the link to download he pdf files :cool:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
A. Pirlo, Albertini, Boban, Savicevic, Papin, Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Costacurta
As a portuguese ACM fan, I'm very proud of what Rui Costa has achieved with ACM. And I wish him all the luck in the world in his personal life.

In his sports life, as a FC Porto fan as well, I can't wish him all the best... But I hope he does well, although the team hoppefully don't! ;)

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
can someone upload his video from the official Milan website? it's only available in the Italian site... thanks in advance...

Reaction score
Thank you!!

All Benfica supporters wish to thank you all Milan fans all the support given to our MAESTRO RUI COSTA all these years.

He is now back where he belong.

Here is a post card Rui sends you, taken on the day of his presentation carrying our symbol Vitoria eagle, in our Cathedral, da Luz Stadium.

Thank you all

http://www.slbenfica.pt/wallpapers/ruicosta1_800x600.jpg

Last edited:

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
S.L.B. GLORIOSO said:
All Benfica supporters which to thank you all Milan fans all the support given to our MAESTRO RUI COSTA all these years.

Here is a post card Rui sends you, taken on the day of his presentation carrying our symbol Vitoria eagle, in our Cathedral, da Luz Stadium.

Thank you all

COOL :D

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
S.L.B. GLORIOSO said:
All Benfica supporters wish to thank you all Milan fans all the support given to our MAESTRO RUI COSTA all these years.

Thank you all

Hey, its always cool to see other fans. I have been always a big fan of that eagle, it looks soooooooo cool

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
My favourite Rui moment was the through pass he made for Sheva against Madrid in the 2002/2003 group stage match at the San Siro. A great player!

He looks scared with the eagle though ... :)

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
My favourite Rui moment was the through pass he made for Sheva against Madrid in the 2002/2003 group stage match at the San Siro. A great player!

He looks scared with the eagle though ... :)
LOL....he is used to a cute diavolo not that scary eagle :)

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
To me you are the best playmaker ever, Rui!
Unfortunately you were better with Fiorentina than with us. But it doesn't care!

I wish you all the best in your future! Thanks a lot, maestro!

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
'I haven't had time to say good-bye to all the people I got to know in my five years at Milan before returning to Portugal, I haven't had a chance to speak to the press. So, I will start now.' Manuel Rui Costa has been on the phone from the Algarve with Milan Channel after leaving Milan to return to his first club Benfica. 'I would like to thank Doctor Galliani who gave me permission to live my dream and return home.' It was not an easy choice for the playmaker who inherited the number 10 shirt from Zvone Boban and went on to enjoy five successful years at the Rossoneri. He remembered: 'I was still playing at Florence and there was this youngster playing at Reggio Calabria who stole my place for a short time. I hold Andrea Pirlo in high esteem. I have seen him change roles and become the best Italian midfielder in front of the defence. Then, Kakà took my shirt and I have to say that Milan became stronger thanks to him. These two players are both young and have the quality so the number 10 shirt at Milan is safe for at least another ten years.'

Well, its totally totally oficial, bye rui

By the way, when are mods going to close this thread, stam's, and schevchenko's? Isnt about time?

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
How can i get the video from the official site? :p
Especially the one with Rui!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Jasper said:
How can i get the video from the official site? :p
Especially the one with Rui!
ask DugiNesta... he taught me how... but i forgot...

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
-grazie RUI that's all we can say to this great man.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
"I haven't had time to say good-bye to all the people I got to know in my five years at Milan before returning to Portugal, I haven't had a chance to speak to the press. So, I will start now.' Manuel Rui Costa has been on the phone from the Algarve with Milan Channel after leaving Milan to return to his first club Benfica. 'I would like to thank Doctor Galliani who gave me permission to live my dream and return home.' It was not an easy choice for the playmaker who inherited the number 10 shirt from Zvone Boban and went on to enjoy five successful years at the Rossoneri. He remembered: 'I was still playing at Florence and there was this youngster playing at Reggio Calabria who stole my place for a short time. I hold Andrea Pirlo in high esteem. I have seen him change roles and become the best Italian midfielder in front of the defence. Then, Kakà took my shirt and I have to say that Milan became stronger thanks to him. These two players are both young and have the quality so the number 10 shirt at Milan is safe for at least another ten years.'"

Thanx Rui for all that u did for us,i wish u win the cup there in portugal(dont think there its call scudeto 2:)) dunno the name:p ) My only regret is that in the past 2 season he dident play in the starting 11 whit kaka ,i dunno i would have loved 2 see them both on the field.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
If you'd ask me then taking off the sticky would be the best option. After some time we come back to these threads to remember the nice moments they gave or whatever.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jasper said:
If you'd ask me then taking off the sticky would be the best option. After some time we come back to these threads to remember the nice moments they gave or whatever.
Yes, but in football forum, he is no longer a part of the team

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
OK, here it is, Rui Costa's Serie A statistics while playing for Milan. All due respect to him, but gotta be one of the easiest to compile :D. It will certainly be longer if we count his assists.

Season 01-02 : 0
Season 02-03 : 0
Season 03-04 : 3 (vs Ancona, Perugia, Brescia)
Season 04-05 : 1 (vs Brescia)
Season 05-06 : 0

I don't know his tally in Serie A but I remember he scored 2-3 goals.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
OK, here it is, Rui Costa's Serie A statistics while playing for Milan. All due respect to him, but gotta be one of the easiest to compile :D. It will certainly be longer if we count his assists.

Season 01-02 : 0
Season 02-03 : 0
Season 03-04 : 3 (vs Ancona, Perugia, Brescia)
Season 04-05 : 1 (vs Brescia)
Season 05-06 : 0

I don't know his tally in Serie A but I remember he scored 2-3 goals.
LOL, most definetely he was an assist man.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ACMCEAR said:
Yes, but in football forum, he is no longer a part of the team
We'll move it to Football pretty soon. 'Kay? :)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
^^^^
Work done :)

Alas! Rui gets relegated here too ;)

Moved.

balladlover

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all ACM players + Torres & Gallas
rui is gone, its about game
he is kinda old as an attacking midfielder

balladlover

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all ACM players + Torres & Gallas
rui is gone, its about time

he is kinda old as an attacking midfielder

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I could care less about Rui being gone from Milan. However, this man has been one of my favorites for the last 15 years. An elegeant trequartista of the highest order, he has simply been a joy to watch in the Serie A for the last decade. Sublime control and the ability to unlock even Sacchi's Milan wall of the late 80's.....Rui is a true maestro.

Watch him while you still can. A true legend and someone who belongs in the annals of Serie A and Portuguese football lore.

Schedule