• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I spoke with a few of the major PE groups in Manhattan about this situation

If there is a buyer that comes in with an acceptable offer, they will sell quickly

Its an interesting situation...

I’m sure there are conversations going on thinking they can bring in the right leadership and hold the asset for 3-5 years to double the club’s value...

They can sell quickly or hold... we are in interesting times

Well let us see whats going to happen, either way it’ll be after the kick off of the season. It’ll hurt the team not to sell in a couple of weeks if this is their intention.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Talking about CR7 to Juventus,

i'm sure it will be a huge success in Business POV.
PR boom, shirt seller, seasonal ticket, tour, merchandise, etc.

But CR7 as a 33 y/o player, will he be able to achieve half of what he did in Madrid with Juve?
i don't think so, but he'll easily make us suffer. :o

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Just had dinner with some bros that work for Deloitte in Toronto.

Went into the basics, but they also believe that this is a 2-4yr hold project for Elliott.

They firmly believe that Elliott would have been prepared with a buyer right off the bat if they planned on selling.

Said a lot of stuff I don't understand (im not a finance guy) but basically that they will pump sufficient funds in to build it anywhere from a 50-100% increase in value and then sell.

Fwiw, they aren't football heads, but watch regularly and understand the "world" very well.

Zeke

Professional bowler
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka, Romagnoli, Bonaventura
When did you start following suma?

Did you follow the suma who scolded worried fans and laughed at them?

Honestly what club employee is going to come out and say 'ya you're right our owner is a huge fraud and we should all be worried!'....no one would!

Do you remember his commentary in the game vs. Siena when we clenched a CL place on the last day after being down 1-0?

Still gives me goosebumps.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just had dinner with some bros that work for Deloitte in Toronto.

Went into the basics, but they also believe that this is a 2-4yr hold project for Elliott.

They firmly believe that Elliott would have been prepared with a buyer right off the bat if they planned on selling.

Said a lot of stuff I don't understand (im not a finance guy) but basically that they will pump sufficient funds in to build it anywhere from a 50-100% increase in value and then sell.

Fwiw, they aren't football heads, but watch regularly and understand the "world" very well.

3 years sounds about right

Elliot said they want to make Milan financially healthy, but I have a hard time seeing that unless there's a Milan owned stadium.

I don't think Elliot plan on building a stadium so I'm curious how they approach this

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Also, they added that the 50m that they immediately pumped n were likely to create a surplus of funds in some of our sectors, which would look good for the TAS appeal - to show financial stability.

Mercato funds, as I just saw General mention, will come once all the pieces are in place and a plan firmly laid out.

milancuore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I spoke with a few of the major PE groups in Manhattan about this situation

If there is a buyer that comes in with an acceptable offer, they will sell quickly

Its an interesting situation...

I’m sure there are conversations going on thinking they can bring in the right leadership and hold the asset for 3-5 years to double the club’s value...

They can sell quickly or hold... we are in interesting times

Agree...though in my opinion holding it for 3-5 years is the most probable course they will take,we are after all owned by a top fund in the world...they most likely had everything planned in the inevitable event Li defaulted even before Li was a sperm in his daddy's nutsack..:lol:..these guys are as prepared as they come

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Talking about CR7 to Juventus,

i'm sure it will be a huge success in Business POV.
PR boom, shirt seller, seasonal ticket, tour, merchandise, etc.

But CR7 as a 33 y/o player, will he be able to achieve half of what he did in Madrid with Juve?
i don't think so, but he'll easily make us suffer. :o

He couldn't let Higuain be the only player to score 100 goals in La Liga and Serie A :lol:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Sarri-Chelsea is about to get the go ahead. Gattuso will be on the hot seat very early if there's Conte sitting there for the taking and Rino starts out struggling.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Looks like Sarri-Chelsea is about to get the go ahead. Gattuso will be on the hot seat very early if there's Conte sitting there for the taking and Rino starts out struggling.

Competition is healthy but I doubt Gattuso is walking on thin ice since he’s the only one that got mentioned by name in Elliot press release.

Anyways we can’t have conte and gattuso riding 3 years contract at the same time.

Conte will need squad to be reshuffled in order to meet his football philosophy.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Does no one else think Rino has the makings of an excellent coach?

He has all the intangibles that CANNOT be taught.

It's the small things that need to be learned (and can be learned)

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

I have said it many times, Gattuso needs an experienced number 2. He needs to be backed by an experienced staff.

He can’t pick staff that helped him over at Pisa, Crete or at primavera.

He’ll need to understand how season preparations are done adequately and how to prepare based on season objectives.

With Carlo and based on objectives the team used to peak February-early March because Silvio wanted ucl competition.

We lost dearly with tassoti leaving...

And yes Gattuso is a big coach project.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

All the great coach is either respected or feared (which lead to conditional respect) by the team.
which one is Gattuso? or he is none?

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
"Value Creation Opportunities"

giphy.gif

Elliott want to make this brand worth a ton.

Without belittling or getting too deep into explanations, anyone who takes Elliott's statement for anything other than they want to make this club great, and then potentially sell, doesn't understand their statement nor the above bolded principal.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
All the great coach is either respected or feared (which lead to conditional respect) by the team.
which one is Gattuso? or he is none?

100% feared/ not up for debate

100% respected. he's won everything but a Ballon d'or.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like Gattuso. His defensive work has been great and players believe in him/improved under him

But the attacking play needs work bad. Don't know if that's Gattuso or just the limited attacking talent.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
I like Gattuso. His defensive work has been great and players believe in him/improved under him

But the attacking play needs work bad. Don't know if that's Gattuso or just the limited attacking talent.

iirc, we created among the most chances in Serie A....

so, ya... says a lot about the strikeforce.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It feels like we're now owned by something immensely powerful.

Exciting and enthralling to read posts by General and MR these last pages. Let's just hope they want to do something with us.

The trouble is that nothing is sure in terms of football. If they go all in they will raise the value, but at what cost. It would probably cost 400 million just in players just to make us a billion plus valued entity. And that's just transfers.

However you view it Milan is a brand with immense potential. Go all in and make the bet, mr Singer :)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
iirc, we created among the most chances in Serie A....

so, ya... says a lot about the strikeforce.

We're one star bombrr away from being CL contender in Serie A this season if we keep all players.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Elliott can afford to gamble, and gamble hard.

If they want to make this the most valuable brand in football, it'd cost them a fraction of a percent of their total assets over time.

They basically can't lose, so why not shoot for the stars?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
It feels like we're now owned by something immensely powerful

Yr not wrong...

Critics see him, and his protégé at Aurelius Capital Management, Mark "The Terminator" Brodsky, as devils incarnate: immoral creatures seeking to profit from the distress of some of the world's poorest countries. The former Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, once called their tactics "morally outrageous".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-ethical-case-for-vulture-funds-9561122.html

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
eh you watched the matches

those were not quality chances

erm yeh they were

kalinic was shit

bona was shit till the final games where it meant nothing

kessie needs shooting practice

andre silva needs to play much better than the ghost performances he gave

cutrone was only decent one

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Elliott can afford to gamble, and gamble hard.

If they want to make this the most valuable brand in football, it'd cost them a fraction of a percent of their total assets over time.

They basically can't lose, so why not shoot for the stars?

This is the basis for dreaming these next few days. Let's hope Maldini starts his new career off with a proper splash.

I feel like new management and new owners change the modus operandi in terms of players we're looking for. I no longer know what to expect.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Cutrone super young so it's forgiveable but he missed some chances that would make Kalinic blush too.

But he's gonna be a star

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Wasnt Locatelli meant to be a star too... who's he being sold to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule