• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Can you say Gattuso can’t pass?

Rino was effective because he understood he was limited early on and stuck to what he knows best...aggression and energy. In a way, Pirlo and him completed each other. If Rino 'passed', it was either backwards or to Pirlo and Seedorf standing a few feet away. He looked very awkward with the ball at his feet but he destroyed the likes of Man U, Real and was instrumental in our CL wins (5 yrs of making at least the Semi/Quarters and 3 finals) and Italy's WC win.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
YouTube videos are terrible in regards to understanding a player

Most are just highlight videos

Borini’s highlight video last year can give him a 20M price tag

You could sell Silva for 50 mil on his game vs Austrian farmers alone.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Alberto Cerruti from @Gazzetta_it spoke to #RMCSport about what club is going through: "Milan are on the right track because there are no claims but seriousness.
It takes time to relaunch Milan, now they need results.
The worst period of Milan for me has passed with Li goodbye”

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Can I market you as younger benzema and sell you to the Saudi league to make some dough ?

I heard they loaned a player for 14m only for one year.

Imagine how much they’ll pay for benzema look alike.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Nah we’re fine. This is not Mirabelli, Leo learned from Galliani.

He’s gonna wait till the last 5minutes of the transfer market to start making his move

I know I'm just playing.

Hope we have a good finish to our mercato.

Because the EPL window closes soon surely if we are getting players like Bakayoko or the dream Martial then those moves will be hotting up right now.

I know they can sell post that date but they'll want some time to work on replacements.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

If an RnB member tells me that that watched 5-10 matches start to finish and then rewatched them to focus on a single player the entire match...

I might believe their e scouting opinion

Otherwise, no one here knows what the fuck they are talking about.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
If an RnB member tells me that that watched 5-10 matches start to finish and then rewatched them to focus on a single player the entire match...

Do you?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Clearly, our bigger need is a ball-winner or destroyer than a passer or a creaty.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Luca Marchetti of Sky Sport spoke about the Milan market: "The Rossoneri are already stronger than last year, and the arrival of Higuain was what was needed: the missing 10% is the left half-wing, which can be an alternative or starter.

Milinkovic-Savic The very high loan with a right of redemption is a way around the FFP. If the figure proposed by Milan is a very high figure, then may as well take the player, after the others have spent 50 million.

If there’s willingness anything can be achieved. however, reasoning with Lotito in the negotiations is not easy, because he has always taken more or less what he has asked for. Then there’s a big competition, we can’t rule out that tomorrow or the day after the big Europeans clubs will be interested in this player”

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So I think getting even two midfielders, one natural ball winner and one a mobile mezz’ala - is a bigger priority than getting a winger. We have several guys who can play on the wing - Hakan, Bona, Borini, Suso - while we have very few natural midfielders. And 4-3-3 won’t be the only formation we use.

With a week and a half remaining, the priority is definitely the midfield. Left wing can wait.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Are you really this convinced borini can start? Even as an emergency winger

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Of course. Judge him by his performances last season and not by his reputation. He’s a very useful player.

My starting left winger will obviously be Hakan.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can I market you as younger benzema and sell you to the Saudi league to make some dough ?

I heard they loaned a player for 14m only for one year.

Imagine how much they’ll pay for benzema look alike.

If I'm getting Benzema money you can loan me to weddings, christenings and bar mitzvahs for all I care. Money is a great motivator.

Do you verify them watching a match by whether they post in the match thread? I think it is impossible to watch a match without posting in the match thread :o

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's funny but I feel like winger is Borini's worst position(Well GK and CB perhaps even worse). I like his effort and I like how he helped the team playing out of position without complaining but watching him try beat his man his excruciatingly painful.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
How much is Nzonzi cost? Much better than bakayoko if rabiot and sergez is unattainable

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Of course. Judge him by his performances last season and not by his reputation. He’s a very useful player.

My starting left winger will obviously be Hakan.

no he cannot. he is not useful and that's why he was discarded by liverpool in the first place. We need a better quality bench. Most top teams have actual quality players on bench. Borini is trash

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
How much is Nzonzi cost? Much better than bakayoko if rabiot and sergez is unattainable

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

he was just bought by some team recently.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Hakan, Bona, Borini, Suso

source.gif

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Borini is an emergency band aid. Completely useless as winger, fully agree.

From what I can tell as outsider, he seems to be a nice person but as a footballer he is woefully unqualified to play for Milan. Him being even remotely useful at some points signifies how far we've fallen.

Now that we're starting our ascent back to the top, it is important to phase out these players that can't realistically contribute in a meaningful way.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Borini will be a useful wing back in conte's 3-5-2

btw, how obvious is it that conte is going to take over? this team is full of holes and rino isn't experienced or dynamic enough to come up with solutions.

you know, in an ideal situation rino would accept the role as conte's assistant manager, that would be fantastic.

his ego will prevent that, hopefully this doesn't ruin the clubs relationship with him.

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have Calabria, Conti and Abate on the right and Strinic and Rodriguez on the left in that scenario, don't see Borini really making a dent there. And let's not forget, Borini surprised in the wing back role but his tackling and marking was poor overall and I'd rather not have to rely on him.

As I said, it was cool that he helped us when we were in need but relying on Borini in any capacity is a poor plan imo.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
We have Calabria, Conti and Abate on the right and Strinic and Rodriguez on the left in that scenario, don't see Borini really making a dent there. And let's not forget, Borini surprised in the wing back role but his tackling and marking was poor overall and I'd rather not have to rely on him.

As I said, it was cool that he helped us when we were in need but relying on Borini in any capacity is a poor plan imo.

I'd sell borini yesterday, but WB is where he would be useful.

abate is finished for top 5 league football in my view, don't know why on earth he's still here alongside like 10 other players :lol:

conti is a ?, calabria is meh.

strinic and RR lol....those 2 as wing backs would be a horror show, it's bad enough I'm going to have to endure an entire season with them as options for LB... even thinking about it gets me agitated.

that's why I want laxalt, he can cover the entire left flank, he would be a brilliant signing even for 20 million.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- Conti cannot be counted on until he is 100% healthy again

- Bakayoko? No thank you. It will not be a no cost loan, we might need to pay something not to mention the dud is on 6.4 million/year. Just imagine Kessie makes 2.2 mil/year but his backup triples that.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Laxalt in 352 as a wing back will do, as a left back he’ll be the another abate.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Laxalt in 352 as a fullback will do, as a left back he’ll be the another abate.

prime abate? I'll take that

even though he's 2x better offensively than abate, so I don't know how this comparison is even possible :D

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

even though he's 20x better offensively than abate, so I don't know how this comparison is even possible

Abate had a prime? Was that during the milito days? Remember sage?

Abate career assists can be counted on hand.

Poor cbs made him a career.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Very glad Sage is not in charge of the mercato.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

even though he's 2x better offensively than abate, so I don't know how this comparison is even possible :D

No. We took Antonelli because he looked in a 3-5-2.

Laxalt? Dud has good stamina and that is it. Technically Laxalt is very limited that it is why I do not rate Calabria at all because Laxalt destroyed Calabria when we played against Genoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.