Andrea Pirlo Thread

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milanista1899 said:
Your too much in love with borigol..you seem to quote him in every post.. :)

ecI = Belen Rodriguez, don't tell anyone....psssssszt!

:D

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
madtherchot said:
Nah ... don't think so. If that was the case + according to you, Pirlo has been underperforming for years, then why didn't they do this earlier? And don't tell me its because we have more options this season ... since aside from Flamini, our midfield has stayed as is, with Gourcuff and Brocchi departing.

Pirlo isn't Dinho, and thank goodness, Milan certainly aren't Barca :D
It was a joke actually.

Of course Pirlo isnt Dinho.
Pirlo need 2 do a lot 2 do what Dinho did.
Dinho was the best in the world 4 more than 3 years & when played bad he carried his team ALONE & only lost the league during the last matches.
Pirlo was never the best in the world since he was never our best or not even our best midfielder ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I was 'joking' too. I wasn't comparing Pirlo and Dinho, and I thought that you'd know better than to think that. I just said that just because the scenario you depicted actually took place with beloved Dinho + Barca doesn't mean its happening here at Milan with Pirlo. Thats all. Who said Pirlo was better than Dinho? :rolleyes:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
I was 'joking' too. I wasn't comparing Pirlo and Dinho, and I thought that you'd know better than to think that. I just said that just because the scenario you depicted actually took place with beloved Dinho + Barca doesn't mean its happening here at Milan with Pirlo. Thats all. Who said Pirlo was better than Dinho? :rolleyes:
My bad then.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Apology accepted :D

Just for the record though, Pirlo has 2 UCLs and 1 WC, while Dinho, 1 UCL and 1 WC. Pirlo very influential in his WC medal while Dinho in his UCL. Of course, on individual awards, Dinho wins ... but thats mainly because they are a completely different type of player, and the award is more inclined toward attackers.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Apology accepted :D

Just for the record though, Pirlo has 2 UCLs and 1 WC, while Dinho, 1 UCL and 1 WC. Pirlo very influential in his WC medal while Dinho in his UCL. Of course, on individual awards, Dinho wins ... but thats mainly because they are a completely different type of player, and the award is more inclined toward attackers.

Dinho never played that great with Brazil , Pirlo is better.
But I refuse 2 judge a player during 1 tournament.
Playing week in & week out with the team is the benchmark & Dinho was more influential 2 his team much , much more than Pirlo & that include the CL.
Anyway , we have both now & I hope they continue giving us titles.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Andrea update from Dr. Manara:

'Andrea just started the physiotherapy. Unfortunately the player had a muscular lesion to his right thigh. At the moment he is sad and in pain. I think the recovery times will be those indicated by yesterday's official note (45-60 days).'
acmilan.com

Poor Andrea, hope he gets well soon.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Lisa said:
Andrea update from Dr. Manara:

'Andrea just started the physiotherapy. Unfortunately the player had a muscular lesion to his right thigh. At the moment he is sad and in pain. I think the recovery times will be those indicated by yesterday's official note (45-60 days).'
acmilan.com
It seems like a diagnosis taken from FM.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Take ur time 2 recover & dont rush back.......

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Wild said:
Take ur time 2 recover & dont rush back.......
careful wild, some people might ALMOST think that you care about him! :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Everything is going according to plan. The team will be even more energetic + dynamic, waiting for Pirlo to come and orchestrate. You have too little faith.

ecI

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva
It would be nice for him to have to fight for his place when he gets back.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:
Everything is going according to plan. The team will be even more energetic + dynamic, waiting for Pirlo to come and orchestrate. You have too little faith.
We r orchestrating much better without him.
Rather than him playin 34.5 passes & we r still in our area now we r faster & more creative.
Creative ? LOL
We have a playmaker that we create more chances when he doesnt play :D

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
He hasn't been at his best lately. Even for Italy. But you and I both know that when he's in top form, he's simply the best for his position. And sure Clarence is doing well to orchestrate ... but you could tell he's not doing it with the ease and elegance that Pirlo sumptuously goes about business. He's been the rhythm setter in our team for 5+ years, and what did we win? And if we were to add each player's playing time over this time period (5+) then I'm certain Pirlo would have played almost, if not THE most. The least we can do is sit back, encourage, and see how he does when he returns. He will have more than adequate competition to justify his place, thats for sure ... but we still have to find out if indeed he can justify his place.

You of little faith ...

