The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
will qatar have 30 years of success owning psg? will emirates with man city?

all things considered there has been no downfall. on sunday we qualify for the CL

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think there are a few stages that led to Milan’s fall, and they can all be attributed to Berlusconi:

1) He turns complete control of the club over to Galliani, who then forces all of the quality individuals in director/management positions out of the club and appoints basic ass holes to replace them.

2) Silvio declares he can no longer fund the club as he has in the past and the club must be self-sufficient. He leaves Galliani in charge, and not surprisingly he proves completely incompetent.

3) The club is sold to god knows who in China. Berlusconi being the bullshitter that he is had insisted for many years that he wouldn’t sell the club to anyone that was not worthy of it. Ultimately, he sells the club to a front man, who has to leverage the shit out of the club to get a loan from a vulture fund.

4) Said vulture fund gains control of Milan after said front man fails to meet his debt obligations.

Silvio’s political and personal downfall, his divorce, and finally the 700M+ fine and multiple court cases all combined to place Berlusconi in a position where he couldn’t continue to fund Milan. He left it to his old friend Galliani to find a way out, and Milan’s value plummeted as we fell further and further from the top of Europe.

Milan wouldn’t be Milan without Berlusconi. But it’s a little “cult of personality” in nature. Like when a dictator takes over a country and forces it forward and re-shapes the country in their image, but what happens when they are gone? So far, the results have been pretty poor.

Nice summary there, friend.

It's not any consolation but this entire situation must have looked as unreal from the outside as it has from the inside. The greatest fall in modern football.

I don't know what to expect going forward, but it will certainly have a structure. It might not bring us the Scudetto next season but it will be something to understand and appreciate. Those last indescribable years of Galliani and the Chinese turmoil was very far from meeting those parameters.

I'll go out on a limb and say that there are even many reasons for positivity if Leonardo chooses to walk away and Campos takes over. From what I can understand he is a very competent individual. As long as Maldini stays I'm happy. Looked very comfortable and feng shui in that DAZN-interview. I don't understand why people are hating Gazidis either. At least wait until after the mercato :lol: We will be stronger in August than we are now.

Last edited:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
on sunday we qualify for the CL

giphy.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Nice summary there, friend.

It's not any consolation but this entire situation must have looked as unreal from the outside as it has from the inside. The greatest fall in modern football.

I don't know what to expect going forward, but it will certainly have a structure. It might not bring us the Scudetto next season but it will be something to understand and appreciate. Those last indescribable years of Galliani and the Chinese turmoil was very far from meeting those parameters.

I'll go out on a limb and say that there are many reasons for positivity if Leonardo chooses to walk away and Campos takes over. From what I can understand he is a very competent individual. As long as Maldini stays I'm happy. Looked very comfortable and feng shui in that DAZN-interview. I don't understand why people are hating Gazidis either. At least wait until after the mercato :lol: We will be stronger in August than we are now.

tenor.gif

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano just confirmed Conte to Inter, agreement reached three weeks ago.

I hope the players are able to concentrate on Sunday. This week has been an absolute whirlwind of rumours and news.

after torino - milan game...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i will say....winter of 17/18 it was looking like it could have been the greatest fall in football history. yonghong can't pay the debt, elliott management takes over and guts the team for parts. yet somehow, here we are, qualifying for the CL :monto:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
i will say....winter of 17/18 it was looking like it could have been the greatest fall in football history. yonghong can't pay the debt, elliott management takes over and guts the team for parts. yet somehow, here we are, qualifying for the CL :monto:

D7MwRh8XsAIEM-m

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berlusconi:

"I don't agree with the current formation being used with just one striker. I would play Suso behind two strikers or use him as a second striker because he has a fantastic shot. Milan fire few shots on goal, that is why I turn the TV off after 10 minutes".

[ANSA]

attacare :b:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
it took Inter 5yrs under new ownership to secure CL. Five.

We have a chance this weekend to do it in 2. Even if others take that opportunity from us, we are well positioned to finish securely in those spots next season.

honestly, looking back at the sheer volume and length of the injuries we were cursed with this season... Im shocked we're even this close.

Does anyone have an injury list from this season?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Berlusconi:

"I don't agree with the current formation being used with just one striker. I would play Suso behind two strikers or use him as a second striker because he has a fantastic shot. Milan fire few shots on goal, that is why I turn the TV off after 10 minutes".

[ANSA]

attacare :b:

keep this news for his own thread

not worthy for the rumour commode

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think there are a few stages that led to Milan’s fall, and they can all be attributed to Berlusconi:

1) He turns complete control of the club over to Galliani, who then forces all of the quality individuals in director/management positions out of the club and appoints basic ass holes to replace them.

2) Silvio declares he can no longer fund the club as he has in the past and the club must be self-sufficient. He leaves Galliani in charge, and not surprisingly he proves completely incompetent.

3) The club is sold to god knows who in China. Berlusconi being the bullshitter that he is had insisted for many years that he wouldn’t sell the club to anyone that was not worthy of it. Ultimately, he sells the club to a front man, who has to leverage the shit out of the club to get a loan from a vulture fund.

4) Said vulture fund gains control of Milan after said front man fails to meet his debt obligations.

Silvio’s political and personal downfall, his divorce, and finally the 700M+ fine and multiple court cases all combined to place Berlusconi in a position where he couldn’t continue to fund Milan. He left it to his old friend Galliani to find a way out, and Milan’s value plummeted as we fell further and further from the top of Europe.

Milan wouldn’t be Milan without Berlusconi. But it’s a little “cult of personality” in nature. Like when a dictator takes over a country and forces it forward and re-shapes the country in their image, but what happens when they are gone? So far, the results have been pretty poor.

I think blaming it all on Galliani is naive.

And people here used to act like Braida was the biggest fodder suit going.

But then he leaves, goes to Barcelona and he was the real brains behind the whole operation.

Classic bollocks

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter getting Conte and Milan going down the Arsenal route is genuinely depressing

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
keep this news for his own thread

not worthy for the rumour commode

You’re right, people bickering for pages is more worthy than a quote from the man who’s responsible for all of us being here

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
inter falling out of CL places on the last matchday and milan swooping in is glorious

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Is Conte still going to merda if they fail to reach cl?

We should have some talks with Spaletti, maybe he fix a loss

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
? you're depressed despite not knowing who our coach will be?

nor how the season will end?

The only accessible world class coach for Milan heading on over to Inter is rather depressing

And the Leo stuff doesn’t help

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
It will make the derbys garbage.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

That would be the rock bottom I was referring to. Now we are on the rise again :star:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Former AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has revealed his distaste of the team’s current tactics under Gennaro Gattuso.

Berlusconi was at the helm for 30 years with the Rossoneri overseeing the club’s most successful period, and he is now in charge at Monza.

He has revealed that he still watches his former club’s games, but usually not for long.

“I disagree with the current tactic of using one striker rather than two, especially behind there are such good shots from distance,” Berlusconi said.

“Milan make very few shots on goal, so that’s why I turn on the TV to watch the game, but turn off after 10 minutes.”

He's right you know.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Lmao berlu got it right

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's right you know.

He wants 4312 with Suso as CAM.

This is why I've never gone off on Elliot or even Yonghong.
It's still better than having an owner that fires coaches because they did not implement his tactics, i.e outdated form of 4-3-1-2 with classic trequartista and two conventional CFs.

I've come to appreciate Galliani's work. Even his last years.
He's the one who prevented Berlu from going full Zamparini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule