The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 28-09-2019, 14:45   #21
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Hard to argue with those comments on Hernandez. He needs to be more balanced while still enhancing his forward contribution.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 15:10   #22
Hitchens

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

More comments.

Quote:
The tactician is already feeling the pressure after a 2-1 defeat to Torino on Thursday, their third loss in the opening five rounds.

“The only thing we did wrong against Torino was not killing off the game when we had the chance, but the performance showed we are on the right track,” he said in his Press conference.

“I enjoyed most of the game, as we played good football and the team felt confident. At times, we didn’t get some details right and failed to filter out the dangerous through balls.

“My objective is always to play football, to control the game, the tempo and the ball with superior possession to the opponents. I saw that for most of the match at Torino and the attitude seemed to show belief too. Unfortunately, details make the difference.

“Every game is tough and mentality is crucial, so we must respect each opponent and give it our all, not hold back or think we’ve done enough.”

Milan have scored only three Serie A goals in five games, but just one – Hakan Calhanoglu against Brescia – was from open play.

“We created the chances, it’s just that we weren’t precise with the finishing. Krzysztof Piatek is back in his habitat with the 4-3-3 formation. Rafael Leao has the characteristics to play wide left and we must try to push as many players forward into the opposition half as possible.

“This team has temperament, but we need to protect possession better when the opponents try to fight back. There is no such thing as a game we can dominate for 95 minutes, but during the periods when we’re under pressure, we must use our technique to limit the opposition.

“Playing 4-3-3, we have to bring other players close to Piatek, so it’s a different dynamic to the one we used in the first few weeks, but the system ultimately makes little difference, it’s how you interpret it.”

Giampaolo was also criticised for not using the summer signings earlier, as Theo Hernandez, Ismael Bennacer and Rafael Leao were among the best performers against Toro.

“Hernandez was out of action for six weeks, so he’s a player with great power and attacking intent, but he was injured. The same goes for Bennacer and Leao. I have no regrets over not using them earlier. Hernandez always goes on the attack, even when he shouldn’t, whereas Ricardo Rodriguez is more rational out of possession.”

Paolo Maldini confirmed his faith in Giampaolo and Arrigo Sacchi also urged Milan to stick with this Coach.

“I was a director many years ago for a small club, so I know how clubs think and operate. If Milan decided to stick with me, it’s because they evaluated the situation as a whole.

“I understand criticism, Milan have history and millions of fans. I understand disappointment and grumbling, but my duty is to keep working. I must try to find the best performance from my squad and focus only on that task.

“We must all take the positives from the Torino game and multiple them.”
Old 28-09-2019, 15:19   #23
Fabio
Cult Of SMS

Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Boateng, Honda, Huntelaar

Montella vs Giampaolo. This will be a fun match

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 15:22   #24
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Forza Giampaolo and the system.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 15:47   #25
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Lets see if we build on Torino game.
Tbh it was the first game where we had improvement.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 15:53   #26
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
Montella vs Giampaolo. This will be a fun match
when a stoppable force meets a movable object

Signature
bacon d'or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 15:54   #27
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

"On changing from the 4-3-3: “I don’t like to change, when you go for one formation you continue with that one. We have to continue in one direction. In the end, the characteristics of the players will determine the style of play.”

Finally.

Giampaolo is becoming tolerable now that he has stopped forcing 4-3-1-2 on a vastly different squad than the one he had at his disposal at Sampdoria.
I'm looking forward to see what he can add to it.
Starting Theo and Calabria seems like a high risk high reward move which I don't think Rino would make. I like that.

I wish he would drop Suso immediately, but his comments suggest he's very much aware of Suso's flaws and he's trying to improve him. I believe he will realize eventually that he can't change Suso. Hopefully it won't take too long. And hopefully he'll decide to bench him, rather than accept him for what he is and keep relying on his crosses anyway, like Rino did(Rino also tried to change Suso, initially).

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 15:55   #28
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Piatek and suso on the bench please
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 16:29   #29
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
I dont know how Piatek will react if GP puts him on the bench. There's only 2 options, either it fires him up or it brings him down.

I rather ww go with Piatek a bit longer. He had his best game against Torino. He only needs to finish the chances he gets

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 16:31   #30
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Giampaolo says his biggest regret is not finishing off the game against Torino. He should have said his biggest regret is subbing out his 2 best players Leao and Bennacer which completely killed off our game. As soon as Bona came on for Leao instead of Rebic for Suso I knew the game would finish off ugly

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 17:46   #31
fray
Casciavit

Players called up:

PORTIERI:
Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G..

DIFENSORI:
Calabria, Conti, Duarte, Gabbia, Hernández, Musacchio, Rodr*guez, Romagnoli.

CENTROCAMPISTI:
Bennacer, Biglia, Bonaventura, Çalhanoğlu, Kessié, Krunić, Paquetá.

ATTACCANTI:
Borini, Castillejo, Leão, Piątek, Rebić, Suso.

Paqueta returns.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 17:52   #32
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Keep Piatek. Play 433 with leao-piatek-rebic

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 20:37   #33
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Ptek isnt wasting chances Pippo style.
He will start scoring soon.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 21:18   #34
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Already a great deal of pressure, absolutely need a win and convincing performance. Forza Milan!
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 22:59   #35
joyrider
Il Moderati

Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer, Calhanoglu; Suso; Piatek, Leao [@DiMarzio]

Good if he subs out Suso in the second half
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 23:32   #36
Hitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
I rather ww go with Piatek a bit longer. He had his best game against Torino. He only needs to finish the chances he gets

This. He was a hairs breadth off scoring from open play last game. If he suddenly bangs a couple tomorrow he might rediscover form.
Old 28-09-2019, 23:35   #37
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Hoping Piatek bangs in three!
The reign of Giampaolo will begin (hopefully) and all doubters like myself will be silenced.

OR I hope we get slaughtered....lose 3-0 or more

A narrow win via a penalty/dodgy goal or worse - a narrow or narrow loss is the worse thing that could happen.

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 23:59   #38
fray
Casciavit

Optimism and Milan doesn't usually go hand in hand these days, but today?

Milan 2-0 Fiorentina.

Leao to score his first goal.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2019, 01:02   #39
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Week 6: Milan - Fiorentina 29/09/19 20:45 CET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
Ptek isnt wasting chances Pippo style.

He will start scoring soon.

He did waste a 100p scoring chance..
Old 29-09-2019, 01:09   #40
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
I dont know how Piatek will react if GP puts him on the bench. There's only 2 options, either it fires him up or it brings him down.

I just wanted to see leao in his place for one match. He can’t do worse than that