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
'Even Andrea had an ultrasound made this morning that showed good progress. It will do another 9 or Oct. 10. But the picture has improved considerably '.
acmilan.com

Good news! Looks like Andrea is a fast healer like Rino. :)

MP3

Beginner
Reaction score
Please Andrea, take your time, you need to heal right way, so take a rest of 4-6 months... :D

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
He hasn't been at his best lately. Even for Italy. But you and I both know that when he's in top form, he's simply the best for his position. And sure Clarence is doing well to orchestrate ... but you could tell he's not doing it with the ease and elegance that Pirlo sumptuously goes about business. He's been the rhythm setter in our team for 5+ years, and what did we win? And if we were to add each player's playing time over this time period (5+) then I'm certain Pirlo would have played almost, if not THE most. The least we can do is sit back, encourage, and see how he does when he returns. He will have more than adequate competition to justify his place, thats for sure ... but we still have to find out if indeed he can justify his place.

You of little faith ...

He is a good player but he is like that in only 5 games per season, otherwise he plays average or bad...I would like him to be good again and with much players to compete for the first team spot Pirlo may fight like a lion to get his place and will eventually imrpove his performance...but at the moment I dont see him in our starting lineup as Seedorf plays good, and 2 real DM are a must when we play with 3 attackers (Kaka + 2 ST).

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I have a feeling the Pirlo coming back will be the Pirlo of 2 years ago, I dont expect a great first game from him since I cannot remember the last time hes been out for so long, but within 2-3 games we will be seeing the milan machine work again and he will be dictating the play again. finally good to see us with so many options, this injury came at the right moment as it allowed us to find a good replacement which no one believed we had, Seedorf. and it allowed us to try new formations.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Jivara said:
I have a feeling the Pirlo coming back will be the Pirlo of 2 years ago, I dont expect a great first game from him since I cannot remember the last time hes been out for so long, but within 2-3 games we will be seeing the milan machine work again and he will be dictating the play again. finally good to see us with so many options, this injury came at the right moment as it allowed us to find a good replacement which no one believed we had, Seedorf. and it allowed us to try new formations.

I hope for this scenario. He is type of player that can decide a match with one good free kick. Not that he was any successful before the injury, but I'm sure that he didn't lose the touch. He has to train very hard in order to get his spot back. I'm willing to give him another chance. God speed Andrea and you better move your lazy ass when you get back!

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Jivara said:
I have a feeling the Pirlo coming back will be the Pirlo of 2 years ago.
I hope so, that would be awsome.

Also, isn't it nice that this year we have enough cover for Pirlo?
If he was out for 45 days last year, we would have seen Brocchi and Emerson take his place. :rolleyes:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Wild said:
Take ur time + dont hurry up :)
Read last two pages of this thread and think about your own quotes about dogs chasing you ...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Cristina said:
If he was out for 45 days last year, we would have seen Brocchi and Emerson take his place. :rolleyes:
That's pretty much the reason why I believe he'll come back to his best, he has some competition that could wake him up + he has good cover ups, which can help him rest more. I still do, however, hope that he is resting all he can in this months, and I hope that he doesn't rush back from his recovery (as I think this injury can help him clear out his mind out of football for a while).

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Cristina said:
I hope so, that would be awsome.

yeah!!!and that would be a true nightmare!!!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MILAN - Today Andrea Pirlo talked to Milan Channel, here are his declarations:

"I'm doing a bit better, I am following all the cures, but there is still some time left before I make my return on the pitch. Milan have done well in midfield without me, with Gattuso, Ambrosini, and Seedorf, and I have to say everyone behaved well here. The midfielders who went on the pitch have different characteristics from mine, but the formation was always the same and this is also an important detail for the team as a whole."

More from Andrea: "This year it's a balanced league, there are many good teams and the quality of the league has increased a lot. The medium and smaller teams play very well, it will be a long battle for everyone, but it's better like this. I was very unhappy not to play the derby, especially considering the final result. It went well, but it's always disappointing to miss a game like that."

"Nesta is very important both defensively and going forward because he often starts up the play, he's like an added midfielder who starts from behind. Now he's doing well, he is training with the team and soon we will see him back on the pitch soon. Pato's free kick (against Zurich at home)? It was a nice shot which allowed us to score, but it's not thanks to my teachings, even though it was nice to see that the team was able to score from free kicks without me. He took a hard shot like he's able to and let's hope he continues like this.
Ronaldinho? He has grown, now he will have these two weeks to work well, he wants to get back to his levels and we are waiting for him."
acmilan.com

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lisa said:
It was a nice shot which allowed us to score, but it's not thanks to my teachings, even though it was nice to see that the team was able to score from free kicks without me.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
The guy is lost.
On a serious note ,tryin my best 2 4ge his stupid "free kick",I really hope he return with his WC boots + A. force him 2 compete 4 his startin place.
We can always do better with a good midfielder.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta,kaka,zidane,pirlo and totti
i think pirlo fears now for his spot 'cause he saw how milan's midfield handled the games without him, i hope he will move his ass a bit now and be more aggressive, i personnaly think that Ance should play him more forward 'cause he can give us more possibilities.

Schedule