Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
You guys even watch the game?? That was a very very harsh second yellow. It’s questionable that it was even a foul tbh

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Why didn’t they use VAR?
That was a clear dive. Wtff

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
by far and away, the worst defender of all time.

captain malakia better bench him for paletta or gomez

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You guys even watch the game?? That was a very very harsh second yellow. It’s questionable that it was even a foul tbh

People do watch the games, they just have a very low understanding of the game.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just wached the red card again. Bonucci lost possession in their half, instead of getting back to his position, he tried to close him down, didn't succeed and they got the counter.

Also, Romagnoli clearly slipped.

It's not hard to understand.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Romagnoli did not do anything intentionally incorrect, but he stupidly fell right in the path of an onrushing attacker who was in control with the ball and blocked him. This was an obvious yellow card.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like Romagnoli.

black-guys-laughing.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
And if you look again, the fall itself was because he got unnerved by the attacker dribbling the ball and tried to correct his stride, lost his balance and fell.

The whole movement smacked of an amateur defender's antics.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Can't believe the shit he's getting. He was completely screwed over by a shitty refereeing decision. Was never a red, he never touched his man. The first yellow was harsh too. Thought he had a good game.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, let's blame Ale for the loss.
It sums up the football understanding of Sage and co perfectly.

- It's not that we just got a new coach and are playing new tactics.
- It's not Kalinic failing to convert 2 amazing chances.
- It's not the ref failing to show the red to Benevento for a similar foul on Borini.
- And it's certainly not that this squad has 0 team chemistry 14 weeks into the season.

"Thankfully" we will play the next two matches without Ale.
So, we will see how our defense holds up without him. :thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"Thankfully" we will play the next two matches without Ale.
So, we will see how our defense holds up without him. :thumbsup:

:lol: I like Romagnoli and I really want him to live up to the potential he once had, but you guys are ridiculously delusional.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol: I like Romagnoli and I really want him to live up to the potential he once had, but you guys are ridiculously delusional.

Delusional in what exactly? :conf:

He has been our best defender this season despite today's red.
Nothing more nothing less.

If half of the season wasn't enough to figure out we can't play a 3 men defense, maybe today's match will convince Gattuso.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Delusional in what exactly? :conf:

He has been our best defender this season despite today's red.
Nothing more nothing less.

If half of the season wasn't enough to figure out we can't play a 3 men defense, maybe today's match will convince Gattuso.

He has not been our best defender, not by a big margin. He has been great in front of goal, he's a spirited player and I love his ability to grab a situation and turn it in our favour - one of the reasons I want him to succeed at Milan.

But in defense, he has done major mistakes. Either due to lack of focus or due to technical mistakes.

Delusional because I really don't think his absence would matter much in our performance until he gets back to consistency in defending.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Can't believe the shit he's getting. He was completely screwed over by a shitty refereeing decision. Was never a red, he never touched his man. The first yellow was harsh too. Thought he had a good game.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Delusional because I really don't think his absence would matter much in our performance until he gets back to consistency in defending.

I was trying to say the same thing actually.
It's not the first time he is blamed for Milan losing points.

He will not play the next 2 games, and I guarantee our defense / team will not become magically better.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's true. He's not the worst or the best of our defenders. For me, Zapata should play ahead of Musacchio. Our best setup has been Romagnoli-Bonucci-Zapata which looked solid in the last few Montella matches.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
That's true. He's not the worst or the best of our defenders. For me, Zapata should play ahead of Musacchio. Our best setup has been Romagnoli-Bonucci-Zapata which looked solid in the last few Montella matches.

We should not play 3 man defense and we should not play romagnoli.

Nothing complex here. Just like mexes if he isn't scoring, he is a liability. A nice, slow moving car crash.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
> wrongful red card
> "own club" fans start talking about mistake

:fp:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We should not play 3 man defense and we should not play romagnoli.

Nothing complex here. Just like mexes if he isn't scoring, he is a liability. A nice, slow moving car crash.

This is just nonsensical really. 3-men defense suits our players well and Romagnoli is certainly the best pick for the left sided position. Your view is as extreme as the delusional fanboy view.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is just nonsensical really. 3-men defense suits our players well and Romagnoli is certainly the best pick for the left sided position. Your view is as extreme as the delusional fanboy view.

I would say wrong. 3-men defense suits us only because of Bonucci. If there was no Bonucci on the team there would be no discussions of playing 3 man on the back. If would be 4 all the time. Now if Conti was healthy, yes I would say 3 man on the back would be more suitable because it would suit more than 1 player.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
3-men defense suits our players well

:lol: Alright, I am convinced.

Clearly, I have come to the wrong conclusion from Milan's 8th position and loss/tactical failure in every big game that we are in a system that's well suited for us.

A system which literally just 3 of our players (not even the coach) are familiar with before Milan (Bonucci, Conti, Kessie. RR at Wolfsburg but he failed).

All other players have achieved their modicum of success in 4-man variants. Success they are clearly unable to replicate in 3 man systems.

Milan shares absolutely no characteristic familiar with successful (semi-successful) 3 man systems like Chelsea or Juve - strong, fast, physical wing backs and wingers, proper regista and holding midfielders, competent target man.

I mean, we did change our "well" suited system 21 times in 21 games and the only position we settled on was Borini should be right wing back. :fp::lol:

But I am now convinced otherwise.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol: Alright, I am convinced.

Clearly, I have come to the wrong conclusion from Milan's 8th position and loss/tactical failure in every big game that we are in a system that's well suited for us.

A system which literally just 3 of our players (not even the coach) are familiar with before Milan (Bonucci, Conti, Kessie. RR at Wolfsburg but he failed).

All other players have achieved their modicum of success in 4-man variants. Success they are clearly unable to replicate in 3 man systems.

Milan shares absolutely no characteristic familiar with successful (semi-successful) 3 man systems like Chelsea or Juve - strong, fast, physical wing backs and wingers, proper regista and holding midfielders, competent target man.

I mean, we did change our "well" suited system 21 times in 21 games and the only position we settled on was Borini should be right wing back. :fp::lol:

But I am now convinced otherwise.

Gattuso played 3-4-3 with the teams he coached. Biglia has experience with 3 at the back too.

I would´t mind going back to 4-3-3 as I always liked that system. It´s funny how the majority of the forum hated on it and wished for 3 at the back. Now going back to 4 at the back will not solve our problems like 3 at the back did not when everybody cried for it.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Gattuso played 3-4-3 with the teams he coached. Biglia has experience with 3 at the back too.

I would´t mind going back to 4-3-3 as I always liked that system. It´s funny how the majority of the forum hated on it and wished for 3 at the back. Now going back to 4 at the back will not solve our problems like 3 at the back did not when everybody cried for it.

If biglia had worked out then this system would be worth giving a shot. But it's clear he is clueless and with conti's injury it's more incentive to drop the system.

Change to a 3 man on a full time basis was knee jerk caused by lazio loss, anyway. Which was more down to Calabria than formation. Obviously, the system was probably in the pipeline the moment bonucci was bought but it was clearly premature to be implementing it in the league.

And pretty much every game since has been a testament to the fact that we can't play 3 at the back.

4-3-3 is the way to go. Unfortunately, it means seeing abate again .. But it is what it is ..

Last edited: