Simone Verdi Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Verdi is most talented youngster in A.C Milan academy,they usually call him Verdinho because is talented like brasilian.

:star:Wikipedia:star:

BTW he's from broni, which is 50km or so outside milan. Meaning some scout on the youth level actually did there job. WOW

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
:eek: What a left foot!

Strasser to Verdi in primavera final. A combo we should get used to :D

Sexy assist to zigoni in primavera finals:

More highlights:

Yep if you couldn't tell...I'm excited, full pedo mode..... this kid's got talent. Thank you Galli! Finally primavera is producing

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Verdi did an ok job this Emirates cup but don't overreact. There where a lot of moments where he was just to slow on the ball with his decions.
But ok, it was against one of the best sides in the world out of the fastest league in the world.

I was even more impressed with Merkel and Strasser wich managed fine against Lyon & Arsenal.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
I kinda think Verdi just need a bit of confidence boost when he plays in the first team, his very hyped, it's pretty much that people want him to perform well. That's why after he made an assist for Borri, he looked more comfortable too bad he got an injury after it, as I am sure his getting more confidence after that and could do more.. his run while receiving Seedorf's pass in the first half also showed that he is intelligent
need more playing time to make him comfortable playing with the senior players and so that the senators have more trust on him as well

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ok maybe i'm a little overexcited. Still you gotta realize he turned 18 less than three weeks ago. He's 4 months younger than pato's debut (like that should even be a bench mark?). I thought Merkel and Strasser were great too, but i love players like Verdi and I haven't seen one at Milan in a while.

I don't really get your criticism though, for me, with a little confidence he could be damn good. He made some excellent runs, has good ball control, quickness movement. His run in first half where he nearly headed it in was great. He needs to play, and play in season... super sub... occasional start. He could be something very interesting for future. And I For one, am very excited by prospect we could have more than a couple youth team boys be real contributors.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Ok maybe i'm a little overexcited. Still you gotta realize he turned 18 less than three weeks ago. He's 4 months younger than pato's debut (like that should even be a bench mark?). I thought Merkel and Strasser were great too, but i love players like Verdi and I haven't seen one at Milan in a while.

I don't really get your criticism though, for me, with a little confidence he could be damn good. He made some excellent runs, has good ball control, quickness movement. His run in first half where he nearly headed it in was great. He needs to play, and play in season... super sub... occasional start. He could be something very interesting for future. And I For one, am very excited by prospect we could have more than a couple youth team boys be real contributors.

Seriously, he's still a kid barely 18. He needs to first team experience and some better fitness training and he'll be our next star. Personally I can't wait to buy my Verdi jersey. What the fuck else do we have to be excited about? Forza Verdi!

Facemelter

Primavera
Reaction score
I like this kid and he's definitely got loads of talent, but I think he needs to be given more time. He simply has to work on his strength and physique and maybe in the second half of the season he's ready for some subs or even starts. But I'd prefer to build him up slowly.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah. According to the primavera links, he's only 62kg. Its refreshing that we have players who need to put on some bulk rather than lose it - not including Pippo of course :tongue:

nowhereman

Primavera
Reaction score
Yeah. According to the primavera links, he's only 62kg. Its refreshing that we have players who need to put on some bulk rather than lose it - not including Pippo of course :tongue:
One day, I am going to compile all goals Pippo scored from outside the box. I wonder if the number is greater than 10. I can only think of that goal against Bayern Munich after that beautiful pass from Seedorf.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
One day, I am going to compile all goals Pippo scored from outside the box. I wonder if the number is greater than 10. I can only think of that goal against Bayern Munich after that beautiful pass from Seedorf.
Hehe ... I'm looking forward to it. I know there are more, particularly in his earlier days before moving to Milan. But like you said, not that much.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Last pre-season he scored a goal from outside the box against Club America after a long pass by Flamini.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah ... remember that now. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but lets keep it going to give nowhereman a decent-sized assignment :tongue:

He's only 18 ... so he will hopefully grow more. But if he remains small-ish, then he's got to rely on his positioning, movement + touches. So far, it looks like he's got what it takes.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Barely 18 i'd like to add....

july 12, 1992, younger than neymar for one

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
how tall is he??
is he a winger?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
how tall is he??
is he a winger?

1.71cm
he's a winger/second striker. More of a forward or maybe #7 striker. He played uptop w/ borriello v. lyon, got an assist and then a big bear hug from boriello.

watch the highlights i posted a page back and also This

he wore #55. Awesome run @ 1:10. Assist @ 2:30

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
thnx!

looks very talented..natural on the ball.

ps who did that backheel on the hilites? merkel? swag

E

Esoteric

If he ends up getting co-owned like Paloschi, I won't forgive Galliani forever. Two really impressive players and we didn't give Paloschi the credit he deserves ( he deserves to be instead of Inzaghi) and now hopefully, Verdi doesn't head that way and we actually use him here.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
imagine if this boy had some more experience, he would be even better.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
I would not loan him out. There are enough fixtures to have him get a decent amount of playing time.

i wasn't referring we should loan him. au contraire. i want to finally see some milan youth in the 1st team instead of loaning them to minnows until they're 30 and able to play for milan lol. allegri's youth implementation in the 1st 11 looks very promising, i can't wait to see them in real action. this is what i hated most about ancelotti, if he properly knew how to use youth he would be the most complete coach around. tactically few can match him.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
when will he recover from his injury??? anybody has info about that?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I haven't heard any news. Nothing on MilanNews so far i don't think.

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien
maybe it wasn't serious then...

about ancelotti, at chelsea he was much better at promoting youth than at here, for some reason... but yeah players like paloschi darmian digennaro etc could have been used much better under him...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Di Genarro was never too great and it shows by him being loaned to Monza or whatever when he's 22. He was terrible last season and he won't ever make it in the big time.

Darmian doesn't impress me either. We had no youth prospects for a long time and i guess we just grasped at straws with Darmian. He doesn't show anything everytime i've watched him and i doubt he'll ever make the big time.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Darmian doesn't impress me either. We had no youth prospects for a long time and i guess we just grasped at straws with Darmian. He doesn't show anything everytime i've watched him and i doubt he'll ever make the big time.

Palermo saw enough in him to want as a potential replace for Kjaer, and Palermo is a very good team. And Italian youth coachs saw enough to make him captain of the U-19s. He has to grow a bit but he could be good. I think it generally takes defenders a little longer to show what they've got

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
i saw that verdi didnt make the USA 22-man squad. this is worrysome. and the official website didnt even make mention of him getting injured at all. i love verdi alot so i'd give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that it isnt that serious. i cant wait to see him play again.

also about him being loaned out. i dont think that there's a chance that he'll be loaned out, especially with allegri here, a man who acknowledges youth prospect when he sees them, and who gives them a chance because he knows they are good enough to have earned it.

about a possible co-ownership sometime. NEVER. same reason as above. i know our management is stupid enough to consider it sometime, but i'd believe galliani this time, and this time only, when he said that Verdi is being promoted to the first team, which for me, means that he's going nowhere. if in fact, god forbid he is loaned/co-owned in the future you all are free to come down on me. but i really want him to stay with us because i want to hope for something good for the team. Verdi staying is something good for the team.

besides, he's a winger/SS which means he can rotate with Ronaldinho/ Pato in a 4-3-3 if that is used. but to me, he looks like he can also play in the hole, in a 4-3-1-2. idk, but i think that that is possible as well. this much versatility from one little dude. damn, i want his shirt now. (he should pick a smaller number too, now that he's in the first team like 14, but strasser already took that. i think 8 would be a suitable number, if only Gattuso could leave.)

also this occured to me recently. pippo may leave at the end of the season, i hope he does. i'm not saying i dont like him. i love him, but it's time to go dude. so that when he leaves, i hope allegri forces the issue with Paloschi and bring him back to Milan. honestly it's the best deal possible and Paloschi would have gained enough experience. with allegri i hope he can do this. imagine....Verdi and Paloschi. it will happen and it will be awesome!!!:D:D that would make me happy definitely:cool:

:star:I'm never happy:star:

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
imagine if this boy had some more experience, he would be even better.

he needs to make it this season otherwise i just see him being loaned out. he seems to have what it takes, most impressed with his runs into the box, his timing was great against lyon, still though he needs more playing time just like the rest of the youngsters and im just hoping he gets his chances.