CONCACAF Football Discussion

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happened to Altindore btw? He was impressive by the time of tha Confed. Cup, and he used to be very high rated...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What happened to Altindore btw? He was impressive by the time of tha Confed. Cup, and he used to be very high rated...

He's hurt. But he sucks too. Agudelo at 18 is better....

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
what a BRILLIANT goal!!! 4-2!

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
what a talent, what a goal.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Fuck. World class finish but wtf was bocanegra and co doing?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sidenote: 9 year old senatore was at brazil-usa at stanford stadium. Game where leo did dirty elbow to tab ramos. Didn't ever have a good feeling bout him since then..... I was right :o

Yeah, I remember this game. The USA team was so cool, Toni Deola, Lalas, Cobi Jones, Balboa, Wynalda... :lol: They all looked like rockstars for a kid like me at the time.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i wanted dos santos last year, when we were linked with him.

i ask myself how he would have developed under allegri.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have been impress with Adu in this game.

he has some talent, but he is to ineffective. and he has a shot like a kid from kindergarten.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
brilliant game by mexico, awesome football, glad they won :thumbsup:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mexico was the better team and the best team in the whole tournament. Deserved winners

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Argh

Well mexico deserved it. Best I've seen them in years..... sucks

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Being American, I have to say Mexico got the deserved win....

Despite all of the hype around Chicharito, the one player that really impressed me throughout the whole tournament was Giovani Dos Santos---excellent player with good technique and lightning pace.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
woww.
dos santos..2 nasty

:eek::eek:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now Mexico will play Copa América with a U-22 squad :lol: Good job Conmebol

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Damn, I overslept. :(

Good for Mexico! :thumbsup:

Any highlights?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Bradley needs to go. he has been poor and getting anything more out of the team than he already has and I think its a reflection on him that the team looked so poor once Charondalo went out.

He needs to go

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Bradley needs to go. he has been poor and getting anything more out of the team than he already has and I think its a reflection on him that the team looked so poor once Charondalo went out.

He needs to go

Maybe, but basically, mexico looked the best i've seen them in a decade. They have always been technically superior.

I liked how he used landon as a false 9. I've been calling for landon/dempsey to play higher up anyway. Jozy is worthless. Agudelo is awesome but very young. I loved the movement and interplay of our front 4. Good to see Freddy back, he looks a lot better than before. Adds much needed creativity

The problem is, and i don't know what bradley can do about this, mexico pressed us high. Which is what you got to do beat usa. None of our defenders of CMs are technical enough. How much posession did USA lose in our own half? That's predictable cause when chicharito, barrera, gio etc. are pressuring bradley, jones, bocanegra etc., we don't have ability to handle it, like say.... thiago silva would. '

Theres a major need for a passer in deep CM. But we don't have that player do we? Fielhaber is only option i can think of but he won't give usa near the workrate jones or bradley do. And considering how bad the backline is, that could be disastrous.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
BTW, mexico finally found Giovani Dos Santos best role. Playing free forward right off the striker. He definitely benefits from chicharito's nightmarely good movement opening up space but Gio's best in that role. Not AM behind 2 strikers or Winger, where he's too far from goal.

I've always had a thing for him n/h. When he's on he is a world class player. He gets more consistent, whoever signs him for cheap is getting a STEAL. And you'll probably sell a billion jerseys cause between mexico and the USA, there are over 150 million mexicans who are all insanely passionate for there country.

Also good to see Freddy play well after receiving the kiss of death a few years ago

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think that since Fielhaber would help to keep possession that you need to start him to help take some pressure off the back four.

Since there isnt a true CF that stands out I think the US should start playing a 4-6-0 with Dempsey and Donovan cheating up as faux-forwards, using Bradley, Jones, and Fielhaber as the set midfielders and then someone else occupying the other spot, maybe Adu, or Edu, or someone else there.

was DeMerit injured? it seems like he perhaps could have helped the defense a bit

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hope that Agudelo becomes the player that he has the talent to become, I had such high hopes for Jozy and he seems to have regressed lately

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
why wasnt oguchi playing in this tournament? I honestly believe hes not worse than goodson.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
why wasnt oguchi playing in this tournament? I honestly believe hes not worse than goodson.

the US defense outside of Cherundelo was awful, idk why DeMerit wasnt called up and why Gooch didnt play. Gooch got a callup but I dont think he got any play time

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Of course, it's the Rose Bowl, how could I forget this Stadium? Good old WC 94 :proud:

Very good game so far

Sidenote: 9 year old senatore was at brazil-usa at stanford stadium. Game where leo did dirty elbow to tab ramos. Didn't ever have a good feeling bout him since then..... I was right :o

7 y.o. Sasha was with his dad at the final. Didn't even pay attention to the game. Remember my dad crying. :cry:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Totally forgot about the game :D

Whenever I see Gio play he acts like shit, but then I forget about it and he becomes top quality. Anyway, Howard freaking out was great and it brought good memories back (Chilavert).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Totally forgot about the game :D

Whenever I see Gio play he acts like shit, but then I forget about it and he becomes top quality. Anyway, Howard freaking out was great and it brought good memories back (Chilavert).

I'll make sure to call/text/email/fax/page/facebook/tweet/sxt/smoke sign/woof you next time usa plays mexico then ;)

Schedule